Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: D|Unit Count: 4|Change

on June 20, 2012
For the first time since I was a kid I have had batteries corrode and ruin my equipment. This time it happened to my very expensive Mag-lite 3 Cell and 2 Cell L.E.D. flashlights. These Energizer batteries have "Energized" me to never buy anything made by this company ever again. My batteries were part of an 8 pack and the 3 unused batteries in the 8 pack were also corroded.
This reminds me of what "Burgess" batteries would do to anything you put them in. That company has long since gone out of business.

UPDATE:
-------
I emailed them about what happened to my flashlights and the rest of the 8 pack of unused batteries. 10 days later via U.S. Mail they did offer to repair or replace them and even included a prepaid label to send my flashlights to them for evaluation. I was able to clean them up enough to get them working again before I received the prepaid shipping label. I sent them another emial that I was able to get them working again and asked for tips on removing the rest of the corrosion. A week later they mailed me a coupon to cover the cost of the 8 pack of batteries, up to $15 and a letter from their technicians with tips on cleaning them up further. I am pleased with their response to my problem. Maybe a little scared to use their batteries again but now I know how they honor their guarantee. I will give them another shot. I will give the service department 5 stars and will up the overall rating to 3 stars.
88 comments| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2013
Batteries leaked and Corroded my Flashlights and Remotes, I haven't had batteries corrode and leak since the old carbon heavy duty batteries back in the 70's, but these suckers leaked like a faucet. The batteries had a use by date of 2018.
on January 14, 2013
These batteries are stamped with an October 2012 expiration date so I was not thrilled upon reciept of them. We are using them, so I can't really say how long they will last, but I just think its wrong for these sellers to knowlingly sell expired batteries.
on February 1, 2015
I'm upset that I need to even write a bad review for batteries of all things...
But yeah, I bought the AA16 pack a few months ago. And I used them sparingly. Recently I started using them for my wireless keyboard

Before I go any further, I thought something was suspicious when I had received them.The reason for that is because the package that the batteries were in was already opened. Meaning whoever was selling this had already opened this .
But at the time I thought maybe they got banged up really badly during the delivery process. Was that stupid of me to assume? DEFINITELY.
Fast forward, to actually tonight, I am streaming some games and I noticed that nothing was registering. I thought that my keyboard was messed up but it turned out that the batteries had already drained... Completely.
It's funny that they did that seeing how I had only put them in a few days ago.
I tried a new pair fresh from the box. Nope. Tried again; not having it. And so I am currently down to my second to last pair.
I guess it has just enough juice for me to write this painfully bad review.I don't know what happened at the time I made this purchase. But this is just absolutely ridiculous. And it doesn't help that I was unable to communicate to my stream followers that the batteries kept dying.

So yeah, I'm about 99% sure I was sold used batteries.
Before anyone asks, I kept this box safely tucked away until I needed them.
And I opened the back flap before realizing that it was already opened.
Also, you can see my little battery graveyard in the background of the photo I shared.
review image
on June 21, 2013
I've long been a fan of Energizer batteries and actually tend to avoid Duracell because I have had problems with that brand leaking from time to time. However, I bought a pack of these before Christmas and many of them have leaked, almost ruining some items. I'm not yet ready to say bye-bye to Energizer, but I do think I'll go back to buying the Industrial Energizer batteries on eBay (if I can't find them here on Amazon.) Inside, they don't seem to last as long as other brands of batteries (including Energizer and Energizer Max,) but I've never had one leak. They are made to hold up to extreme conditions and actually perform very well in an outdoor thermometer I have. The cold and heat can drain other batteries quickly.
on March 14, 2015
These batteries were to replace and old 9V dollar general brand I had in my acoustic electric guitar. The battery is only used when I tune my guitar but nothing else. I couldn't believe it when I seen the red light on my guitar indicating that my battery was already almost dead after not even a few days.. I must of been given very old pair because there's no reason these Energizers Max's would deplete only after a short use.. I bought these batteries for the brand and for the Amazon service and I was very much let down..
on March 15, 2012
Be sure to check the expiration date on your batteries when they arrive. I got some supposed to have a 5 year expire date and they only had 3. AMAZON tried to make it "right" and send me some with 4 year expiration dates while allowing me to keep the ones with 3 year expire dates::::-CAVEAT EMPTOR
33 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2009
Batteries... D-Cells... They were fresh and had plenty of time left before they expired. What more do you need to know? One tip though, I found it's cheaper to buy them at Home Depot, but buying here is a good alternative if you are strapped for time.
on December 29, 2012
I Ordered Energizer Max batteries - as pictured. I received the Energizer Industrial Batteries that had an Energizer Max sticker stuck on the outside of the box. And the box was cut open - with Industrial Batteries inside. I'm not sure what happened here, but they were returned.
on July 21, 2015
I was a bit concerned by the reviews that complained of expired batteries, but since I also trust Amazon's return process (which is amazingly good and responsive), I decided to go for it and make the purchase.

When the batteries arrived (Photo #1), that's the first thing I checked-- Energizer prints the date up by the Positive contact, I like batteries to have at least five more years life when I purchase them. These had ten years, six months (Photo #2). Kinda hard to argue with.

Energizer's "Powerseal Technology" guarantees "to lock in power for up to ten years". I don't know what that means-- ten years from *when*? Manufacture date? [Whenever that was?] Purchase date? Expiration date? Anyway, it really doesn't much matter-- I've never had batteries without using them for a decade anyway.

More to the point for me is the other thing that "Powerseal" seems to do: it's a no-leak technology. Energizer guarantees to pay the first $250 towards replacing any device damaged by their batteries' leaking.

Granted, that may not be a lot compared to the price of some high-end electronics, but it's a good start, and it is more than enough to replace most flashlights and lanterns, such as the battery-eating
Maglite and its ilk.