4.0 out of 5 stars Great green product, wish it held a charge longer
I bought this item for my son's swing. I actually had to order 4 packages, because I need to daily take them out and recharge them. They die completely in approximately 3-4 hours of use. I wish they lasted a little bit longer, but I appreciate using them because there is less waste, and still much cheaper than buying batteries constantly.
Published 16 months ago by Lisa G.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip-Off
Only 2500 mAh; the same as a double A. Take off the outer case and you find a C-cell with leads soldered onto the ends of the D-cell case. They seem like a bargain but you are paying for energy and all you are getting for the size of a D-cell is AA

Rip-off.
Published on May 18, 2010 by ViperDriver

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip-Off, May 18, 2010
ViperDriver (Watertown, CT USA) - See all my reviews

Rip-off.

1.0 out of 5 stars RIPOFF, January 8, 2011
These D cells are a waste of money. I bought them so I ccould stop buying alkalines to throw away, and instead now have to throw these away. They last 1/4 of the time regular D cells do. DO NOT BUY THESE.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what it seams!, April 25, 2011
This is still a good battery but it only has half the mAh of the ones I have, which means it doens't last near as long. I should have read the fine print!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off, April 18, 2011
I can't believe Energizer would make a battery like this. These were fine back in 1967 when the NiMH battery was invented but by today's standards, these are trash. Tenergy, Maha, Accupower, all make modern NiMH, do yourself a favor and pick one of those over these. Energizer should be ashamed of even making such garbage of a battery.

Pitifully low capacity and no modernized Low Self Discharge make this battery not worth the money at any price for almost every application you can think of. AVOID!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars The bunny is dead, December 12, 2011
David (Sacramento, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Long know for its "energizer battery" and the "Bunny". Energizer has stoop to a new low coporate level of making a battery that will give the lowest charge of rechargeble batteries. Marketed in a D form plastic shell it is the equilavent of AA battery. Do we let our Seniors use these battiers for their need of flashlights. I sent an email to the Energizer offices telling them because of this new decepted practice I would no longer be buying Energizer batteries. D batteries are needed mainly for flashlights and boom boxes. These batteries will no longer even power there Bunny. Sad to think another company has succumb to corporate greed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad deal, do not purchase, January 6, 2012
I bought 8 of these batteries at a national electronics store. Charged them put them in my new christmas present worksite radio and went off to work. 3 1/2 hours later the music stopped!! My radio indicated the batteries were dead. I thought maybe I bought some some bad batteries, but when I returned home and started checking I saw that these have bad references everywhere. I had spent over $50 on bad a sub standard product. My radio will play for 15 hours plus on a plain ole fashioned non chargeable set of D's,but only 3 hours on these. I do not recomend a purchase,the energizer rabbit should be ashamed.

1.0 out of 5 stars RIP OFF, December 29, 2007
If you're looking for rechargeable D cell batteries do not waste your time and money on these AA's wrapped in plastic. I made the mistake of purchasing these and have to charge them after every use of the device. I'm so disappointed in Energizer for passing these AA's wrapped in a D-shell at a much higher price than their AAs. I've now done the research and will avoid Energizer at all costs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Small battery in a big case = ripoff, June 11, 2012
Philip Odom (Vancouver, WA United States) - See all my reviews
As other reviewers have noted, these are small rechargeable batteries with about the capacity of an alkaline AA put into a D-sized case. For comparison, D-sized NiMH rechargeables from other companies may cost 50-100% more, but they have 4x the capacity (10,000 mAH vs. these at 2,500). I bought mine at a local grocery store and didn't notice this at the time. I'm taking them back for a refund once I get some with better capacity.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could give this zero stars, August 28, 2008
P. Williams (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) - See all my reviews
These batteries are the most worthless rechargeable batteries on the market- no, really... By Energizers own admission, the capacity is equal to a double A (AA). These are AA batteries in a container that will fit devices that require D cell- well, it simply does not work. You will find them running for 30 minutes and failing, just as if you were running your device on AA batteries, which you are. DO NOT BUY THEM; I wasted 40 dollars which is a lot to me. I wish to God I could send them back, but the hoops, barrels, and rings of fire Energizer makes you jump over and through to return them for their "completely satisfied" policy makes it not worth the 40 dollars. DO NOT BUY.

2.0 out of 5 stars These are ok but....., August 6, 2011
The good and the bad....

The good---not much good here except you can reuse them over and over and over.....and you will reuse them over and over because they don't keep their charge very long.

The bad--- I have a radio that is on at my house about 8 hours a day. I just like it on for background noise and like to hear the news, weather and sports updates, etc. A 4-pack of Duracells or Energizers will last about 4-5 months. I purchased these batteries at a local retail store because I was curious to see if they would work. Well, they do but these batteries in my radio lasted about 3-4 weeks before they already lost their charge. They are much lighter then the Duracells and feel really cheap. I guess if you don't mind constantly recharging these (because you will need to) then you should get them. However, these are not comparable to Duracells or Energizers. Just be cautions of this and if you know that up front you will be fine. Good luck.

Energizer Recharge D Batteries 2 Pack