5.0 out of 5 stars bats last about 8 hours
not much to say they charge and last apx 8 + hours before recharge these are used in cordless head phones
Published on December 25, 2012 by grease monkey

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong item pictured in the description
Published 21 months ago by J. Valencia

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong item pictured in the description, April 27, 2013
If you're looking for 850 mAh batteries pictured in the description these are not it. item #NH12BP4 are 700 mAh batteries. mAh or milliamp hours is unit for measuring electric power over time. mAh is commonly used to describe the total amount of energy a battery can store at one time. Obviously when one shops on line, compares products & prices, such a description is considered prior to purchase. The batteries I recieved are 700 mAh which will not hold a charge as long as the batteries pictured. I'm merely writing this review to create awareness, so Amazon can fix this issue, and get the right product pictured.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, January 23, 2013
The image clearly shows 850mAh, but batteries are labeled 700mAh. The description didn't say what the amp-hours are, so you have to rely on the incorrect photo. Buyer beware.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong ones!!!, December 20, 2012
these are clearly NOT the 850 mAh capacity shown, but are the standard 700 mAh very disappointing to purchase one item and receive an item of lesser value.

2.0 out of 5 stars "Everything Old Is New Again" featuring the Energizer Bunny, December 23, 2010
I had very bad experiences using the previous generation of Energizer 2500mAh rechargeable NiMH cells, because of their rapid-self-discharge problem. This product offer here (Energizer - Rechargeable AA-8PK (NH15BP8)) is actually the NEW version. Energizer has finally discontinued the '2500mAh' series, presumably due to massive complaints. All the new Energizer rechargeable AA cells on the market now are rated at only '2300mAh'.

I have tested four of those new cells, using the Discharge/Refresh function of my La Crosse BC-900 charger/analyzer. Here are my findings:
- Fresh out of the package, those cells hold an average of 330mAh, or just 14% of the full capacity.
- After fully charging them for the first time, they hold an average of 1040mAh.
- After two more discharge/charge cycles, the average capacity improved to 2340mAh

Based on the above observations, I can conclude that those 'New' Energizer cells are just ordinary NiMH cells with lower capacity. They are not the LSD (low-self-discharge) type pioneered by SANYO eneloop. This is very disappointing, because other name-brand battery makers have already introduced LSD products similar to eneloop, such as the Rayovac Hybrid and Duracell Pre Charged. In contrast, the Energizer Bunny simply 'rolled back' its battery technology to circa 2004.

On the new package it also advertises "Charge up to 250 more times". But that's compared to previous generation (2500mAh) cells, which has a lifespan of only 250 cycles. Most name-brand LSD cells are rated for 500 cycles. Sanyo eneloop is even higher at 1000 cycles.

In summary, those so-called 'New' Energizer NiMH cells have capacity just slightly higher than LSD NiMH cells (2000-2100mAh), yet do not offer the advantage of lower self discharge rate. As of this writing, this product is priced much higher than name-brand LSD cells. So it is just a bad deal.

The only positive thing I can say about those 2300mAh Energizer cells is: they _probably_ don't leak as badly as previous generation of 2500mAh cells. But that's not saying much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead after 2 years - Energizer AAA 850mAh - HR03, June 29, 2013
Purchased two pack of 4 AAA Energizer AAA batteries since they were listed at 850mAh and price range pretty reasonable.
However, after 2 years 3 out of 4 batteries are dead and am unable to charge using the La Crosse BC-700 charger and unfortunately this is going into a land-fill.

it's best to pay few bucks more and get Sanyo Eneloop..

Based on my light usage, I do not recommend these brand of batteries...Goodbye to Energizer!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away Stay away Stay away, December 27, 2012
December 27 2012 at 4-21-32 PM

Their rechargeable batteries do not last not even 4 month which about less than 10 times for me.

I bought their charger and their batteries, the latter started to F-A-I-L in about 4 month, and about 10 times of charges. DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE.

1.0 out of 5 stars not the item shown, November 23, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for photographers, December 15, 2011
This review is from: Energizer Power Plus NiMH AA Rechargeable Batteries, 8-count (2300 mAh, Pre-Charged) (Health and Beauty)
I bought these in a retail store and worked great till about 2 months ago. I used them twice in my Nikon Sb-800. The third time on a photoshoot I used 4 of these in an older sb-24 which I was using as backlighting with another sb-24. I had it set at 1/4 power along with the other sb-24. Later towards the end I noticed it wasnt firing, however It didnt matter much. When I started packing up I came near it and it smelled like something burned. I came to the flash and the batteries leaked and were hot, I just tipped the flash over and emptied them. So hot it melted the other housing of the flash as well.
Keep in mind I was using another sb-24 as well which did not fail or melt. However I wasnt using these batteries in that flash. And im so glad I didnt use them in my sb-800 which was my main light. My other batteries are rayovac and duracells. I gave the other 4 energizers to my kids for there xbox 360 controllers. Never again will I use energizers in my photography equipment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Batteries! BEWARE!, October 15, 2012
The batteries were defective and OLD! The date code on the UPC bar code was 2006! I can't believe Amazon would sell these and try to pass them off as legitimate! NEVER buy rechargeable batteries through Amazon, as they obviously buy cheap old stock that is outdated.
They were not an 8 pack either - it was 2 4 packs, one was good (2010) and one was bad (2006).

5.0 out of 5 stars bats last about 8 hours, December 25, 2012