5.0 out of 5 stars A rechargeable 9V battery that lives up to its name
Published on July 18, 2010 by Jason Liu

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't like these
Bought two of these in June of 2012 for a TENS unit. Used them a few times but not even every month. Now they won't take a charge. First rechargeable batteries that I have ever had a problem with. Won't purchase this brand again.
Published 11 months ago by these pretzels r making me thirsty

5.0 out of 5 stars A rechargeable 9V battery that lives up to its name, July 18, 2010
Jason Liu (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Energizer Rechargeable 9 volt Battery, (NH22NBP) (Health and Beauty)
This Energizer Rechargeable battery not only lives up to its name but exceeds its expectations despite the previous reviewer's uninformative piece. Although this battery is rated at only 150mAh, it actually produces 184mAh which is over 122% of the actual capacity claim from the manufacturer! This result has been obtained by a test done by Rechargeable-Battery-Review.com back in 2007. Energizer has now come up with a 175mAh version which has not only more capacity but works well with the Energizer Family Charger. I have used this product for my wireless Shure microphone and it is more than sufficient. Now that the 150mAh has a huge discount, one should pick up more of these. This product is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps Going and Going, October 25, 2011
Our church uses these for the wireless microphones and they have worked well for several months now. They can be left to charge will last a few services before they need to be charged again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrong place for some of these reviews, August 18, 2013
Deputy (Silver City, NM USA) - See all my reviews
I bought two of these batteries and they both work great. They hold their power for a long period of time and take MANY recharges.
The problem with some of these reviews is the reviewer has placed them on the wrong product. First off, this battery is rated at 175 mAh, not 150. And it actually DOES put out 185 mAh. So there is plenty of power. And the voltage it puts out is 8.4, which is plenty for most 9 volt uses.
The real problem is Energizer uses the same product number, 9V1, for more than one 9 volt battery. There IS a 9 volt battery labelled 9V1 that only has 150 mAh and that is the one some reviewers are reporting on. That battery is a real piece of junk and is NOT the same battery as this 9V1 battery. When you buy the battery, look for the package that says Energizer with RECHARGE underneath. That is how you tell the difference.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't like these, November 15, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, but not a long life, January 8, 2012
My alarm clock uses the 9volt as a backup power source in case of power outages and I have several other appliances that uses the 9 volt as well. I was going through a pack of 9-volts very quickly and so decided to make the switch to rechargeable. It's saved me a lot of money, but they don't seem to have a long life. It seems every time I charge one, the amount of time it lasts grows shorter and shorter.

Even with its apparent 'half-life', they're still saving me a ton of money and it's better for the environment, so WIN!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, September 4, 2012
I've purchased these Energizer rechargeables elsewhere in the past. They work great. I use them in all my remote controls in the living room. I use the 9volt ones in my smoke detectors. I use them in my electric toothbrush. Anything that takes a AAA, AA, D, C, or 9 volt battery in my house now has these batteries in it. Including the wireless mouse I'm using right now as I write this review.

You can "quick charge" them in one of the Energizer quick charge style chargers, but you'll get best results charging them in the trickle charger for about twelve to fifteen hours. The batteries stay charged much longer this way.

Purchasing these packs of rechargeables on Amazon was much cheaper than buying them at retail. They were about a buck cheaper and with Free super saver shipping and no gas money involved in driving to the store, it was a no brainer.

I might add, that their competitor Duracell does not make a 9 volt rechargeable battery at this time. In fact my research showed that they only manufacture the AA, and AAA models. The good thing is, that Duracell usually has $1.50 off coupons in the local paper, so this might be an option for you if you only need the small batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as you can buy locally, if you can find locally, October 27, 2013
I purchased 3 of these 9 volt rechargeable batteries as I use them in a a stun gun. When I bought alkaline, the battery would run out of power in a few weeks. So, since these can be recharged 100 times, I save money by charging them overnight. It takes about 7 hours. I used to use RayOvac but RayOvac is slightly larger and would barely fit into my stun gun (RayOvac also used to be sold on amazon.com). Energizer is regular size & fits just right with 8.4 volts (8.4Vcc) NIMH. Some rechargeables are just 7.4 volt, so be careful what you purchase. By the way, it has been increasing harder to find rechargeable 9 volt batteries in supermarkets (and I live in Seattle), so I turned to amazon.com, and found what I needed. They also seem to hold a charge longer then the RayOvacs. They are made in China for a company in St. Louis, Missouri. UPC # is 0 39800 00916 6.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for guitar preamps and high draw devices, May 3, 2014
I bought two Energizer 9V1 to try in my Takamine guitar preamp/pickup and have been pleased thus far. Plenty of power and lasts for weeks of daily use. Years ago I tried assorted 9v rechargeables and the 7.2v rating was too weak to power the preamp for much more than an hour. I tested the Energizer voltage with a multimeter after charging in a Maha PowerEx MH-C490F-DCW Worldwide 9-Volt Battery Charger and they were 9.6v (!), considerably higher than their 8.4v rating. New Duracell alkaline 9v usually test at 9.4v.

There is one minor gotcha for guitar preamps: the Energizer 9V1 is slightly smaller than the average alkaline 9v, e.g., Duracell, and thus more prone to vibration and rattling when you're playing. A bit of card stock placed at the end of the battery cage tightens it right up, so no biggie.

Great battery: high power, long lasting and reasonably priced. I plan to buy a bunch more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy for Me., November 22, 2013
Great Battery for my tens unit,recharge no waste on other batteries,I have used 2/3 other batteries per 1 charge ,Energizer battery are a # 1 Battery. Happy Holidays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong reliable batteries, November 20, 2013
Angry Appraiser "The Dude" (Coral Springs, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
this is all we buy now. These batteries last long on charges and I really like not having to buy batteries anymore.

Energizer Rechargeable 9 volt Battery, (NH22NBP)
$13.90 $9.65