5.0 out of 5 stars Works Flawlessly
The Dual Energizer Universal USB Car Charger can charge 2 USB devices at once.

Specifications:
The charger is rated 1.5 Amps, so each of the dual ports supplies 0.75 Amps of power (1.5 Amp / 2 = 0.75 Amps, or 750 milliamps) when both ports are used simultaneously.

Published on May 31, 2011 by MyBeesWax

1.0 out of 5 stars Handy travel charger, did not last long
No big complaints about this unit, certainly beats carrying two USB-chargers on trips. I did note that when I plugged my iphone and ipad2 simultaneously it took the ipad much longer to charge than when it was alone. But it works fine, no signs of heating up, no irritating bright blue blinking LED light to keep you awake all night. Recommended.

Update 3 months...
Published on June 29, 2011 by Ivan W. Ong

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Flawlessly, May 31, 2011
MyBeesWax "A Music Fan" (The Heart of the Golden State) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Dual Energizer Universal USB Car Charger can charge 2 USB devices at once.

Specifications:

0.75 Amps is enough power to charge most devices. To put things in perspective, a standard USB port on your computer supplies 0.5 Amps -- Thus, if you can charge a device with the USB port on your computer, you should have no problem charging it with this Energizer charger.

I have only 2 niggles: (i) 2 words: blister package, and (ii) the charger has a smooth and shiny plastic exterior. I would have preferred if the plastic was more rugged in texture.

---
This charger works flawlessly to charge all of my devices (phone, PDA, bluetooth earphones, GPS, etc.). I couldn't be more happy with it. Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Handy travel charger, did not last long, June 29, 2011
Ivan W. Ong (Charlotte, North Carolina United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Energizer Dual Universal Usb Charger, Pc2-wa, 1-Count (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Update 3 months later:
OK, originally I gave this 5 stars, but 3 months later it has malfunctioned and no longer charges any device. It makes a buzzing sound when devices are plugged in. No go for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for charging two USB devices, but no so "universal" as it does not charge iPads, June 20, 2011
Jeffhdz (CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Energizer Dual Universal USB Charger works well during my first day of use. The charger does what it should do - charging two USB devices at the same time. However there is a severe limitation - the output is rated at 1.5A max, not enough to charge the Apple iPad.

Pros:

- Works well with USB devices that does not demand a lot of power. It works with my iPhone, Android phone, Kindle, and Bluetooth headset.
- Comes in frustration-free packaging. It is very easy to open the paper board packaging.
- Universal input power from 100V - 240V AC.
- Fold-out plug that does not take any space when folded in for travelling
- Overall relatively small size.

Cons:

- The two USB ports are rated at 1.5A total. According to the original iPad charger, you need 2.1A to charge the iPad. Not being able to charge the iPad is the reason that I have to give it a three-star rating. Basically it does not enable me to carry only one charger. (Other users pointed out that the charger does charge the iPad. The iPad screen must be turned off in order for it to be charged by this charger. The trickle charge mode takes a long time to charge the iPad, and the iPad shows "not charging" although the battery does get charged over time. Upgrade to 4 stars because of this update.)
- Although it does not take much space when plugged into a wall outlet, the footprint is relatively big and it will block two outlets if used with a power strip.
- It gets very warm when charging two devices at the same time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buzzing sound, October 22, 2011
This is the first time I write a review about anything, ever, and I'm doing so because of how much I regret buying this charger. I figured that since Energizer has a good reputation I was going to get a quality product, boy, was I wrong. This thing makes the most annoying buzzing sound when I try to charge anything with it. Like most people I prefer to leave my cellphone charging overnight on the nightstand, but the few times I did while using this charger I woke up with a headache. I've tested it with other devices and different outlets, always with the same results. The worst part is that sometimes the pitch of the buzzing changes, thus becoming even more annoying. Other than that, it works as advertised, but hey, so did Chucky.

1.0 out of 5 stars Loud hissing sound and horrible smell!, December 4, 2011
Nana (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
When I opened the package, the unit smelled horrible, as if the wiring inside it was burnt. Even the outside of it smelled really bad. That sent me in the direction of wanting to return it immediately. It smelled so badly that my family noticed it before I even plugged it into the wall. It was sticky on the outside and the smell stuck on my fingers even after washing them. When I plugged it into the wall the smell amplified and a hissing sound began--like the buzzing noise referred to in the other reviews. I too thought that because it was from Energizer, a reputable company, the quality would be better but it definitely was not.

I received a refund without having to return the item but I honestly would prefer to return it. It is absolutely not useable. There is no way I would remove this charger from its packaging again. I'm throwing it out. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fails in under 90 days, September 4, 2012
I purchased the Energizer double USB charger. It worked great for about 90 days and then suddenly died.
I had been using it on my nightstand to charge my cell phone and my kindle overnight each night.

One morning my devices were simply not charged. I tried it in different outlets, and tried each of the USB ports alone - no luck.

Great idea - extremely poor quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well - Here Are Some Measurements..., June 25, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product does a great job for what it is designed to do. It is rated at 1.5 A total (so 0.75 for each port if both are in use). It works well to charge my iPhone and I'm looking forward to using it on an upcoming trip to allow the kids to use an iPad while I keep the phone charged as well.

The only concern I had was the form factor in that the device flares out quite a bit and the cigarette lighter on my ancient 1997 Expedition is recessed into the dash behind a door - I was concerned the device might not be able to seat in the socket but there was no problem there. I thought I would post some measurements so that anyone else with a restricted area around the power socket would be able to assess if they could use this. I also have a nice caliper I bought recently (for a great price here on Amazon) and might as well put it to use:

The length of the device end to end (not including the compressible tip) is 2.90 inches. The square face (where USB plugs are located) of the device is 1.60 inches across or down (as appears when plugged in). Corner to corner it is 1.84 inches. Setting the device face side down it appears like a pyramid with a cylinder on top. Looking at it in this position, the square base is maintained "up" for about 0.45 inches, then curves into the "sides" of the pyramid for about 0.6 inches, then curves into the cylinder which has a diameter of 0.79 inches. All measurements were done from the "corners" of the face as that is the part which "bulges" most and might block its insertion. Wow, after typing this I hope it makes sense and is of some use to someone.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this device - love the 2 plugs!

1.0 out of 5 stars Only worked for a couple of weeks, November 10, 2011
Energizer Dual Universal Usb Car Charger, Pc-2ca
Charger worked for just a few weeks. The small metal tip of the charger has lost its spring action and no longer charges. Upon calling Energizer they are having me mail it to them and they will let me know in the next 4-6 weeks how they will handle it after their Technician looks at it. I do not have the original packaging to send back to Amazon. At the same time I ordered the wall charger (PC-1wa) and that is emitting a horrible whining sound when charging. No more Energizer products for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful product, January 7, 2014
I have some cheaper adapters that didn't seem to work so I thought I would go with the name brand Energizer charger. It works great and I love that I can charge two items at one time. It would recommend purchasing this item. The price was very competitive to what is out there in retail. It was delivered within a few days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, December 29, 2013
I had this for a while It has yet to give me a reason to trash it, It's very strong it doesn't look steady but it is. If you need this type of product then I recommended, I never had trouble with it.

Rate and Discover Movies