Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Energizer Weather Ready Folding Area Lantern” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 56% off the $25.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
- Working on a home project? Need some help? Check out Amazon Home Services and get $30 cash back when you book select services. Learn more
Energizer Weather Ready Folding Area Lantern
|Price:||$19.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$6.02 (23%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Easy storage and portability
- Light pivots to provides 180-360 degrees of lighting
- Three area light modes: high, low and night light
- Includes built-in carrying handle
- Light output: 200 lumens
- Portable, folding 360-degree LED area lantern with up to 96 lumens of light
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||7.68 x 3.31 x 4.61 inches|
|Item Weight||0.75 pounds|
|Light Source Type||LED|
|Shipping Weight||0.75 pounds|
|Size||D (Not Included)|
From the Manufacturer
Energizer Weatheready LED Lights
From bright LED area lanterns that fold and float to emergency lights that hold their own power, Energizer Weatheready lights shine reliable, vibrant light, when you need it most.
Energizer Weatheready LED Folding Area Lantern
The Weatheready Folding Lantern unfolds to offer 360 degrees of bright, room filling light with its 8 LEDs.
- Folding light pivots to provide 180 to 360-degree lighting
- 3 light modes: High, Low & Night Light
- Integrated carrying handle folds for easy, compact storage
- Reliable – operates on 2 or 4 D batteries (sold separately)
360 Degree Lantern
Carabiner Crank Light
Top Customer Reviews
Here is what I found:
- The Energizer Weather Ready Folding Lantern, like most cheaply built LED flashlights, has ZERO regulation for power. LEDs in this lantern are simply connected to batteries through a series resistor. Therefore its power consumption (and hence brightness) decreases rapidly with lower battery voltage.
- When powered by a set of 4 fresh alkaline D cells (1.5V*4 = 6V), the lantern consumes about 3.2W of power in HI setting. This is probably where the advertised rating of "160 lumens" came from.
- When powered by 4 rechargeable batteries (1.2V*4 = 4.8V), the power consumption drops by 50% to 1.6W
- In LO setting, the lantern simply subtracts a diode drop (0.6V) from the battery voltage. The power consumption is reduced to 2.4W at 6V, 1.0W at 4.8V.
Just for comparison, the MagLite ST3D016 3-D Cell LED flashlight maintains a constant power of 2W at any battery voltage above 3.6V.
The Amazon product description seems to be outdated. It says this lantern has a light output "96 lumens" and runtime of "135 hours".Read more ›
-It's bright, but it's not like looking into a grid of stadium lights. There are other lanterns that are much brighter, but actually a little too bright for our most typical use: inside during blackouts. We don't need or want something that has hundreds of "lumens" and can throw light 30 feet.
-It's not heavy and has an easy to hold handle.
-The night light setting. During blackouts, we leave it on in bathroom for kids.
-It unfolds for a higher profile. This is helpful when used as light source for an entire room, or as a lamp for reading.
-It's held up to my clumsiness and kids being kids. It's fallen on and off granite counter tops many, many times. This thing is all plastic and you might wonder if it will last. But the kids killed a more expensive and solid-looking brookstone lantern I received as a gift just after I bought this item. (Note: that was a few years ago, and that item has been discontinued, so I'm not making an apples to apples comparison, just a comment on appearance, durability, cost.)
-Remarkable battery life. In fact, I can't remember ever changing the batteries.
-A lot safer than using candles!
Besides blackouts, it's a great toy and safety aid. I've used this while pretending I know what I'm doing under the car hood, under the sink, and behind the TV. I have never set myself on fire or been electrocuted while using this. Your experience may vary.
This doesn't replace flashlights, nor would I rely on just one as my only light source on a family camping trip.
I also own an Energizer solar version Energizer Solar Folding Lantern - SOLRE35BP of this. So far, so good, but I need a little more experience before reviewing it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works well, but not as long as I would really like. But still good.Published 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
Puts out more light than regular flash lights. Light weight. Easy store. Can sit or hang.Published 12 days ago by andre jemison
My mom had an earlier model without the frosted plastic which provides much more light.Published 2 months ago by Yummy 2020
Compact and bright. I have this in my bedroom and use it as needed for extra light. The most I've had it on at one time is almost an hour. The batteries are still going strong. Read morePublished 2 months ago by PhillyGirl
This is an awesome light 4 D batteries and this thing got us 2 weeks worth of seeing at night after the flood I bought 2 to keep as spares for future disasters.... Read morePublished 3 months ago by D Rose