5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty style, hard hitting content--it works.
In university I studied engineering. I like to explore many things but at the end the day, especially when it comes to self help, I'm looking for things that work. These CDs from Caroline Myss are working for me.
Published on April 21, 2004 by Paul K.

3.0 out of 5 stars Advanced Energy is better
Published on September 14, 2002 by Nanette Frost

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty style, hard hitting content--it works., April 21, 2004
Here's what I found very unique about Caroline's material: she makes many concepts, such as Chakras, accessible for me. Up to know I've seen them as "could be interesting but seems like new age babble." From what Caroline says in the CDs, that's how she saw all of this stuff too, until some things happened in her life and she ended up with a new point of view. Key point here: she isn't a woo-woo "stars and magic" person. She's blunt and practical. At one point she says something like this "I want to give you the science of Chakras...I like explaining these things like machines, so you see that this is real, not just made up stuff." By bringing this into practical, almost scientific terms, it's accessible to me. On tape 6, some of what she talks about was a bit out there for me, but hey, that's alright. The core of the content is very practical and can be experienced day to day.
Caroline has interesting things to say about spirituality and religion as well. She comes off as a very spiritual person, but there didn't seem to be a given religion behind that. Interesting.
Several people have commented on Caroline's style. Here's my take. Caroline is blunt and direct. She isn't warm and fuzzy. She *is* funny. She *is* a great speaker. She *is* very bright and good at quickly building to "the point." She isn't nurturing. I'm at a point where I'm really ready to take action, and ready to make some changes. I was taken aback a few times through the CDs, but that's OK. I'm ready to take some emotional bruises in order to move forward. I think it's worth it. I'm tired of finishing interesting self-help books, putting them down, and then finding that nothing in my life is different. I'm seeing lots of changes already from the way that Caroline's CDs are challenging me.
I've also seen some comments that Caroline seems overly confident in herself. I can see where that impression may come from. Here's the thing--I don't see her strength and confidence coming out of pride or need for recognition. I think it comes from having a very solid basis in what she says, and also in being very aligned in her work as a teacher. She has important information to get across. Is everything she says 100% right? Who knows? You will get an undiluted point of view on how things work though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Energy Anatomy, August 26, 2000
Kathy Blanch (Spokane, Wa USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Energy Anatomy: The Science of Personal Power, Spirituality, and Health (With Study Guide) (Audio Cassette)
This tape set by Carolyn Myss is the best I have heard. I have read her books, seen her seminars and listened to her other tapes. When I got this set, I listened to it once and then started over. Everytime I listen I learn more. I am a RN/counselor and this has been a favorite with my pts also. I can't tell you how positively it has influenced the people I work with.....It puts you in control of your mind and body and ultimately your spirit and overall health in all these areas. A master piece!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my #1 for 2002 and the year is not even half over!, April 30, 2002
For those of you open to new age thoughts and beliefs, this book is a godsend, it contains information that I have been searching for and have not been able to find anywhere else. Go on to the third paragraph for my review.
The book was loaned to me by my chiropractor, so if you're skeptical about nontraditional methods of healing, read no further, this review would be a waste of your time, and mine. Do not vote negatively just because alternative healing falls outside your religious beliefs, you are not doing anyone a justice.
For those of you that are still reading, this book is a wonderful introduction into the science of energy and healing. Myss goes into the chakras and how certain health issues can stem from specific kinds of stress and/or emotional blockages - it is well worth a read. I'm reviewing the audiocasette version, but her style is graceful enough that the actual book should be just as easy to understand. I look forward to reading more of her works, and plan to send copies of this book to my loved ones. How wonderful would it be if all illnesses could be cured, without the intervention of modern medicine as we know it?

3.0 out of 5 stars Advanced Energy is better, September 14, 2002
Nanette Frost (Strongsville, OH United States) - See all my reviews
By happenstance, I listened to the Advanced Energy series before I listened to Energy Anatomy. I found Myss's presentation and material far better on the Advanced series. So much so that I had to force myself to listen all the way through the Energy series. I had to keep reminding myself that I agreed with what she was saying. It made sense to me. I had to focus on the message and not the tone. When I listened to Advanced Energy, I couldn't wait to hear the next tape and was disappointed when I finished the last. I wish I hadn't bought Energy Anatomy but had borrowed it from the library instead. Clearly, I highly recommend Advanced Energy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Profound. Myss's best work, October 23, 2002
I have read a lot of spiritual material, and this one has had a continued and lasting impact on me. It has helped to give me an understanding of my chakras and how I relate to the world that fits completely with other spiritual material. This material made so much sence.
I am a healthy person, so Myss's books on healing have never interisted me. This material, however, taught me how to guage my own personal power and understand why I'm weak and why I'm strong. Ever since going through these tapes I have been continually physically aware of my chakras. I can feel when I am working on something that is affecting one of them, and I am aware when I am leaking a significant amount of energy from one (which is pretty much every day, but I'm aware now).
Myss has a system where people can become certified as instructors of her material. I took a local weekly class on this series and it really expanded the material, I recommend it if you can find something like that in your area. Also, once you have used this material to understand where you are leaking energy and why, you can use Byron Katie's 'The Work' to help disconnect from what you are tied into.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing set to get in touch with where your energy is going, June 10, 2001
Ivo Visic "magehydro" (Johannesburg, South Africa) - See all my reviews
This set of tapes really gets you in touch with what is happening on a more subtle level in you. What your words and actions truly mean on a biological scale of your own body. Get to know your thoughts, emotions,spirit and body in a intergrated way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for those interested in the subject, December 22, 2005
I am very familiar with much of Myss' work... having read (or listened to) many of her books and listened to the majority of her audio works.

Energy Anatomy I have found to be invaluable. Previously (some years ago) I watched a video series called "Spiritual Anatomy" by Myss. I recall that similar material was covered as what is found in this Audio series. So if you have those videos then you may want to consider whether you want to purchase this audio series.

I have found, however, that being able to listen to this material over the last few weeks has been a deeply enriching experience. It's much easier to find time to listen to this material than to sit in front of a Television and watch it. Those that are take information in better through a visual medium may wish to check out the videos.

Energy Anatomy explores the mechanics of how each of our energy centers (Chakras) processes and magnetizes corresponding levels of experience with your life. This is something I have been familiar with for many years myself (being very intuitively aware from childhood to now), yet I find that the clear, down-to-earth, and concise way Myss explains this metaphysical science to be invaluable.

In this material Myss explores and explains the dynamics of each chakra (of our Energy Anatomy [EA]) through a number of different symbolic and traditional models. The EA is initially explored as is -- as she sees it. Myss then revisits each part of the EA looking at it through the model of Christian Mysticism by drawing on the wisdom of the seven sacraments. Exploring the Seven Sacraments in this way also reveals a fresh and somewhat deeper level of meaning and significance as to what they mean and how to apply them in daily life.

Myss then revisits each chakra a third time, now looking at them through the symbology and understanding of the Kabbalah Tree Of Life. Talking about the EA from these three different perspectives gave me a number of things: 1. It made my understanding of the chakras and the significance of each one even richer and more complete; 2. It gave me a fresh and more meaningful appreciation of the seven sacraments and Christian Mysticism; 3. It introduced me to a clear and understandable view of the Kabbalah tree of life.

CONCLUSION
I highly recommend this informative material to anyone actively interested in metaphysics, mysticism, Yoga, Meditation, spiritual realities, Shamanism, Occultism, healing, and people with an open mind that are studying or practicing psychology.

Of all of the things I've read and listened to from Myss I consider this to be one of the best. Not because what it is any better in terms of how it's put together, but primarily because it covers such a fundamental level of understanding the basic energy nature of human beings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Energy--the best explanation yet!, July 7, 2000
Kathy Blanch (Spokane, Wa USA) - See all my reviews
I am reviewing the cassette version and it was beyond my expectations. After reading C. Myss's books and seeing her in person, this series of tapes brought it all together. I had an intellectual grasp of energy and the chakra's but now I have a "knowing". I am a counselor and have used some of Carolyn's work in my practice. I now feel, after listening to the tapes, that I will be able to give my pts the information and the tools they need to heal themselves emotionally. physically, and spiritually. Myss is an important voice as we enter this new era and more than likely a paradigm shift in our world-especially healing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Energy Anatomy: The Science of Personal Power, Spirituality, January 4, 2000
By A Customer
This is an extremely powerful tape set. It has the power to help change your life for the better. Carolyn Myss has a way of explaning the relation of the chakras to our everyday lives in such a way that everyone can understand. She explains in detail how our energy and that of the people around us affects every aspect of our life, from our health to our country's health to our planet's health. Dr. Myss relates past and recent events to the health of nations. She explains the Great depression and Polio, Aids, Cancer and other ailments. She offers help to fight these diseases. Her message very clear and easy to understand. This tape is a definite must for anyone who wants to improve their life spiritually, physically and emotionally. Wonderful, completely captivating. Carolyn Myss is a great teacher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Energizing and Enlightening, May 30, 2007
If you are feeling open and you'd like to "wake-up" today - I HIGHLY recommend this audiobook. You can thank Caroline Myss for her insight into the non-material presence in this life and with shining wisdom, bringing it quickly to the material world. This is a wonderful spiritual and scientific lecture series, not to mention a very exciting journey to listen to (even if you never enact her beliefs into your life). It has helped me profoundly with balancing my energy and I did not have to be a mystic to get it. She is a very good teacher.

This audio book is easily listened to in 9 hours, while driving in rush hour traffic on your way to work, but be forewarned that Caroline Myss is not joking around when she embodies the teacher's archetype. What was once a mundane rush hour drive will turn into a vibrant interaction of the energy paradigm. She will teach you and if you are at all a skeptic like I was (esp. about Chakras and unseen mysteries), thinking that you've got the world materialistically figured out, and your reality beat, then you are in for a sharp and exciting surprise. You may find yourself sliding down the rabbit hole of "Who am I? and "Why am I doing this?" and "What is the purpose of my life?" and "Where am I, now?"

These types of awareness-based questions are implied throughout her tales and experiences with anatomy of our body's energy systems. Thankfully, with insight, clarity and precision, Dr. Myss explains exactly what we are made of and it is very reassuring to know that when we do start to ask these questions of a deeper nature, there are guides like Caroline Myss who are brave enough to teach the stuff.

Used & New from: $2.19