4.0 out of 5 stars Great soundbar but hard to find
I was looking for a specific soundbar type - narrow enough to work with a 32" television, but with a subwoofer (preferably wired) and bluetooth. Needless to say this is a narrow selection, really coming down between this unit and the Visio 38" 2.1 unit.

Published 3 months ago by ATLtoph

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent sound quality, everything else sucks
First of all, the sound is decent its a bit hollow sounding, but for 150 I can't complain.

Now the cons:

1. No Dolby digital or DTS compatibility.
2. Subwoofer is puny and also wired which is a hassle.
3. Mounting holes don't allow any proper cable management.
4. No way to tell what volume is set for soundbar or subwoofer
5...
Published 2 months ago by Slim Charles

4.0 out of 5 stars Great soundbar but hard to find, May 6, 2014
This review is from: Energy BTS 2.1 Bluetooth Soundbar Package with Subwoofer (Black) (Electronics)

I was luckily able to find a BTS 2.1 at a local walmart, where most were carrying the entry level energy model without a subwoofer or bluetooth. Hookup was easy, just a matter of plugging in the adapter and subwoofer to the soundbar itself and firing it up.

Immediately I noticed that the bluetooth connection is a little different on this unit vs. other bluetooth speakers in that it doesn't pair. To connect to the BTS, you simply find the speaker in your bluetooth menu on your smart device (the profile is always visible, no matter what input it is set to or if it is in standby) and it will wake up (if on standby) and switch to the bluetooth input (even if it is currently on the optical input from your television). I have deducted a star because my windows 8 tablet didn't like whatever profile it uses and would not connect and route sound to it. It also never automatically connects to any of my devices (multiple android and ios devices), you must always initiate the connection from the bluetooth menu on your phone/tablet. Overall I like the way it works, except for the fact that I cannot use it with a windows tablet.

The front of the soundbar has four buttons: source, volume up, volume down and mute. Each of these can be programmed to learn your television remote commands, allowing you to forgo the included remote (however, the remote will still be needed to make adjustments to the subwoofer level and to toggle 3D sound). The soundbar automatically wakes up when an input signal is sensed as well.

The sound is great - what I expected from the energy brand. Despite the fairly cheap feeling to the subwoofer, it does produce adequate bass for a large room and balances well with the full range drivers of the soundbar. It can get surprisingly loud for what it is, but it does get hot after time.

Overall I am happy with the purchase - over time I will see how it holds up as it has been installed in a rental property in Florida. It will be just about the roughest residential treatment I can come up with. I will update this review if anything changes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Energy BTS 2.1, May 10, 2014
Bought it for bedroom. Easy to setup. Connected it with my Laptop and TV works perfect. Sound quality with bass is very good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent sound quality, everything else sucks, June 5, 2014

Now the cons:

1. No Dolby digital or DTS compatibility.
2. Subwoofer is puny and also wired which is a hassle.
3. Mounting holes don't allow any proper cable management.
4. No way to tell what volume is set for soundbar or subwoofer
5. Remote is laughably cheap and small
6. 3D sound mode is atrocious and actually ruins the sound especially for voice
7. It's ugly, aesthetically, this is not sleek or high quality looking at all
8. No way to turn off annoying red LED when off or green LED when on. This is extremely distracting for night viewing
9. When connected with Bluetooth it will intermittently switch back to TV mode with no input from anything.

In conclusion, it sounds ok for 150 bucks, but everything else about it is downright awful down to the wall mounting and remote. Would highly NOT recommend and honestly charging 150-200 for this should be a crime.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome sound bar with BLUETOOTH!, February 14, 2014
I needed (husband wanted lol) a sound bar for our bedroom to improve our 42" plasma. I am an energy fan (love the powerbase) but needed to put this on the wall. Shocked with the output and honestly bluetooth was a bonus. What a great way to jam to Pandora in the morning when getting ready for work because the speakerphone on my phone stinks. My hubby is not mad at me for spending a little more because its multipurpose and it sounds great! lol

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving our bar, July 15, 2014
After I got over laughing at how HUGE the shipping box was - I fell in love with this soundbar. I can't tell you how mad I am that I waited so long to get a product like this.
We added it to the TV on our main floor, using it both for the TV and to plug in our phones or ipad to stream music. The sound is awesome songs I've heard over and over sound so much better with the quality of this bar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound at a great price., June 8, 2014
Being a fan of Energy speakers, I was concerned about some of the mixed reviews. I purchased these as one of the Deals of the Day. I've placed the soundbar in a large bedroom, and they sound great. The bass coming from the 6.5" subwoofer is more than ample. The Bluetooth is easy to set even though you manually have to pair each time you want to connect. The 3D sound does open up the overall listening experience without being overbearing. At this price point, you will not be disappointed.

Rate and Discover Movies