5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference For Your Library!
Published on September 1, 2011 by ken kinakin

3.0 out of 5 stars too many typos
Published on May 16, 2012 by Bellanessa

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference For Your Library!, September 1, 2011
This review is from: Energy Medicine: Practical Applications and Scientific Proof (Paperback)
I have dozens books on energy medicine that takes a specific focus and only concentrates on that. This is one of the best books I have seen that explains what energy medicine is and covers all the different types of energy medicine and allows you to investigate further that ones that interest you. I especially found the "Zip Up Exercise" on page 61-67 very helpful for myself and patients. It explains how and why you may be helping in an unhealthy way and how to protect yourself. I also found the "Packs and Oils" list by Edgar Cayce on page 90 beneficial for different ailments. He has 32 other "Packs and Oils" protocols, not just the castor oil pack. The personal stress assessment on page 130 is an excellent resource to use to determine the stress level of your patient and how they are coping. The Shealy Acupuncture Rings on page 30-37 and 201-204 is an excellent overview of his protocols that help balance the energenic system in a different way. Dr. Shealy's review of spiritual healers and his own experience with them on page 276-287 is a good read for anyone who wants an honest and researched opinion of it. This is just the highlights of the book that impacted me. There are many other chapters that you might find helpful and insightful. This is not a comprehensive book on energy medicine, but an excellent review of all the experiences Dr. Shealy has encountered in his many decades of research and empirical findings. I would highly recommend this book to anyone that is a beginner or veteran of the energy medicine world. Dr. Ken Kinakin D.C.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Shealy Treasure, September 24, 2011
Tina Keenan (LA CROSSE, WI, US) - See all my reviews
I've made "Energy Medicine" the latest addition to my Dr. C. Norm Shealy library. It is an appealing and practical compilation of Dr. Shealy's earlier research with many updates and additions. I have long been an admirer of Dr. Shealy's commonsense wisdom and of his blunt opinions about both the wise and witless components of modern medicine. In this book he continues to demonstrate his gift of blending scientific knowledge with an increasing number of alternative theories. His adventurous mind, growing sharper and more creative with the passing years, is delightful as well as awe-inspiring to me. His belief system seems to encompass nearly every holistic possibility in the preservation and progress of a healthy lifestyle by incorporating diet, exercise, thought patterns, energy healing, contemplative practices, electronics - in other words, the investigation of every modern discovery with the retention and honoring of links to ancient wisdom as well. I believe that's what "holistic" should really be: using our innate gifts and incorporating the new knowledge that emerges over time, ever-changing, ever-adapting, ever-growing. I feel this book is a valuable adjunct to anyone's practice of self-help and planetary, as well as personal, healing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best work yet!, September 24, 2011
Dr. Shealy, long a pioneer in Energy Medicine itself and founder of multiple organizations devoted to its development and emergence, has in this volume provided a comprehensive and detailed overview that is at once informative and practical. For professionals it will provide a ready reference source sure to become a classic, with ample links to source materials. For the average person it offers an understandable path to self development and healing with actual practices described clearly. The long overdue reunion of science and spirit is happening!

3.0 out of 5 stars too many typos, May 16, 2012
I am enjoying this book, as it meshes with my ideology in life, but there are a lot of typos that are very distracting to me. For example, a sentence is followed by two more sentences that are repetitive...one paragraph can have the same sentence several times. Once, I can understand, but it continues throughout the book.... I just don't understand how editors or authors can miss such things. The book is informative, I dont want to take away from that, but the typos are just annoying for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Summation of Shealy's Career, August 17, 2011
I feel honored to be the first to discuss this book. What I have to say here is not really a review of the work but rather an appreciation of Dr. Shealy, a sort of vouching, if you will, for his extraordinary mind and spirit, just in case you've never heard of him. I have known Shealy for about 10 years now. I visited him in the early 2000s because I wanted to write something about him - I was intrigued by the evolution of his career, moving from being one of America's best young neurosurgeons in the 1950s to being totally committed to alternative, holistic, non-mainstream-medicine paths to health. I must tell you, when I first met him, I was somewhat dubious about those alternative approaches - I was agnostic, perhaps a skeptic. Conversing with Shealy over the course of several days, I was struck by what a remarkable fellow he is, and I thought, "Hmmmmm, if a man of this quality is so immersed in all this alternative stuff, there must be something to it." Indeed there is something to it. Alternative medicine - examined and summarized in this book under the more appropriate title "energy medicine" - presents us with the possibility of achieving robust, lasting health. Going down this road has made all the difference for me in terms of energy, optimism, ability to go deeply into work and love, etc. I commend this book as a first step toward your new life, if you're new to energy medicine, or a major step on the highway, if you've been traveling for a while.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, June 29, 2012
While I was very disappointed in this book I notice that several people speak very highly of Dr. Shealy so this is obviously not a review of him persay. My disappointment is that I feel the description of this book was off. It does have a lot of different modalities explained yet something as well known as Yoga was hardly mentioned. Ayurveda was given maybe half a page but if you look at the back cover it looks as though it is at least given as much attention as TCM and Qigong...not even close. Book was only $10.00 so I don't feel cheated out of money but just on information that I felt would have been included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Shealy is an absolute genius!, February 24, 2013
Dr. Karen Kan (Lake Placid, NY) - See all my reviews
As the bestselling author of Guide to Healing Chronic Pain - A Holistic Approach, I want to take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude for Dr. Shealy's work. Having met him in person, I can truly say that this man is not only a genius, he exemplifies the ideal healer. He is warm, loving and generous. Energy Medicine is another one of his great books that I've added to my collection of holistic healing books. Although I don't always agree 100% with everything Dr. Shealy says (for example, he says can't believe that there can be a device that can electronically measure one's state of health just by holding two rods), his commitment to research is commendable. What he doesn't back up with research, he backs up with personal experience. Dr. Shealy is truly my hero.

Dr. Karen Kan
Holistic Physician & Acupuncturist

5.0 out of 5 stars I own one, Bought this for a gift, January 12, 2013
Melanie Deschamp (Newburg, ND United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this book years ago, and go back to it every now and then when I feel an 'energy issue'. It came up in conversation around Christmas time, and I just had to get it for a new young friend of mine who was exploring different types of energy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only way for evolution, July 3, 2013
This book shows how we need computer-age technology to deal with present day problems of body /mind complex, we can,t no more use stone age Newtonian science to deal with computer age problems. This book has given me new insight to understand world with new tools.

4.0 out of 5 stars Energy Medicine by Norm Shealy, September 30, 2013
Good book that describes all types of energy healing and it is easily understood. He will be speaking at our ARE conference on this subject in November.

Energy Medicine: Practical Applications and Scientific Proof
Energy Medicine: Practical Applications and Scientific Proof by C. Norman Shealy (Paperback - August 1, 2011)
$16.95 $11.87