Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now DOTD

on September 30, 2008
I can only echo the other reviewers - this book is a gem. I even like it a little better than her earlier work, Energy Medicine, because it is more concise. Eden also cites books written recently with scientific backup for what subtle energies are and how they function. That helps me because although I know this stuff works, I also have the heart of a skeptic. As someone who is very dissatisfied with the way medicine is practiced here in the U.S. and who has come away from doctor's appointments feeling like something is missing, I believe this type of energy medicine is the wave of the future and is an extremely useful addition to, but not a substitute for, conventional medicine. It's too bad that so few conventionally trained doctors have jumped on the bandwagon.
on October 28, 2008
Donna Eden is one of the foremost experts in Energy Medicine. Now she and her partner David Feinstein have collaborated on a fantastic new book: ENERGY MEDICINE FOR WOMEN. This book is an encyclopedia of simple energy exercises you can easily learn, and use in only a few minutes a day. You can learn how to be a vibrant, capable woman who knows how to work skillfully with the rhythms of your very own body.

AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!

Unfortunately, Traditional Western Medicine has tended to ignore how much our hormones influence our Body, Mind & Spirit. I think the researchers decided that hormones were somehow just "too complicated." As a Psychologist, I work with a lot of clients who would prefer to find natural ways to support their mental and physical health, without taking drugs. Many of my clients would prefer NOT to go on antidepressants all month long, with their many side effects, just because they sometimes get depressed with PMS or Menopausal symptoms. Now Donna offers skillful ways to keep our bodies in balance, naturally. HOORAY!

This is a book you won't want to be without, whether you are wanting help with PMS, Pregnancy, Menopause, or just general health & vitality. This book is truly a treasure map, helping us to once again appreciate our amazing, miraculous women's bodies.

Thank-you Donna & David!

-Dr. Suzanne ib Lerner
[...]
on August 22, 2008
If someone had asked me if it were possible for Donna Eden to top "Energy
Medicine," I would have said "No way." And would I ever have been wrong.

My favorite aspect of her new book is something technical... with huge
implications that go beyond what is simply technical. When Donna describes
her experience reading auras, she writes about going all the way to the
level of that person's soul.

This is exactly the direction where my work has been developing over the past decade, which has caused me to feel counter-culture as an aura reader and writer. Well, counter-culture I may remain for a while but, now, not alone!

Donna's new book, written with the collaboration of the great Dr. David
Feinstein, had me hooked as soon as I saw her extraordinary photo on the
back cover. The photos throughout, the cover, and interior design of this
book are the most appealing I've seen in any book, improvements even over
"Energy Medicine," which was "merely" a standout among illustrated self-help
books.

You won't find this book's brilliant new techniques elsewhere, and it's an
understatement to say they have been tested. It's great that Donna Eden has personally taught these techniques to 8,000 women and thousands of
(exceptionally smart) men, but what's really great is that I can learn them!

Right from this book! And even know in advance the tiny investment of time
that I will be making! (That's because the exercises outlined here
considerately list time as part of the recipe.)

The organization and contents of the book couldn't be more helpful, and I
adore the stories. For years, I've been "Doing Donna" daily. Clearly, now
I'll be adding to my routine -- and my quality of life -- thanks to "Energy Medicine for Women."

Rose Rosetree
Author of "Aura Reading Through All Your Senses"
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2011
Let me start off by saying that I'm a huge Donna Eden fan. But this book was not at all what I was hoping for or expecting. If you have minimal hormone issues, no longer menstruate, are not concerned with fertility, pregnancy or birth, are past menopause, and don't have a weight problem, there are only two out of seven chapters that are of any interest.

I was expecting the majority of what was in the original "Energy Medicine" with information on the aforementioned thrown in, and that's not what this is. This is not to say that the reader can't glean some useful information, particularly the exercises, from it, but you really need both books if you want to get the full scoop on energy medicine. Does Amazon accept returns?
77 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2009
I am only about half way through this book but the techniques have already done wonders for me! My energy is flowing and I have lost over 2lb in 7 days without doing anything different. (and it is not just water because my body fat measurements have decreased as well and I am hungry!!) I had been feeling stuck but I am definitely not now. My metabolism is revved up and I feel great! I would recommend this to every woman! This are techniques everyone should know, not just for weight loss but for balancing your energy and hormones to just generally feel better.
on October 21, 2011
Do NOT buy the kobo edition of this book. The book itself looks great, but it is not appropriate for e-reading of any kind. It is chock full of pictures and illustrations, and these are referred back to frequently. In e-reader format, you end up scrolling from page 200+ to page 50+ over and over again. Very distracting and time-consuming. It wouldn't be so bad if there were links to the illustrations, but there are not. The book itself probably gets a 5. The e-reader edition gets a 1. Hence, my 3 rating of this book. I'm having a horrible time trying to get a refund from KOBO. I'm looking for a complaint department.
on January 1, 2010
I consider myself pretty open minded but I have never thought that I was capable of doing something like using "energy medicine". Wow, was I wrong! I had been dealing with some somewhat serious GI issues for two weeks when I received this book as a gift for Christmas. By the time I made it through just a small part of the book, my symptoms had gone on for three weeks. I had already tried changing my diet, trying different medications and herbal remedies as well as discontinuing one of the medications I had started in the last two months. Anyways...I found two exercises to try for the large intestine and the stomach. I tried them (which seemed too simple to do much good). Almost instantly my abdomen felt better than it had in three weeks and by morning, things were pretty much back to normal. I am amazed that I had tried to many different things and this is the only things that worked. I am so happy that I can cancel my doctor appointment, especially since so far they have been very little help to me. I recommend this book to ALL females! I can't wait to read the rest of it!
on January 28, 2011
I have been hearing about Donna for a long time. am also in healing arts. and to tell you the truth, even though I had gotten lots of training, certificates under my belt in energy work, nothing really stuck with me. Was leary about spending yet more money on another healer's method, but something kept speaking to me about this, so finally ordered this book, and am blown away with the wisdom contained here. Donna's understanding of energy/energy medicine is remarkable, largely because it comes from her personal life journey where she learned how to use her body's natural energy, to heal almost continuous stream of life threatening personal health problems, also from her personal experience of helping thousands of other people. She learned/s from the energy itself. and has incredible insight. This book has made me want to get a whole library filled with Donna's teaching. Is rare that we find someone with as much personal experience as this woman. This book is such a gift. I am learning more in reading it, and applying the tech. than I have in all the others put together. She really knows what she is talking about. and it has universal appeal. largely because of her huge scope of experience. Highly recommend this book, and if like me, have studied with others, still recommend getting this book and perhaps starting with one of her earlier ones. This is what I was looking for, this depth of understanding. Thank you, Donna.
on November 13, 2008
I don't have much to say --- in fact I'm speechless. I'm just so delighted to have finally found a book specifically for women on the topic of energy healing and medicine. There are other books that touch upon these topics, but this is one of the very best. I'll be recommending it to my women clients. Thanks for writing this one, Donna. Pamela D. Blair, author The Next Fifty Years: A Guide for Women at Mid-Life and Beyond
on February 26, 2009
I LOVE this book. I have used many of the exercises suggested for various issues and it is amazing that they actually work. Eden's writing style is very conversational and easy to follow. I found this book very empowering.