Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Engineering the City: How Infrastructure Works, Projects and Principles for Beginners
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 26, 2001
I have an 8 year old son who is seriously addicted to Lego building blocks and anything else that can be built. I am also a cub scout den leader and that makes me pretty good at understanding what 8 and 9 year old boys like.
They like this book! It answers some basic questions, that very subtley provide some basic engineering principles. What is BEST about this book is that every chapter has several simple projects that your child and you can do together. Again, simple, but it is suprising how educational this kind of fun can be.
My cub scouts like building bridges the best so far. You can bet we will work our way through this book and do many more projects.
Honestly, I wish a book like this existed when I was a kid. I thought engineering was all math and boring! NO SO! This book lights a fire in my imagination as well as that of my son. I love this book!
on August 16, 2007
I totally agree with the previous reviewer; this is a fun book to read with your kids and do the activies together. It's also perfect for those awkward moments when they ask you a question like, "how does a road work?" and you don't exactly know the answer. It spells out everything in an easy-to-understand way.
on February 11, 2014
This is a very helpful guide for teachers who want to give their K-6 students a broad overview of urban infrastructure. The writing is clear and crisp, and there are a lot of accompanying diagrams and examples.
on April 11, 2015
Excellent book for my 10 year old grandson. He loves building and wants to learn as much as possible about the science behind it. This gives a clear written picture regarding engineering, followed up with experiments to do on your own to visually learn the concept. I purchased a used copy that arrived in excellent, like new condition.
on December 12, 2014
A practical and fundamental look at complex building methods. This book has brief but factual details and some "labs" that can be done at home with very few materials. I believe the intended audience is for middle and high school students.
on February 7, 2014
I found this book easy to read, with excellent pictures. We need our young people interested in engineering and understand what it means. Fascinating! Fantastic books for young engineers (to be)!
on August 11, 2014
This book was indeed for me my self to get an introduction about engineering.It is good more men it will really help me achieve my goals.I apriciat the author.GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on December 4, 2012
This book was ideal for my daughter to get an introduction to Engineering. The reading level was just right for her.
on November 19, 2014
Great for kids, horrible for adults. Should have read the reviews.
on May 11, 2015
This is actually a juvenile title, and should be labelled a such.