About the Author
Marie Planchard is the Director of Education Marketing at SolidWorks Corporation. Before she joined SolidWorks, Marie spent over 10 years as an engineering professor at Mass Bay College in Wellesley Hills, MA. She has 13 plus years of industry software experience and held a variety of management and engineering positions including Beta Test Manager for CAD software at Computervision Corporation. As a Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP), she presented at SolidWorks World 2003 & 2004. Marie was the founder and coordinator of the New England SolidWorks User Group.
David Planchard is the President of D & M Education. Before starting D & M Education, he spent over 20 years in industry and academia holding various key Engineering and Marketing positions. He has five U.S. patents and one International patent. He has published and authored numerous technical papers on equipment design and manufacturing. David is a technical editor and reviewer for Cisco Press. He is a member of the New England Pro/Users Group, New England SolidWorks Users Group and the Cisco CCNA Regional Academy Users Group.
David and Marie Planchard are Co-founders of D & M Education and are active industry and education consultants. They are SolidWorks Research Partners, SolidWorks Solution Partners and co-authors of the following SDC Publications books:
- Assembly Modeling with SolidWorks 2001Plus/2003, 2003, 2004/2005, and 2006.
- Engineering Design with SolidWorks 2001, 2001Plus, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.
- Drawing and Detailing with SolidWorks 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.
- SolidWorks: The Basics 2004, 2005, and 2006.
- SolidWorks Tutorial 2001/2001Plus, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.
- Applications in Sheet Metal Using Pro/SHEETMETAL & Pro/ENGINEER.
- An Introduction to Pro/SHEETMETAL.