Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Engineering Design with SolidWorks 2011 and Multimedia CD Perfect Paperback – January 10, 2011
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
About the Author
Marie Planchard is the Director of World Education Markets at SolidWorks Corporation. Before she joined SolidWorks, Marie spent over 10 years as an engineering professor at Mass Bay College in Wellesley Hills, MA. She has 15 plus years of industry software experience and held a variety of management and engineering positions. Marie holds a BSME, MSME and a Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP) Certification. She is an active member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE).
David and Marie Planchard are co-authors of the following books:
- A Commands Guide for SolidWorks 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008
- A Commands Guide Reference Tutorial for SolidWorks 2007
- Assembly Modeling with SolidWorks 2010, 2008, 2006, 2005-2004, 2003 and 2001Plus
- Drawing and Detailing with SolidWorks 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002 and 2001/2001Plus
- Engineering Design with SolidWorks with Multimedia CD 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001Plus, 2001 and 1999
- Engineering Graphics with SolidWorks 2011, 2010 with Multimedia CD
- SolidWorks: The Basics with Multimedia CD 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 and 2003
- SolidWorks Tutorial with Multimedia CD 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003 and 2001/2001Plus
- The Fundamentals of SolidWorks: Featuring the VEXplorer robot, 2008 and 2007
- Official Certified SolidWorks Associate Examination Guide, Version 2, Version 1
- Applications in Sheet Metal Using Pro/SHEETMETAL & Pro/ENGINEER
More About the Author
David is an Adjunct Faculty member and the SAE Advisor at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in the Mechanical Engineering department and is a SolidWorks Solution Partner and a SolidWorks Accredited Educator. David holds the following professional certifications: CCAI, CCNP, CCNA, CSDA, CSWSA-FEA, CSWP, CSWP-DRWT. In 2012, David's senior Major Qualifying Project team (senior capstone) won first place in the Mechanical Engineering department at WPI. In 2014, David's senior Major Qualifying Project team won the Provost award in Mechanical Engineering at WPI for design excellence.
David has written over 50 books on SolidWorks, many with video instructional DVD targeted for the beginner to intermediate user in the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified), Korean, Japanese, Traditional Chinese and Brazilian Portuguese.
His books have ranked first in sells for the past nine years and are used by many of the top Engineering schools around the world.
Dave's goal is to write clear, concise, and well illustrated step-by-step and short tutorial SolidWorks books for professionals, colleges, universities, technical institutes, and secondary institutions. Learn by doing, not just by reading!
Top Customer Reviews
The 'final' project puts them all together in a larger assembly.
Unfortunately I lost my copy I had in college, but was happy to see it available for the verson I have access to.
I wouldn't say it is a as good of a REFERENCE book, but it is an excellent TUTORIAL style book.