Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Gluten, Dairy, Nut & Soy Free, Mini Chips, 10-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 1, 2011
Most stores are selling this for about $4.70ish. One seller on amazon was selling for $13.00 a bag: $79 for a pack of 6. NO WAY!! 4.70 x 6 should be 28.20. Don't over spend on this yummy product!
22 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2012
I am committed to getting unfermented soy products out of my diet. I find that most chocolate candies use soy lecithin as an emulsifier. After finding out that soy lecithin is pretty much the sludge that is left over after chemicals like hexane are used to extract the oil from soybeans, I decided that I want nothing to do with it. (In the days before corn and soy crops were subsidized by the government, we got lecithin from eggs, not soy sludge.) Enjoy Life chips are soy free and they taste great. I use them to make my own mint truffles.
55 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2010
There are no special nutritional needs in my family, but these were on sale, so I bought them. THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!! I came back to order a case for a friend, and currently they are sold out. OH SO GOOD!!! I am a baker, and these may be the best tasting chocolate chips I have ever eaten.
on May 6, 2012
My husband is severely allergic to MSG, and soy lecithin is an ingredient that often contains small amounts of MSG because of how it is produced. So, his options for chocolate are limited.

For chocolate chip cookies, we used to chop up 85% Lindt bars (70% Lindt bars contain soy lecithin), to make our own "chocolate chips." It wasn't very good, though, because chocolate chips don't taste as good when they're so dark.

Then, one of my grocery stores started to carry the Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. They were good...but we were so excited to discover these chunks! They are absolutely PERFECT for chocolate chip cookies. (The mini ones are ok too, but they tend to blend in with the cookies too much, so you don't taste them as much when you eat the cookies.)

I was kind of skeptical--would these still taste as good as other chocolate chips?? My husband and I agree that they do! To us, they taste just the same as regular chocolate chips. My husband loves to snack on the chocolate chunks straight from the bag, so we go through a lot of these--about a bag of these about every week.

I recommend these to anyone who can't have (or doesn't want to have) soy lecithin. My husband definitely doesn't react to these chocolate chunks--and he's had enough of them that we would know. These chocolate chunks taste so normal that you could totally share treats with people who don't have allergies, and nobody would notice a difference.

This is one of our favorite products.
on October 4, 2009
My 3 year old son is allergic to dairy, soy and corn (and a million other things) so he can't have other chocolate chips. I add them to his muffins, pancakes and cookies that I make from scratch. These chips even taste good to the rest of the family.
on May 11, 2010
The best tasting chip we have ever eaten. I use it in cooking, candy making, as a treat. And it is Gluten and allergy free!
on April 29, 2010
I was looking for chocolate chips that didn't contain regular sugar, HFCS or other garbage, I don't really care if they're gluten free but it's a nice perk. These are the tastiest ones I have found, and the cheapest as well. I haven't been able to find them any cheaper than when Amazon has them for less than $40 for 12 bags and free shipping. They cost almost $4 a bag at my health food store, so I like being able to save a few bucks buying them here. Plus they taste great (we eat them straight out of the bag when we need a chocolate fix), so you can't go wrong.
on April 10, 2009
These are great! My sister ordered some GFCF chocolate online for her son for Easter and when it didn't arrive in time, I was forced to find an alternative so he could have the same kind of Easter as his brothers. I found these chips and some Easter bunny and egg molds and made my own chocolates. They melt great and you would never know they were GFCF! They're a hit !
on February 19, 2012
As a grandma who loves to cook and bake for her 6-yr old allergic granddaughter, I keep these handy. They are perfectly acceptable for the rest of us too, the taste is just like regular chocolate, no difference. My granddaughter had several allergies and still does, but her dairy allergy now is gone. I can find other brands of chocolate containing dairy which wouldn't bother her, and they also wouldn't have eggs or nuts, but this brand is so good, why switch? She likes the bigger chunks too, I put them in her pancakes.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 17, 2014
I make the best chocolate chip cookies ever. Just ask my Mum.

And what is so remarkable about this is that my cookies are gluten-free and vegan, meaning I make them without wheat, eggs, butter, milk or milk products. I also do not use refined sugar but a few drops of liquid vanilla stevia instead. Now mind you, my Mum is not gluten intolerant; nor is she vegan. And she is famous in our family for her sweet tooth. Yet she adores my chocolate chip cookies anyway and always loves it when I bring her a batch still warm from the oven!

What is my secret? It has to be these Enjoy Life chocolate chips!

I grew up on Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate chips and Mum always made her brood of us six kids the tollhouse cookie recipe on the back of the Nestle package. I have a 60 year history with Nestle's chips and I never met a chocolate chip cookie made with them that I didn't love. But truth be told they and most traditional chocolate chip cookie recipes haven't had a place in my diet for several decades. Serious food allergies as well as gluten intolerance have restricted my diet greatly. It's been torture for my own sweet tooth, believe me.

But now thanks to these fantastic Enjoy Life chocolate chips and a great gluten-free vegan cookie recipe, I am back in cookie heaven.

These chips are tiny but I like that about them. They are also quite sweet and I like that too. No, I LOVE that sweetness!

I really love to bake, especially cookies, and Enjoy Life allergy friendly chocolate chips are a staple in my pantry. I can find these chocolate chips at my local supermarkets but they run from between $5 and $6 a package. So I was thrilled to find a six-pack of them here at Amazon for less than $25.

I bless the Enjoy Life Company for bringing chocolate chip happiness back to my life!