Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on December 21, 2009
I have Enjoy Life's first cookbook, Cookies for Everyone, and it's great. The recipes are easy to follow, don't require any odd ingredients, and most taste yummy. The first cookbook is also more aware of people with corn allergies and actually gives more suggestions to avoid corn products. (Unfortunately, neither book seems to be aware that xanthum gum is an ingredient grown on corn and needs to be avoided by those with corn allergies. An easy fix though. Guar gum is an equal substitute.) I eagerly opened this cookbook to make cupcakes for a birthday, expecting this cookbook to be similar to the first. I closed it, unable to cook from it. So, what's wrong with the second Enjoy Life's cookbook, Cupcakes and Sweet Treats for Everyone!? Almost every recipe in the cookbook uses oatmeal flour. I am surprised that a cookbook that caters to food allergies includes so much oatmeal when those with gluten allergies usually avoid it. I know that my grocery stores don't sell gluten free oatmeal, let alone gluten free oatmeal flour. I feel that I have wasted my money on this cookbook. I have a little guy that can't have oatmeal. Yes, there are a few recipes in the first cookbook that use oatmeal, but not like the 99% of the recipes in the second book. Now I have to find a substitute for oatmeal flour or get rid of this cookbook.
77 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2015
This cook book is amazing! Being dairy free, gluten free, egg free, or whatever restriction you may have is a hard task. Especially when you have a sweet tooth like I do! I was devastated when the doctor told me I had to go dairy free, but this cook book saved me a lot of disappointments. Not only was it able to make food that I could eat, but the recipes in this book actually taste good! There are a lot of diet restriction cook books out there, and they do not have good recipes in there, but this is a cook book that I will have in my kitchen for many years to come! I highly recommend to anyone who has dietary restrictions, or even someone who is trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle!
on October 21, 2010
My son has multiple allergies, and I really like enjoy life foods, so I knew the cookbook would offer things we could make, the banana muffins are great, my only fault in the book is that they take the same recipe and change the add-ins and call it something else, so there are great basic recipies that you could add lots of add-ins
on April 11, 2010
Recipes were easy to follow and they cupcakes actually look like real cupcakes. They are healthy and my kids love them!
on July 27, 2010
I have been dealing with my son's food allergies for nearly five years. In all that time, I have tried many recipes for wheat-free, dairy-free, and egg-free cupcakes and muffins. While, my son, who really didn't know the difference, thought that his cupcakes and muffins were okay, I was always disappointed with the texture and heaviness. The recipes in this book are different (and much easier)than those I have been using. I am still amazed at the wonderful light texture of the muffins I made. I highly recommend this book to anyone dealing with multiple food allergies.
VINE VOICEon October 8, 2014
My little one has non-celiac gluten intolerance and her doctor has advised us to avoid dairy and soy as well because the chemical structures are similar enough to gluten to possibly cause cross-reaction. I really like that every recipe in this book is free of gluten, dairy, and soy. Too many GF cookbooks are dairy-heavy and require me to figure out the substitutions. This one I can open it to any recipe and am good to go.

So far I've made the Chocolate Raspberry Supreme Cupcake (pg. 66), Warm Cinnamon Apple Muffin (pg. 104), Blueberry Crunch Muffin (pg. 107), Raspberry French Vanilla Muffin (pg. 124), and the Cozy Chai Muffin (pg. 128) and they have all been tasty.

Recommended for those with multiple food allergies.
on October 5, 2013
I'm a dummie to do bread recipes. Actually I don't know how to bake a good old-fashion whole wheat bread. I have started to buy cookbooks about this topic. When I bought this one I thought that it would be difficult, because in the past I wasn't good baking gluten-free bread, much less cupcakes.
I have made a few recipes and they are easier than I'd expected; the flavor is awesome, you can't believe it's gluten-soy-egg-dairy-free.
I recommend this book but the main reason for 4 Stars is because most of the recipes have shortening and I can't find out a vegan shortening (not margarine), much less an organic one.
on April 21, 2010
While GF oat flour does exist, my celiac wife is avenin-sensitive and can't use it. Had we known this book relied heavily on oat flour for the many cupcake and muffin recipes, it wouldn't have been on our wishlist.

We may try some of the recipes with substitutions, but our initial impression is not favorable and we expected more from Enjoy Life.
on July 3, 2013
Omg thank you for the Ravin' Raspberry Cupcake. Everything in the book looks amazing and super yummy. Also the layout for the recipes made everything very easy. This is a delicious book and beautifully presented with mouthwatering photographs. If you're a foodie and you love sweet things, this is a must buy.

If you love baking cupcakes and wanted some ideas, this is the book for you!
My whole family loves my cupcakes. Cupcakes make the world a better place. Oh sure, I feel a little guilty eating them, but they are --- oh so good! Nice set of recipes and the Expressively Espresso Chocolate Cupcakes are to die for...
on December 3, 2015