5.0 out of 5 stars Another sweet spoonful!
Published on November 20, 2006 by Laura Matusek

3.0 out of 5 stars great group, poor song writing
I was disappointed with this album. The first album was great, but this one just doesn't have the "spark" the first one had.Don't get me wrong.

The album is good and I would buy it, but I just played both albums and I do not get the good feeling that I felt with their first album.
Published on March 2, 2007 by wizard

5.0 out of 5 stars Another sweet spoonful!, November 20, 2006
This review is from: Enjoy The Ride (Audio CD)
Sugarland have been the underdog from the beginning. They were a band of songwriters formed in Atlanta that went to Nashville and got a record deal. That was a feat in itself. Then they came onto the scene and exploded like a pack of dynamite, selling three million copies of their debut album and watching their first four singles become monster top ten hits. That really got people's attention. People were captivated by Jennifer Nettles' powerhouse vocals and the band's bubbly, energetic sound and anthemic songs.

Although Jennifer and Kristian have experienced a bit of a setback with the departure of Kristin Hall earlier this year and had to throw this album together while on the road with Chesney and B&D this summer, neither has affected their sound. Jennifer's voice is as stunning as ever, and the productions are even better in the hands of the super talented Byron Gallimore. The new duo have the same knack for writing songs about the human condition that all people can relate to. "Everyday America" is a song about living in the moment and being proud of your small town roots. "Want To" is written from the perspective of a girl trying to enter into a relationship with a guy, but it's really about chasing your dreams and achieving your goals in life. "Happy Ending" talks about how we all look for the happy ending in whatever we do, from staying in the movie until the end to getting married or doing something that affects us all, like Dr. King and Neil Armstrong, who are referenced in the song. "Settlin'" is about finding your true love and not settling for anything less, which is what a lot of people are looking for. Another goody is "One Blue Sky", a song that was inspired by Hurricane Katrina about digging in your heels and staying in your hometown despite the conditions and praying for a clear day to clean up and go back to normal.

"How long til our dreams run dry?

Don't know but we're stayin'

On our knees we raise our eyes

Holdin' on and prayin' to find

One blue sky."

Sugarland shows that there ain't no sophomore jinx. With another collection of powerful songs and great melodies, it'll be sure to sweeten your collection. Enjoy this ride at twice the speed of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great from start to finish!, November 28, 2006
T (St. Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Enjoy The Ride (Audio CD)
I found that I liked Sugarland's sophmore CD even better than their debut CD.

I bought their first CD when I heard the single "Believe". I love that song. I enjoyed the CD, but "Baby Girl" and "Something More" were both so overplayed on the radio, I found that the only other song I liked on the CD was "Believe".

Anyway...due to that, I wasn't exactly holding my breath for their next CD...until I heard the single "Want To". I went out and bought the CD and I love it!

I always have a little more respect for artists that write their own music, I connect more to it I guess. I think they did a heck of a job with their writing...especially after losing a key member of the group.

This CD just about has it all...county, rock, acoustic. It's got love songs, feel good songs, small town songs and sad ballads.

Go out and get this one. It's worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nettles is a Legend in the Making, May 22, 2007
This review is from: Enjoy The Ride (Audio CD)
In today's cookie-cutter music industry that is full of over-produced and studio-pastuerized songs, it is vital to have a unique tone and style that makes you immediately-identifiable on the radio. At the core, I am a Rock musician, yet I appreciate a variety of music styles when performed and recorded well. Sugarland entered the scene as a "hip" Country act and knocked us (the audience) into a full-on smile! While they have been admirable and impacting as a group, it truly IS Jennifer's voice that is a huge selling point as a member of the band. When she sings, you immediately KNOW that it is HER! Many musicians just DREAM of having a instantly-recognizeable style that people will love! Miss Nettles is THERE! Furthermore, just about ANYTHING Country that she sings is gonna sound great because of her deep Southern accent and her unique vibrato and determined energy. How many OTHER Country artists have had a hit single with Jon Bon Jovi? It is hard to NOT like Jennifer Nettles, unless you don't like Country music AT ALL!! 'Nuff said!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Thought It Would Top The Debut, But It Does, March 17, 2007
This review is from: Enjoy The Ride (Audio CD)
Sugarland's debut album was a smash hit, and just when they started to take off, they lost their primary songwriter when Kristen Hall left the band. So how were they going to follow it up? Enjoy the Ride is a real progression for the now duo of Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush. Kristen Hall has a song-writing credit on the album, but as any Sugarland fan knows, that song--"Sugarland"--was written years ago and appeared on the group's little-known acoustic CD "In The Raw." Another track on Enjoy the Ride which was pulled out of mothballs is Jennifer's acoustic ballad, "Stay," which gives a glimpse into Jennifer's pre-Sugarland solo career. Every song, from the upbeat "Settlin'" to the bluegrassy "April Showers" to the self-reflective "These Are the Days" is a keeper. The only song on the CD about which I'm not crazy is "Mean Girls," because it is such a misfit song for them, but even that one's status as a keeper is saved since it features the greatest six-stringer in country music, Brad Paisley, playing some killer riffs. Overall, Enjoy the Ride is lively enough to engage some new fans to Sugarland without turning off the fans who were hooked by Twice the Speed of Life.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Did Enjoy The Ride!, November 11, 2006
This review is from: Enjoy The Ride (Audio CD)
The First time I heard "Baby Girl" I couldn't wait to hear it again, and that was how I felt when the first single "Want to" dropped from this new cd. However, there was plenty more of great songs where that came from and it's not always easy to Love songs on first listen but like "baby girl" this cd had plenty of them. "Settlin" and "Happy Endings" are two standouts as well. A wonderful 2nd ride with sugarland.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy the Ride, November 7, 2006
This review is from: Enjoy The Ride (Audio CD)
I had pre-ordered this great CD from iTunes, and it was available for download last night around 9:00, though I didn't download it until after the CMA's, and I didn't go to bed until I had listened to the entire thing. Not only does it show the talent of Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush as artists, but also as song writers.

This record seems to have a majority of upbeat songs, which is great. Every single song on this album has something good about it. "Everyday America" it really shows off Jennifer's vocal talent. "These Are the Days" is more of a duet with Jennifer and Kristian - he is a main vocalist in this song. "Want To", their first single is another upbeat song, and from the music to the vocals is just all around great.

If you're a Sugarland or country fan, this is a must buy for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars terrific CD, January 28, 2008
This review is from: Enjoy The Ride (Audio CD)
I bought the CD for one song only that I had seen performed on an awards show but the whole CD is great. I personally cannot stand country music, but this reminds me a little of Melissa Etheridge.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sugerland, March 20, 2007
This review is from: Enjoy The Ride (Audio CD)
I like the CD. It hasn't grown on me like the first CD yet but I am hopeful that it will! The music and lyrics are great. Nobody else like them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD, January 27, 2007
Music Lover "Music Lover" (Lafayette, Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Enjoy The Ride (Audio CD)
This new CD from Sugarland is a very good CD and has a lot of stand out songs on it. Want To is one of the most beautiful songs that I have heard in a long time. I love their new single Settlin'. This song is very up beat. I do enjoy the ride that Sugarland has given their fans so far. Quite ironic about the title isn't it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great sophmore cd, January 11, 2007
This review is from: Enjoy The Ride (Audio CD)
Way to go Surgarland. They still have the same sound, even though thaey are a duo now. If you ever get to see them live do it. They are wonderful.

Enjoy The Ride
Enjoy The Ride by Sugarland (Audio CD - 2006)
Rate and Discover Movies