5.0 out of 5 stars Billy delivers another great cd.....
Published on September 22, 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars It's O.K.
Not old country but it's o.k. I bought it mostly for one particular song.Nothing in particular wrong with the arist.He is very talented.
Published 18 months ago by Ricky Purgason

5.0 out of 5 stars Billy delivers another great cd....., September 22, 2010
This review is from: Enjoy Yourself (Audio CD)
Couldn't wait for it to arrive....have been a huge fan of Billy's since the first time I heard him....I anxiously await anything he does.....I love seeing the lighter-funnier side of this artist who has never taken himself seriously. I have seen him on several occasions & he is always so accessible to his fans, in fact-he goes out of his way (& personal safety sometimes!) to let people get close to him. You can see that he thoroughly enjoys what he does & honestly wants you to have a great time along with him.

I love the funny stuff, but I will always love his heart-wrenching ballads.....Must be Doing Something Right will always be my favorite. He just has a way & a voice to be able to do almost anything, but when he lets go on those sweet love songs or sad heartbreak songs, it gets to you right down to your soul. He could recite the phone book to music & it would be great!

This new cd has something for everyone....you won't be disappointed.....my only question is....when's the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Back Billy!!, September 23, 2010
This review is from: Enjoy Yourself (Audio CD)
A great cd from an artist expanding his horizons. "Enjoy Yourself" is a relaxing cd, with a few deep songs thrown in for good measure. Listened through the cd about 3 times before realizing that almost the entire cd is a good time. Personal favorites are tracks 1,2,4,5, and 7. Well worth the $10 bucks!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Currington Offers Disc for Our "Enjoyment", September 21, 2010
Prime Cuts: Perfect Day, Pretty Good at Drinking Beer, Let Me Down Easy

With song titles like "Enjoy Yourself," "The Perfect Day," and "Pretty Good at Drinking Beer," Currington has taken a hiatus from those overtly serious and stuffy inspirational material such as his former chart toppers "People are Crazy" and "Good Directions." Rather, following in part in the footsteps of Kenny Chesney, he has decided to take it easy on this album filled with a reposeful groove over tunes that celebrate life in its simplicity. Thus, taken in such a predilection, "Enjoy Yourself" lives up to its album title. Though these 10 cuts may not offer shafts of life changing insights, it is a fun, catchy and enjoyable endeavor. In the process of lightening up, Currington has become more accessible and relatable. This is further enhanced by his wry self-deprecating humor often giving the entire set a hint of edginess. Helmed by co-producer Carson Chamberlain (who recently produced Easton Corbin's excellent debut), the sparse (and often with a hint of an island) backings befit the tenor of the disc making our listening experience breezy, relaxing and jovial.

It's no surprise why country radio has devoured vanguard single "Pretty Good at Drinking Beer" by elevating it to the penthouse position of the country chart. "Pretty" is a low key charmer that has a way of slipping into our memory with its infectious island-like groove that is made even more accessible with its honest down-to-earth message. Told in the first person narrative, here Currington admits he's not good at what most men excel (working hard, mowing the lawn, fixing cars et al.) but he's pretty good at drinking beer. More humorous moments come with Harley Allen and Scotty Emerick's "Like My Dog." Despite the deprecating concept of comparing his lady to his dog, the song is reek with refreshing humorous lines. Here's an example: "He never says I wish you made more money/He always thinks that pull my finger's funny," this has to be one of the most clever lines in a long while. On the other hand, album opener "All Day Long" may not chart new territory melodically or lyrically, yet this propulsive straight forward love song has an immediacy that will anchor Currington with another hit again.

Yet, not everything here is light hearted and frivolous. Dean Dillon (writer for over 50 of George Strait's cuts) makes an appearance here by contributing "Perfect Day." Somehow similar to another Dillon co-write "The Best Day" (a number one by George Strait), "Perfect Day" is a romantic getaway song that will swoon those who like Currington in his more tender moments. Though the ballad "Let Me Down Easy" does not divorce itself from the beach/island references, it's a serious fiddle-drenched slowie with Currington bearing his soul to his lady. "Until Now" (which is incidentally the album's longest track clocking in at 4:45 minutes) is a slice of 80s pop that is pleasant without much to shout about. Currington gets gritty with "Little Lonesome Dixie Town" a Lee Roy Parnell-esque barn burner with some extended funky guitar riffs.

"Enjoy Yourself" is an apt title for this fourth release by Currington. It's meant to be taken as an sonic escapade - where we can laugh, enjoy and take life easy. And to this end, the album works. However, if you are looking for a life changing experience, this disc is not it. Sure there are a few ballads and some more contemplative moments, but there's nothing really that insightful here.

5.0 out of 5 stars wannabacowgirl, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Enjoy Yourself (Audio CD)
I have enjoyed this CD so much!! Billy Currington is one of my faves!! His music makes me so happy!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every song is good!, December 11, 2012
This review is from: Enjoy Yourself (Audio CD)
The song, Love me like my dog is so fun! All good songs. You won't be disappointed. Way to go Billy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love me some Billy!!!!!!!, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Enjoy Yourself (Audio CD)
Another good cd from a great vocalist in the country music industry. His songs always tell a story and down to earth for us normal people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy Yourself, June 2, 2014
This review is from: Enjoy Yourself (Audio CD)
I like almost every song on this CD, and enjoy listening to it all the time! I definitely recommend buying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, March 25, 2014
This review is from: Enjoy Yourself (MP3 Music)
I love this album. A lot of great songs, only a couple I didn't like very much. Would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 20, 2014
This review is from: Enjoy Yourself (Audio CD)
Bought it especially to have Bad Day of Fishin' and Pretty Good At Drinking Beer. Those are still my 2 favorites but totally enjoy all of Billy Currington...Recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars I Like It, November 7, 2013
This review is from: Enjoy Yourself (Audio CD)
A lot of surprisingly beautiful music on this CD. Although "I'm Pretty Good At Drinking Beer" and "Like My Dog" are pretty darn funny and we all need some funny in our lives!

Enjoy Yourself
Enjoy Yourself by Billy Currington (Audio CD - 2010)
Rate and Discover Movies