Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Enjoy Yourself
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon September 22, 2010
Couldn't wait for it to arrive....have been a huge fan of Billy's since the first time I heard him....I anxiously await anything he does.....I love seeing the lighter-funnier side of this artist who has never taken himself seriously. I have seen him on several occasions & he is always so accessible to his fans, in fact-he goes out of his way (& personal safety sometimes!) to let people get close to him. You can see that he thoroughly enjoys what he does & honestly wants you to have a great time along with him.

I love the funny stuff, but I will always love his heart-wrenching ballads.....Must be Doing Something Right will always be my favorite. He just has a way & a voice to be able to do almost anything, but when he lets go on those sweet love songs or sad heartbreak songs, it gets to you right down to your soul. He could recite the phone book to music & it would be great!

This new cd has something for everyone....you won't be disappointed.....my only question is....when's the next one!
on September 23, 2010
A great cd from an artist expanding his horizons. "Enjoy Yourself" is a relaxing cd, with a few deep songs thrown in for good measure. Listened through the cd about 3 times before realizing that almost the entire cd is a good time. Personal favorites are tracks 1,2,4,5, and 7. Well worth the $10 bucks!!
on September 21, 2010
Prime Cuts: Perfect Day, Pretty Good at Drinking Beer, Let Me Down Easy

With song titles like "Enjoy Yourself," "The Perfect Day," and "Pretty Good at Drinking Beer," Currington has taken a hiatus from those overtly serious and stuffy inspirational material such as his former chart toppers "People are Crazy" and "Good Directions." Rather, following in part in the footsteps of Kenny Chesney, he has decided to take it easy on this album filled with a reposeful groove over tunes that celebrate life in its simplicity. Thus, taken in such a predilection, "Enjoy Yourself" lives up to its album title. Though these 10 cuts may not offer shafts of life changing insights, it is a fun, catchy and enjoyable endeavor. In the process of lightening up, Currington has become more accessible and relatable. This is further enhanced by his wry self-deprecating humor often giving the entire set a hint of edginess. Helmed by co-producer Carson Chamberlain (who recently produced Easton Corbin's excellent debut), the sparse (and often with a hint of an island) backings befit the tenor of the disc making our listening experience breezy, relaxing and jovial.

It's no surprise why country radio has devoured vanguard single "Pretty Good at Drinking Beer" by elevating it to the penthouse position of the country chart. "Pretty" is a low key charmer that has a way of slipping into our memory with its infectious island-like groove that is made even more accessible with its honest down-to-earth message. Told in the first person narrative, here Currington admits he's not good at what most men excel (working hard, mowing the lawn, fixing cars et al.) but he's pretty good at drinking beer. More humorous moments come with Harley Allen and Scotty Emerick's "Like My Dog." Despite the deprecating concept of comparing his lady to his dog, the song is reek with refreshing humorous lines. Here's an example: "He never says I wish you made more money/He always thinks that pull my finger's funny," this has to be one of the most clever lines in a long while. On the other hand, album opener "All Day Long" may not chart new territory melodically or lyrically, yet this propulsive straight forward love song has an immediacy that will anchor Currington with another hit again.

Yet, not everything here is light hearted and frivolous. Dean Dillon (writer for over 50 of George Strait's cuts) makes an appearance here by contributing "Perfect Day." Somehow similar to another Dillon co-write "The Best Day" (a number one by George Strait), "Perfect Day" is a romantic getaway song that will swoon those who like Currington in his more tender moments. Though the ballad "Let Me Down Easy" does not divorce itself from the beach/island references, it's a serious fiddle-drenched slowie with Currington bearing his soul to his lady. "Until Now" (which is incidentally the album's longest track clocking in at 4:45 minutes) is a slice of 80s pop that is pleasant without much to shout about. Currington gets gritty with "Little Lonesome Dixie Town" a Lee Roy Parnell-esque barn burner with some extended funky guitar riffs.

"Enjoy Yourself" is an apt title for this fourth release by Currington. It's meant to be taken as an sonic escapade - where we can laugh, enjoy and take life easy. And to this end, the album works. However, if you are looking for a life changing experience, this disc is not it. Sure there are a few ballads and some more contemplative moments, but there's nothing really that insightful here.
on October 29, 2013
Have to say he has the happiest break-up song I've ever heard - "Love Done Gone"! Think I'm getting ready to enjoy myself because I have a feeling I will be playing that over and over shortly! The songs are great and this is one of his best CD's in my opinion!
on July 29, 2013
Love his music and enjoy seeing him on stage...he brings something different to the country music scene and keeps things interesting. Definitely take the time to check out his music...he will surprise you with many of his songs!
on September 6, 2011
I am NOT a country music fan, just like a few "peppy" get ya movin' kind of songs but this album really "impressed me"! Although classified as "country" I wouldn't actually call it country due to the type songs and the way they are performed.Definitely has taken a "spot" in my all time favorite songs/albums.....It IS GOOD! And besides all that He ain't hard on the eyes either!!!!
on January 31, 2015
Look, I am a huge fan of Billy, have been for a long time. The music on this CD is outstanding... but this isn't the 70's LP anymore. 33 minutes of music, are you kidding me? C'mon Billy, you're better than this.
on February 18, 2011
To me Billy Currington's music is a little mix of everything. I love the current single Let Me Down Easy. It is almost like an anthem for anyone who may wear their heart on their sleeve for a moment. You are scared to be let down, so let them down easy.
on March 4, 2011
This is a very good CD. I like when you buy a CD and the whole thing is good..This one is that, minus ONE..The second song is a little 50ish and it's just not me, but otherwise I'm pleased with it all. Of course my service from Amazon was great. Received it promptly and as always in perfect condition. Thanks Amazon.
on March 11, 2011
I have been enjoying this CD. Despite other reviews, I find this CD great. It is a little departure from some of his usual-but I think that is what is great about it. A very well rounded artist. Can not wait for his next. Would like to see more of him. Thanks