Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 23, 2011
...If you are searching for peace within yourself, this book is an excellent tool to help you on your journey. The knowledge and gentle guidance offered by this author is so beautifully written, one can not help but feel a sense of connection through his words.
I really enjoyed the layout of the book. The simplicity of each page allows you to read slowly, pause, and reflect on what you have just heard, in fact it encourages this. It is also very evident that the underlying message is always and throughout; take what you need, if you find benefit here in these pages take it and ponder it, use it, enjoy it. If you do not, then thank you for listening:) I found the pages full of wisdom and life, and did indeed walk away with much to ponder, use, and enjoy. I am confident you will as well.
I would highly recommend this book. I have it in kindle and paperback. I am proud to add it to my collection of daily inspirations. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Have a peaceful day.
on March 17, 2015
*Enlightenment* reminded me of Khalil Gibran's books, especially The Prophet, that I read in the early 80's
and probably lost with so many other good reads in the flood of' '97'.
Mr. Riley's writings however are much more in line with a belief in a finite consciousness.
A Consciousness that is the first part of the Duality of the Divine,,,,and upon submitting to Conscience completes
all that is good in the only sentient existence one will ever have.
Well, I guess whatever fills one's sails on the journey to oblivion.
I know it filled and will continue to fill mine.
on December 13, 2011
I was once honored to hear the Dali Lama speak when he visited Seattle a few years ago. I'll never forget his opening remarks "If you come here today seeking Enlightenment you are going to be disappointed. Enlightenment is a life-time journey and cannot be achieved in an afternoon. Today I would like to have a simple conversation with you." Ok...I admit it - I was a little let down - after all I came seeking words of wisdom and perhaps an epiphany or two, if not Enlightenment. Little did I know I received my words of wisdom and my epiphany but the realization that I got what I wanted came along much later. Enter the book "Enlightenment". It was the Dali Lama's words that I kept hearing when I cracked open this book - and I'm glad that I had those wise words of counsel to guide me while reading "Enlightenment" as I now truly know that achieving Enlightenment will be a life-long journey for me and that I'll meet people during my journey who will help me and provide wise words wisdom. Such as Mr. Riley. I'm sure that Mr. Riley is further along his path than I am - however - having read the book I don't believe that I've reached my destination or achieved Enlightenment as Mr. Riley states will happen. I consider his book as a valuable companion to help me achieve my goals and I find his contribution to my journey valuable. His writing style is approachable and the formatting of the book lends itself to taking time to contemplate the words of wisdom that speak to you. My only real criticism is that I would have liked to know more about the author's journey - to get to know him as a person behind the words. By keeping his own story out of the book seemed a little impersonal to me. Mr. Riley stated he didn't want his story to distract from his words - but I think the effect would have been just the opposite.
on July 31, 2013
Assurance is what came to my mind, because as I read through the pages of Enlightenment I found many, what I believe to be truths that I personally felt but was unable to express. I also found many philosophies that I will go back to again and again. The attitude of taking care of oneself being major really appealed to me, giving time for exercise, meditation, caring for your physical and emotional well being is emphasized and I felt gratified that I am not being selfish in that respect. It speaks of truth, happiness, character and conscious and so much more. I will keep this book forever.
on March 14, 2011
In this book, Jim Riley has managed to capture basic human ideas and phrase them in a way and with a vocabulary that most of us could not do on our own. Enlightenment was not what I expected when I began to read it, but it was much better. The book is organized into numbered entries usually ranging from anywhere to a single paragraph to three or four paragraphs. This makes the reading seem to fly by. Jim Riley truly shares his knowledge and wisdom with you as he takes you on a journey. I'm not sure if I would call this a spiritual journey or a journey of humanity. It definitely stirs one's spirit. Still, I never once felt pushed to believe a certain way. It was easy to take the words from the page and fit them into my worldview as another piece of a jigsaw puzzle, so that it can create a more complete picture. I would certainly recommend this book. It is a fantastic read.
on July 1, 2013
This is a book where the author shares his personal experiences on a journey to enlightenment, and I enjoyed reading them. It was nice to read about these snippets and compare them to my own. It was almost like having a conversation.

The layout of the book is also a nice touch. Each reflection, no matter how short, had an entire "chapter" dedicated to it. It adds emphasis to each experience, I think.

If you wish to know about a man's journey to enlightenment, this could be an enjoyable read for you.
on June 2, 2011
I have a stressful job and other stresses when I get home. I keep a copy at my office, and the other home and just by opening to any page and reading some of the words of wisdom from Mr. Riley, I can find some inner peace to help me get through the immediate troubles of the day. We all need to break away from the day to day stress and issues that we are faced with, and, by breathing deeply, and reading and understanding what Jim has to say-- I find a way to decompress and move on with my day and the challanges that pop up around me. Enlightenment helps me get through some tough days, removing myself for a momemt from the immediate ongoing problems---a great way to meditate on the deeper meanings of life and why we are here and what really matters in our lives...making the problems to be dealt with a little easier to get back to after pondering the messages Jim has written in his book. I tend to open a page at random and am often surprised at how the writings on that page can be just what I needed to then get back on track...
on March 9, 2014
This author writes in prose but brings out thoughts and feelings typically only found in poetry. I will be reading this book many times.
on November 20, 2011
This book does contain some good thoughts and advice but little that pertains to what I consider "Enlightenment". I purchased this book based on the Title, the Cover, and the Amazon reviews(8 five stars of 9 reviews). I thought this book would have more meaningful material based partially on the Eastern philosophies. After reading it, I was disappointed and decided to submit a review. I never reviewed a book before because, until this book, all the highly rated books I have bought on Amazon would have also received the same high rating from me. However, I want to inform others that this book is not what it appears to be. Also, some of the pages contain one, two, or three sentences. The book should contain about 70 pages instead of the 138 pages if all the pages were filled with content.
on March 2, 2014
Very wise thoughts and a good read. But there were often times I would lose the meaning behind what the author was trying to say. Insightful, but sometimes a little boring and repetitive.