Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on December 8, 2009
These grew fine in our basement. I was under the impression that we would have multiple harvests, but the literature states two, maybe three. That's a lot of cash for a few bowls of mushrooms. If you do have expendable income, they are delicious.
on April 27, 2010
I had a hard time growing these. Firstly, you're suppose to keep it in the refrigerator to grow, however, the size of the block of soil they give you is SO BIG that there is no way it would ever fit in our 'frig (also because you need room on top for these to place the plastic hood and they sprout up rather high). It would be good if they sold them in smaller blocks, like 1/2 or 1/3 the size, so people could accommodate them in their refrigerators. They never really grew properly and always looked sparse and sickly. However, to the company's credit, they offered to replace it, so that shows me they are honest. For that reason I give them 3 stars instead of 2. If they sold these in smaller packages for people with not much room in their fridge, then I would give it 4 stars, because I am SURE these probably grow much better in the fridge, and I would've had better success had I been able to put them there. The smaller package would be easier to grow and a more affordable price (they'd probably even sell more too). I think I'll try to find a grower that sells the mushrooms locally, because they are incredibly healthy and contain a chemical that has anti-cancer, anti-tumor capabilities...so it's worth it to find and eat. I hear they are very tasty too.
on January 13, 2013
Growing these mushrooms are so easy, & lots of fun! This is our 2nd kit. Last one was Shiitake. These grew so fast! We'll harvest tomorrow, & make something wonderful w/ these Enokitake. to buy these fresh, would have cost more, & been difficult to find locally w/o driving across town to an Asian market.WE LOVE IT!
on April 25, 2013
I ignored the negitive posts and bought this anyway I wont do that again! I followed the directions to the letter and got nothing.
on July 22, 2013
I have not been able to get it to grow, I have tried several times. So not very HAPPY or pleased with this product.
on April 11, 2012
From collecting coffee grounds at the local roaster, to shredding newspapers, to mixing, watering and watching, this has been great fun! And the home grown 'shrooms are delicious, to boot.
on February 17, 2013
What a crazy mushroom! I had a refrigerator full of growing mushrooms since these guys fruit under cold conditions. What a great mushroom and also very tasty!
on January 14, 2015
Exploded with enoki mushrooms overnight.
on May 19, 2012
I believe it arrived DOA as the instructions said that it was to have a cotton like top and mine was smooth like icing. Didn't do anything...not one shroom. We followed the directions exactly and even added ice as advise and nothing. It seems like it could be interesting but it's too expensive to be an experiment and they should have something set up to make for easy replacement given that I suspect these have a high failure rate.

See 1 answered question