5.0 out of 5 stars This is my second ensupra electric monitor
Published on December 19, 2012 by S.C.Choudhary

1.0 out of 5 stars Company does'nt care
Published 18 months ago by Michael Morgan

1.0 out of 5 stars Company does'nt care, June 20, 2013
This review is from: Ensupra Electricity Usage Monitor, Power Meter, Reduce Your Energy Costs
This worked at first. Then after not using it for about 5 days, the unit went dead. I replaced the internal batteries and it came back on, but it would'nt work anymore. I contacted the company, and they said that I had a very unique problem, and they would send me another one if I filled out their contact page. Nothing happened, and Amazon says it can't be returned. So I'm at a loss.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my second ensupra electric monitor, December 19, 2012
I bought one earlier and liked it so much that I bought the second one. I love this handheld ensupra energy monitor. I have tried other electricity monitors like kill a watt and I like the multi line, multi parameter display on the large display. At one time, it gives me watts that my appliance is using and my electricity units used so for. I would like to highly recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Operating Instructions Worthless, September 23, 2013
Operating instructions are worthless No details as to how to set or reset the display.
It does give you a lot of good information BUT You cannot figure out the settings.
Emailed customer service (3) times asked for better instructions NO REPLY
Then asked for a phone# which I cannot find!!!! AGAIN No Reply

3.0 out of 5 stars Kill-a-watt beater!, February 16, 2013
Dsinned (Northern California) - See all my reviews
For the money, the Ensupra is a much better deal. More overall information on the LCD 3 windows high display. Comes with two LR44 button cell batteries to retain internal memory.

Only 3 stars because:

1. Does not have a backlighted display!!!
2. 3 prong plug receptacle on front face is difficult to use.
3. Cannot display more than one electrical parameter, e.g. Voltage and Current at the same time.
4. Accuracy is unspecified.
5. No "down" button.
6. Questionable safety implied as Overload cannot be set less than 3680 watts, which is over 150% of maximum power rating (1800W, 120V, 15A) of the unit.
7. DOES NOT HAVE A BACKLIGHTED DISPLAY!!!
8. DOES NOT HAVE A BACKLIGHTED DISPLAY!!!
9. DOES NOT HAVE A BACKLIGHTED DISPLAY!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ensupra Energy Meter, March 18, 2012
Big size display makes easy reading. It displays and records my kWh consumption. I connected it to my refrigerator to find out the electricity consumption. It also shows the watt that gives me a sense of how efficient my appliances work. Great product. I have also used to see and record my solar panel electric system.Readymade Solar Power Kit- 240Watt Solar Panels (2x120w, UL) with 500Watt Grid Tie Inverter, Prewired and Configured. Do It Yourself (DIY) Solar; UL ; 5-years Panel Warranty
Much better features than Kill A Watt or any other meters available.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's what I want--I think, May 28, 2012
I was looking for something simple I could plug into, to determine power draw for any and all the devices as our local power company alledgedly is the 2nd costliest in our state. The device seems to be well made with easy to read numbers, however, my problem is the instructions seem to be awkwardly translated into English and as I am not an electrician,I am unclear about how to operate the monitor properly. Bottom line: I could be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat gadget, accurate & consistent, same as Aleko, December 6, 2013
I found out that my Samsung 32in LED TV uses 55 watts with the backlight at '20' but only 48 watts at '18' (and the brightness difference is barely noticeable). I found out that my Roku 2 XS uses less than 2 watts, even when streaming HD video. And my Kensington iPhone Dock only uses around 6 watts when it's charging my phone.

On the other hand, I found out that my Emerson 900 watt microwave actually uses more than 1,400 watts. WATT?! Even just the lightbulb inside uses 25 watts. And my Lasko Box Fan's 3 settings use 75, 100, and 130 watts. That seems like a lot. A lot of watts.

Basically, this gadget is fun to play with, easy to use, and doesn't block the bottom outlet of a regular outlet box. What's not to like? However, I also bought an ALEKO Electricity Usage Monitor that costs 20% less... and also appears to be the EXACT same product, just with a different font on the 1-page instruction insert, and no brand name on the front. And the readings it gives are spot-on with the readings of this Ensupra-branded version. Like, they're not just similar, or one is a knock-off of the other. They're the same exact thing.

Well, to be fair, the Ensupra included a glossy advertisement for their solar panel product. No such luxuries with the ALEKO.

As a side note, I posted this same review for each product, and you'll see an "Amazon Verified Purchase" identifier on both to prove that I really do have both versions (and they really are identical).

4.0 out of 5 stars It is worth the money, but check the batteries, September 8, 2013
I installed this to monitor the output of a small grid tie inverted connected to a house outlet. I have 2, 100W solar panels I am playing with (Renogy). I have a DC mA and V meters connected to the output of the paralled solar panels which connect to the grid tie inverter. The DC power generated is about 220W maximum (22V @ 10A). The Ensupra meter shows the AC power generated as HALF of the solar panel DC power (reads 112W).

This is the second meter I tried. The first also read inaccurately, but for different modes. I did try the reset switch and this changed some of the obvious problems, but not all.

How do I know the Ensupra meter is wrong? 1) There is no gross inefficiency in the inverter. This would cause dramatic heat (112 W). 2) The PG&E smart meter measures 140 W with solar panels offline. It shows -80 W when the panels are on line which bears out the DC power generation and minimal loss for AC inversion.

Pro: You can adjust the panel tilt to maximize power generation by looking at the meter.
Disappointment: You can't really tell date and time and how much power was generated. I wanted to see angle of panel vs power generation. Really need the $150 version to get more accurate and wireless statictical data.

See the comment I added. The DC V meter was reading a 5V bias from the inverter input (MPPT) so showed 20V @ 10A. Oops.

5.0 out of 5 stars how much power?, June 2, 2013
I like the Ensupra for the sake of knowing just how much power it takes to run some of the toys we have and i have to say it has trimmed some of the fat off my electric bill. Came in working order, on time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to read the display at certain angles, August 6, 2013
This meter needs a light behind the digital panel. It is very difficult to read and doesn't save the readings when you unplug it.