Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on April 4, 2012
This movie was billed as a horror and thriller, but I really don't see it as either. Without giving away too much of the plot, I think it's better described as a journey of self-discovery. Three people end up in a cabin in the middle of the woods, one after another, due to car trouble or a similar situation. There is very little food and the only the barest of supplies to last through the very cold nights. The acting, especially the two women, was really spot-on and well done. Each characterization came across quite well. It was interesting to watch how everything unfolded as they realized they were each an integral part of one another's way out of there. There is a definite feel of suspense, but not in the traditional horror or thriller sense. It's more to see how everything will play out for each person. I would recommend this for a cerebral flick, but not for someone wanting a mindless horror or fast-action thriller.
22 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2012
I watch movies all the time and have purchased over a 1000 DVD's, but I rarely take the time to write a review. I love suspense movies and even horror if they are not too gory. This movie is really good. Having watched so many suspense movies, I'm rarely surprised, but this one kept my interest and had some great twists. I believe it is an independent film so I'm trying to help out little known movies that are good to reach a larger audience. If you like suspence without the gore, give this film a chance, you will not be disappointed.
on April 22, 2012
My wife and I were looking for a movie last night, I read the reviews on Enter Nowhere they all said it was very good to Excellent I read them decided to watch the movie excellent movie the reason I am writing this is to thank the six that wrote their reviews about the movie and they did not give away the fantastic twist to the movie. Out of six people writing I thought with such a fine movie somebody would have slipped up. If anybody reads this it is one of the few movies right now well worth the 4-5 dollars watch it you will not be dissapointed. Thanks again, Larry Jones
on March 30, 2012
"If we're here and today's the day then we're all about to die." Three strangers all somehow all have accidents around a secluded cabin and try to find a way out. The begin to get more and more confused as they can't agree on what state, or what year they are in. Finding a way out may not be as easy as they hoped. This is a movie that got better the longer it went on. What started off as a run of the mill movie began introducing twists and turns that actually made it pretty enjoyable and had me guessing almost the entire time. I love movies that aren't obvious all the way through and this is not. For a B rate movie this is actually really neat. The only problem with this to me is that parts of the movie were really good while others were so slow I almost lost interest. The good parts did out-way the bad though. This is the kind of movie that makes you want to watch it again to see if you can catch things you missed the first time. Overall, a really neat and different type of movie that had potential to be better. I liked it though. I give it a B.
on May 30, 2012
I thought this movie was going to be predictable and disappointing.But I was wrong it was amazing and I was enthralled by the story and acting.I thought the plot was genius.

I don't want to say too much about it as not to spoil anything.You won't be sorry you rented or bought this film.It's not a horror film nor is it scary or gory,what it is, is a fascinating psychological mystery.If you think you have it figured out You don't.

I loved the ending and I usually hate most endings.
Just think Twilight Zone meets The Outer Limits but much much better..
It's very memorable and you will be thinking about it for quite some time.
on June 1, 2015
For those who ever saw the play/TV version of the 1944 Jean-Paul Sartre existentialist French play NO EXIT, ENTER NOWHERE seems like it could be the positive flip side to the former. After a brief introduction involving a petty robbery and possible murder at a grocery store by two young thieves, the screen turns instantly to black, and we are suddenly transported to an unknown wilderness. We then see a pregnant young lady (Katherine Waterston) wandering aimlessly through a woods who stumbles upon a solitary cabin only to find that someone has been there. Shortly, a young man (Scott Eastwood) appears and it is he who was there earlier. Neither knows how they got to where they are. KW's car ran out of gas and her husband left her to get help. SE's car ran off the road and crashed. Their major effort is to stay warm and find a way out of their current surroundings. Not too long afterwards, another young lady (Sara Paxton) is found half-dead on the ground in front of the cabin by KW. Meanwhile, SE is away trying to siphon gasoline from his vehicle to put into that of KW's. The two young ladies (SP is one from the introductory holdup) don't exactly get along at first. When SE returns (having spilled the gasoline accidentally in a fall), the situation does not improve. Without giving anything away (no "Spoilers" here), the three become perplexed as to where they are and how they got there from where they came; there are strange maps on the inner walls of the cabin; no telephone; only a "ham" radio; no bathroom facilities; and confusion over what year it is. A series of coincidences begin to emerge and the three begin to come to a variety of unusual and baffling conclusions. Their condition worsens and becomes even more complex with the appearance of a fourth individual (Shaun Sipos). Realization upon realization is revealed and a final test to make the most of this new information is placed upon the shoulders of all. Confusion and disbelief have to be overcome as the pace of everything rapidly reaches new heights leading to our story's resolution and finale. This film is a genuine "brain teaser". It most certainly is NOT a horror movie. Nor is it a thriller except for the roller coaster ride it offers to the viewer. All is satisfactorily explained within the contextual theme of this movie; and there are no loopholes left unanswered. The entire cast performed admirably under the directorial baton of Jack Heller and with a minimalistic budget. This is the kind of film that is worth watching more than once!
on April 18, 2014
This movie is a very good example of how movies used to be made. Yes, there is profanity, but there is no sex and the violence is not very bloody. The plot of the movie is 4 people randomly meeting at a desolate cabin in the woods. If this sounds like you've seen this many times before, you are wrong! This film has twists and turns throughout, and will keep you guessing until the end. Just when you think you have figured it out, there's another twist. I can't say much more without ruining the movie for those who haven't seen it. Very good performances by all. ( FYI- That's Clint Eastwood's son and Sam Waterston's daughter.)
on January 13, 2014
I saw the last half of this movie on tv one night so I ordered it to see the whole thing. We watched it as a family and, just as I thought, this film was pretty easy to figure out what was going on, although it was not apparent too early in the plot. The acting was pretty good by a group I had never heard of although they all had famous parents or parent. This was not a horror film or really not even suspenseful. It dealt with the issue of changing the past and making things right and it was done in a thoughtful way that did not leave huge gaps in logic..at least not huge gaps in logic for me. I was pretty happy I bought this and will probably watch it again some time. I do not see 4stars as a stretch.
on November 29, 2014
This film's biggest problem may be that it sounds like a horror film …or even a SLASHER…but actually it turns out to be neither one, but rather a mystery-suspense with a bit of a sci-fi twist. To say too much about the plot is to spoil the plot. Suffice it to say at the opening, we see a couple robbing a gas station-food mart complex and the girl shoots the cashier in the face. Next scene: a woman (no, NOT the same woman) stumbling about in confusion in snowy woods somewhere. She finds a ramshackle cabin and enters. As she’s looking around, a man enters…..no, NOT the male counterpart to the Bonnie and Clyde pair….later, finally, the shooter-girl shows up…and then another guy….then the plot is in full swing, as you try to figure out why all of them are “there” (wherever that is), whether there is some connection between them, and how it will end up. I’d say this movie was fair. It did hold my attention until the end, and it was neither overly-violent nor particularly sexual in content (despite the R rating which I assume is due to the implied killing(s). The plot unfolds at a leisurely pace; about halfway through you start to see the connections just as the characters do; they gradually increase until the end (which, again, can't be described without spoiling the plot)
on April 28, 2014
*** This review may contain spoilers ***

May contain some spoilers :)

I'm not much for perfect analytical reviews, and truth be told I still don't understand every single anomaly of this movie. It was good, kept you wondering throughout (in fact I had to rewind a few cool parts just to hear the dialog again, or see certain parts again to reiterate some stuff in my head).

Three strangers all in their mid to late 20's appear to be lost or stranded and happen mysteriously onto a cabin seemingly in the middle of nowhere. From the get go, things don't make a lot of sense - but that being said, something about the film makes you not want to change the channel and see just exactly what is happening next.

First off - Samantha (Katherine Waterston) will just have you crushing on her as the film goes on. I don't know what it is - maybe it is her soft, laid back, emotionally friendly demeanor - not to mention her conservative but very cute looks, hair, and face. She is a new wife who claims to be pregnant and her husband went off to look for help after their car ran out of gas. She wanders into the cabin after it is apparent her husband never comes back. Later in the film (spoilers), we find out she is from 1962 and was headed to New Hampshire to visit her parents-in-law.

Sarah Paxton annoys me at first but her character grows on you throughout the film, and she comes around to be concerned and passionate. Sarah was a junkie who her and her boyfriend robbed stores and have even killed people. Sarah then wanders onto the cabin after her boyfriend drops her off in the middle of nowhere. We later find out Sarah was from 1985, and she thought she was heading thru the Wisconsin-area while en route to another state.

Scott Eastwood is the late 20's guy who keeps everything together with the teamwork and eventually figures out what is going on and how they all can change their own futures. His acting is very good, solid. We later find out Scott is from the current times (2011), but he is steadfast that he thought he was in South Dakota.

3 different people, all from seemingly different time eras, all believing they are in a specific area different from the other. Later it becomes apparent they were all (in some science fiction or "time travel" realm) brought together to find out they are three generations of family who meet tragic or early endings, and it becomes up to them to become the product of the future, or try to create new endings for themselves. Much of it has to do with HANS (we find out he is Samantha's father, who she presumed died in a bombing strike), the German patriarch of all three of them - who depending on whether he dies or survives the German bombing strike (we then assume this Cabin is somewhere in either in Germany or Poland in the late 30s or early 40's), can change all of their courses of history.

At the very end, its kinda confusing - it seems to take place in the mid to late 80s. We don't really know what happens to Scott (or if he is eventually born in the mid 80's. Assuming both Samantha and Sarah survive, perhaps Scott is indeed born but may turn out slightly different), and it seems Sarah in this dimension has her life turned around (she originally was supposed to die by execution for all of the murders), and both her and Samantha (her mother, who originally was supposed to die giving birth to Sarah in late 1962) assumably survive and do not die young like their original fate was.

The movie concludes with "some other girl" robbing the gas station with Sara's boyfriend, so we assume she then will be part of the paradox and transported to the 'cabin scenario" to perhaps put her thru that hell to eventually turn her life around. This mysterious gas station (based on what the clerk says at the beginning, and also the very last lines of the film) is a big key to the movie - almost like a 'portal' to some other dimension and this is how these three main people came to all be together - from different eras and areas of the country - for one main purpose.

One thing that is never explained (unless I missed it) is how Samantha and Scott are brought into the 'paradox.' We only see the parable of the movie from how Sara Paxton is brought into the paradox. Maybe it just doesn't matter.

The movie can be a bit confusing, but is enjoyable, and will probably make more sense than this review (again though, the movie is rooted in science fiction or fictitious drama). Give it a try. Samantha's character is so beautiful, too.