The Mary Tyler Moore Show 7 Seasons 1972
Amazon Instant Video
1. The Good-Time News Both Lou and Ted are unhappy about the upbeat "happy news" format Mary has been assigned to develop for the "Six O'Clock News."
2. What is Mary Richards Really Like? A local newspaper columnist, who Lou is convinced loves to destroy people's reputations, interviews Mary about being the only woman in the newsroom at WJM.
3. Who's in Charge Here? Lou's promotion to program manager leaves Murray in charge of the newsroom, a task which (it is quickly apparent!) he is totally unqualified to handle.
4. Enter Rhoda's Parents Rhoda is shocked when her parents arrive for a visit and her mother reveals that she's convinced her husband is seeing another woman.
5. It's Whether You Win or Lose When Lou is kept from joining his poker pals in Las Vegas, he insists Mary set up a poker game at work--much to the dismay of ex-compulsive gambler Murray.
6. Rhoda the Beautiful Even though she's lost 20 pounds, Rhoda still feels fat and hopeless, but then Hempel's Department Store invites her to enter a beauty contest.
7. Just Around the Corner When Mary's parents move into a new house just around the corner from her apartment and then start planning her social schedule, Mary turns to Rhoda for advice.
8. But Seriously, Folks Mary tries to help out when the station's "Chuckles the Clown" writer quits his job in order to fulfill his lifelong ambition of performing as a stand-up comedian.
9. Farmer Ted and the News Lou realizes he's made a big mistake after he signs a new contract that allows Ted to earn extra money appearing in TV commercials on several local television stations.
10. Have I Found a Guy For You If Mary is crushed when she learns the marriage of her long-time friends is coming to an end, she's stunned when she realizes the husband wants to start dating her after the divorce.
11. You've Got a Friend Mary's father is having trouble adjusting to his new life in the city because he misses his old buddies, so Mary invites him to lunch with her and Lou Grant.
12. It Was a Fascination, I Know Mary suddenly finds herself in the uncomfortable position of being the "other woman" after Phyllis's daughter's 15-year old boyfriend develops a crush on her.
13. Operation: Lou Mary's put in charge after Lou goes to have surgery to remove some World War II shrapnel, a move which causes a different kind of war to break out in the newsroom.
14. Rhoda Morgenstern: Minneapolis to New York Mary is devastated when Rhoda returns from a vacation in New York and announces she's accepted a job and will be leaving Minneapolis for the Big Apple.
15. The Courtship of Mary's Father's Daughter Mary once again finds herself cast in the role of the "other woman" when an ex-boyfriend invites her to his engagement party--much to the dismay of his new fiancée.
16. Lou's Place Lou achieves a lifelong dream when he becomes the owner of his favorite bar, but he quickly realizes he just doesn't have what it takes to keep the customers coming back for more.
17. My Brother's Keeper Phyllis schemes to have her brother fall in love and get married to Mary, but her plans go awry when her brother falls for Rhoda instead.
18. The Georgette Story Mary and Rhoda decide it's time they have a heart-to-heart talk with Georgette, since it appears that Ted is taking his new girlfriend way too much for granted.
19. Romeo and Mary Rhoda's boyfriend finds the perfect guy for Mary, but unfortunately the guy is a bit overzealous in his intent to marry Mary and won't take no for an answer.
20. What Do You Do When the Boss Says, "I Love You"? Lou Grant realizes he's in over his head when the new boss at the radio station turns out to be a woman--who promptly falls in love with him.
21. Murray Faces Life Murray sinks into a deep depression and feels life has totally passed him by after he learns that a former writing classmate has won a Pulitzer Prize for journalism.
22. Rememberance of Thing's Past Against her better judgment, Mary gets drawn back into a romantic affair when an ex-boyfriend who broke her heart returns to Minneapolis.
23. Put on a Happy Face Once Mary gets nominated for a Teddy Award everything starts going disastrously wrong for her at work?and at the awards dinner.
24. Mary Richards and the Incredible Plant Lady Mary and Rhoda's friendship is strained after Rhoda borrows money to set up her new plant store and then doesn't pay Mary back.
|Starring||Mary Tyler Moore, Edward Asner|
|Supporting actors||Valerie Harper, Gavin MacLeod, Nancy Walker, Harold Gould, James L. Brooks|
|Producers||James L. Brooks, Allan Burns, Lionel A. Ephraim, Ed. Weinberger, Michael Zinberg|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
this was the first season i bought since i read it was a good one. It was excellent. Laugh out loud funny! I love these characters! I am going to buy all the seasons.Published 6 days ago by Ranita5valle
Love this show. The show's supporting actors are so vivid they make the show what it is. This whole series truly keeps me laughing the way Seinfeld did.Published 3 months ago by Masaka
I love MTM! Even after all these years the stories and writing still hold up. Glad I picked this one up. Next stop, Season 4!Published 3 months ago by Temple Lathrop
The MTM show will always be my all-time favorite. It is timeless - a classic! And the third season was one of the best... Thanks, Mar.Published 4 months ago by C. Clark
One of the BEST of MTM show. A MUST for fans. Hilarious all the way through. It's so great o see Mary falling apart! lol She's always so in control of every situation. Love it.Published 9 months ago by Skyeleo