From the Back Cover
This book discusses factors and opinions developers should consider in order to create higher quality designs and applications. The author uses one large-scale business application throughout the book as the basis for all examples to clearly illustrate concepts being discussed.
Coverage also includes:
* a variety of aspects about design in the world of .NET;
* explanations of the business and data access layers of application design;
* solutions for problems such as code structure, solid error trapping, and how to build in debugging support;
* discussion of how to design larger projects with more robust systems and reusable components;
* comparison of component solutions to stored procedure solutions.
About the Author
Jimmy Nilsson is the owner of the Swedish consulting company JNSK AB. He has been working with system development for 13 years (with VB since version 1.0) and, in recent years, he has specialized in component-based development, mostly in the Microsoft environment. He has also been developing and presenting courses in database design, object-oriented design, and so on at a Swedish university for six years. Jimmy is a frequent speaker at Fawcette and Wrox Conferences and has written numerous technical articles. Even so, he considers himself to be mainly a developer.