From the Back Cover
Enterprise Java Programming with IBM WebSphere, Second Editionby Kyle Brown, Gary Craig, Greg Hester, Russell Stinehour, W. David Pitt, Mark Weitzel, JimAmsden, Peter M. Jakab, Daniel BergForeword by Martin Fowler
Enterprise Java Programming with IBM WebSphere, Second Edition is the definitive guide tobuilding mission-critical enterprise systems with J2EE, WebSphere, and WebSphere StudioApplication Developer. Fully updated for Versions 5.x of WebSphere Application Server andWebSphere Studio Application Developer, it combines expert architectural best practices with acase study that walks you through constructing an entire system.
The authors are an extraordinary team of WebSphere insiders: developers, consultants,instructors, and IBM WebSphere development team members. Together, they offer unprecedentedinsight into the use and behavior of WebSphere's APIs in real-world environmentsandsystematic guidance for delivering systems of exceptional performance, robustness, and businessvalue.
- Practical introductions to J2EE, WebSphere Application Server 5.0, and Web application architecture
- Detailed coverage of Web application construction, including MVC partitioning with Struts, servlets/JSP, and session management
- Step-by-step guidance for building and testing application business models, including JUnit testing
- In-depth insight into EJB architecture, including transactions, security, and advanced object relational mapping
- Web services: examples and best practices leveraging WebSphere Application Server 5.x's latest enhancements
The CD-ROMs contain trial copies of IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer (Version 5.0.2),IBM WebSphere Application Server (Version 5.02), and DB2 Universal Database, Personal Edition(Version 8.1.2) for Microsoft Windows 2000/XP. The CD-ROMs also include source code for thecase study examples used in the book.
About the Author
About the AuthorsKYLE BROWN is Senior Technical Staff Member for the IBM Software Services for WebSphere Group.DR. GARY CRAIG, President of Superlative Software Solutions, has co-authored several books onEnterprise Java. GREG HESTER is CTO of CrossLogic. RUSSELL STINEHOUR is CEO of CrossLogic andW. DAVID PITT is Principal Consultant at CrossLogic. MARK WEITZEL is a Senior Software Engineerand Web services specialist with IBM Software Group. JIM AMSDEN is a Senior Software Engineerin IBM Software Group specializing in Model Driven Development. PETER M. JAKAB, President ofObjectSpheres Software Solutions, consults and mentors on IBM WebSphere products. DANIEL BERGis Senior Software Engineer, J2EE Tools Team Lead, at IBM Research, Triangle Park Lab.