5.0 out of 5 stars Great price but be careful
Can't beat the $10/year price...but buyer beware... at the end of the year they will automatically charge your credit card for their full subscription price $100+. Best to log on to your Entertainment Weekly account and cancel the auto-renew.
Published on April 2, 2010 by Harold H. Haynes Jr.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just buying out of habit
I've been a subscriber since 1993, and I have kept every issue. Not sure why. Oh yes. It allows me to contrast the magazine's "classic" period with its current period - and it's not pretty. It's largely a fawning journal for fanboys. Maybe that's a reflection of the comicbook-driven decline of theatrical releases. Gone are the insightful stories. Now it's all...
Published 22 months ago by Dean

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price but be careful, April 2, 2010
This review is from: Entertainment Weekly (1-year auto-renewal) (Magazine)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very clever, upbeat, savvy writers. Something good for everyone., May 20, 2009
This review is from: Entertainment Weekly (Magazine)
Entertainment Weekly (1 year)

Going into my 5th subscription year, I'm not an audiophile, not a TV junkie, not a movie nut, not a Hollywood sycophant AT ALL. But my wife and I read a lot. EW is always received enthusiastically every Friday.
It is some of the best quality writing to keep you amused and interested as well as in touch with the rest of the entertainment world. It's hip!....and that's from a 65-year-old-f**t. We get a heads-up on the best of the most recent fiction and non-fiction as well. We also get good film reviews and a comparison with critical opinions nation-wide. I subscribe to five quality magazines but always grab EW first. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for everyone!, March 4, 2010
This review is from: Entertainment Weekly (1-year auto-renewal) (Magazine)
Yes, it's true that some articles won't interest you. There's been a ton of writing on Twilight that I don't really care about, but a lot of people do! They can't please everyone 100% of the time. Now in exchange for my patience I will receive a ton of writing on Lost--whoohoo! It's a great magazine, fun and interesting and smart. Gives you info without trashy gossip. Keeps you informed about all the latest books, music, movies, DVDs, TV, etc. The perfect mix of good articles and photos. I got my first subscription years ago and can't imagine going without it. Great price on Amazon! I feel bad for the people that pay more without realizing.

5.0 out of 5 stars RENEWING TIP, April 4, 2012
If you already have an EW subscription and want to renew through Amazon follow these steps to link your current EW subscription to Amazon. Go to the Amazon Subscription Center and click on "Add Magazine". Fill in your account number from the address label on your magazine and the expiration date. Your info should appear. Then you can renew and Amazon will provide the publisher with your subscription account information so the new issues add on to your current remaining subscription rather than duplicate it.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Around Good, June 28, 2011
This review is from: Entertainment Weekly (1-year auto-renewal) (Magazine)
What I like about this magazine is that it doesn't just cover popular cutlture and the latest fads. You get insights from insiders, book reviews--and not just the latest Tween stuff/ There are tv show movie, reveiws, articles =on all areas of entertainment. I bemoaned the loss of Premier magazine some time ago, this fits in nicely between that and the TV Guide magazine--also availble here for subscription. Worth the money definitely!Entertainment Weekly (1-year auto-renewal)

5.0 out of 5 stars Subscription went Quick and very Smooth at a Good Price, September 25, 2011
I was a little leary about renewing a subscription online fearing my renewal would overlap with my remaining subscription, but it worked very well and quickly. Within 4 weeks the cover on my EW magazine reflected the renewal and the price was very good also.

As far as the Magazine itself, I enjoy keeping up with all that's happening in the entertainment industry on a weekly basis and will continue to subscribe to EW.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply the best and CHEAPEST entertainment magazine out there., March 26, 2010
JahWoo "Jah" (Tacoma, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Entertainment Weekly (1-year auto-renewal) (Magazine)
I've had subscriptions multiple times. Each time has been enjoyable. This is quite simply the best AND cheapest entertainment magazine to subscribe to out there (especially considering there are a ton of ways to get free or reduced subscriptions out there). The reviews on occasion are off base but for the most part are pretty spot on. Snarky, self depreciating, sometimes overly self indulgent articles are the code of the day here. They will occasionally give to much love to some people, movies, items, books, music, and whatever else you can think of BUT the lame is outweighed by the not lame.

So long point short; IF you care about all things entertainment related in the usa and feel the need to get a magazine about it...this IS the best; the only cons i can think of are that every issue isn't always a winner and a lot of what they cover you can easily find free somewhere online...but than for most people a magazine is more convenient for picking up and reading than their computer :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Live Without It!, June 14, 2011
Nolagirl (Nashville, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Entertainment Weekly (1-year auto-renewal) (Magazine)
I have been an EW subscriber for almost ten years now, and I can't imagine my life without it! (Okay, so maybe that's dramatic, but it does put a little smile on my face every time I check the mailbox and there's a new issue waiting for me.) Sure, there may be articles that won't be interesting to you personally. There may be reviews of movies, TV shows, music, books, theater that you might not agree with. Just don't read them! However, I've found that the articles tend to be extremely well-written, the reviews insightful, and the extras (Bullseye, Top Ten Lists, etc.) are guaranteed to make you grin. If you like any of the following: celebrities, books, movies, music, TV, humor, or fun--you will enjoy receiving this.
One of the best things about EW is that they are usually on top of the latest trends in pop culture. Just a few of the things that Entertainment Weekly loved before they became popular: LOST, True Blood, the Hunger Games, Twilight, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and The Wire. Being a dedicated EW reader means you get the chance to recommend great stuff to other people you know will appreciate it.

This is also one of the best deals around. For ten or fifteen dollars, you get 53 issues of the magazine (Some of these are double issues, but still). If you assume a ten dollar subscription, that's only fifty-three cents per issue! Think of it this way--for the price of two magazines bought hastily in an airport, you get a weekly take on all things popular culture. I have bought subscriptions for a number of friends and family members, and they all say the same thing--THANK YOU.
Some others have mentioned that if you choose auto-renewal, they will automatically bill you for the full amount of the subscription price. In my case, this simply is not true. I have been an auto-renewal subscriber for a few years now, and I always get a card in the mail a couple of months before my subscription is up, telling me that they can renew my subscription for ten dollars or cancel. So, you will probably still be able to get the same price, and you will definitely receive multiple notices before they charge you.

I love this magazine. Love it. And I really think you will too.

5.0 out of 5 stars slimmer than it used to be, but still an invaluable source of entertainment info, September 13, 2013
This review is from: Entertainment Weekly (1-year auto-renewal) (Magazine)
I've been reading Entertainment Weekly for about twenty years now, and although it's gone through a lot of changes, it's basically still my favorite magazine to receive and to read. It's a sort of a good mix of pop culture *plus* a teeny, tiny bit of gossip, but the *"interesting" kind, meaning- you won't find out about Snooki's latest drama, but you will get the scoop on how a much anticipated Hollywood franchise might be headed for trouble.

The best thing about EW is their coverage of upcoming movies, books, television, music, and stage, plus interesting articles on the business of entertainment- everything from in depth coverage of TV shows to an inside look at a much anticipated film to long interviews with directors, etc.

The only thing I don't like about the magazine is that it's starting to get very web and tablet focused- meaning, the content of the magazine is slowly getting leaner and leaner, and on every other page there's a reminder to check the EW website or iPad edition for the rest of the features. I'm not happy about this- I really like it when they had about six or eight pages of movie reviews. I'm not happy that now it's four pages of movie reviews, and two of those pages are tiny "one sentence" reviews and charts. It's the same for books and television and other media, as well.

Regardless, I still eagerly dive into every issue that pops into my mailbox, and out of all the magazines I start and drop subscriptions to, this is the only one I really consider "necessary". I love that I know about every movie, television show, and CD before they even get released.

4.0 out of 5 stars Skewing younger but still a good source of information, March 19, 2013
Want to know what's good ontV or inthe movies? This is a good source of current info. Sadly, like the movies themselves, the features are getting more youth oriented and kinda dopey. Andif you're over 20 you can skip the msuic section. But movie, TV and book reviews are generally pretty good. I wish they would go back to the days when theatre got a fair representation but perhaps I am alone in that.

Entertainment Weekly (1-year auto-renewal)
Entertainment Weekly (1-year auto-renewal) by Entertainment Weekly, Inc.
$259.48 $30.00