Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Subscription Length: 1 year auto-renewal|Change
Price:$24.00+ Free shipping

on April 2, 2010
Can't beat the $10/year price...but buyer beware... at the end of the year they will automatically charge your credit card for their full subscription price $100+. Best to log on to your Entertainment Weekly account and cancel the auto-renew.
88 comments| 190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2012
If you already have an EW subscription and want to renew through Amazon follow these steps to link your current EW subscription to Amazon. Go to the Amazon Subscription Center and click on "Add Magazine". Fill in your account number from the address label on your magazine and the expiration date. Your info should appear. Then you can renew and Amazon will provide the publisher with your subscription account information so the new issues add on to your current remaining subscription rather than duplicate it.
22 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2015
After subscribing to this magazine for twenty years, I think I have finally outgrown it. As another reviewer said, they have replaced most of their seasoned editorial staff and writers with much younger millenials who don't seem to have the same wit, humor, and knowledge about what they are writing or reviewing. This magazine used to offer more obscure choices in books, movies, music, television, but now it seems every other issue is about the new mega-million comic book movie and the same old tired mainstream things you see in all the other magazines. Sorry, I don't care about reading more about Katy Perry or Beyoncé. Maybe I'm just getting old. Either way, sad I won't be renewing after all this time. I miss the magazine it used to be.
44 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2009
Entertainment Weekly (1 year)

Going into my 5th subscription year, I'm not an audiophile, not a TV junkie, not a movie nut, not a Hollywood sycophant AT ALL. But my wife and I read a lot. EW is always received enthusiastically every Friday.
It is some of the best quality writing to keep you amused and interested as well as in touch with the rest of the entertainment world. It's hip!....and that's from a 65-year-old-f**t. We get a heads-up on the best of the most recent fiction and non-fiction as well. We also get good film reviews and a comparison with critical opinions nation-wide. I subscribe to five quality magazines but always grab EW first. Enjoy.
VINE VOICEon December 10, 2014
The editorial direction has changed recently. They fired all the senior writers. They write "articles" about new movies and TV shows and not so much reviews. I guess they don't want to lose any advertisers by writing TV show reviews now. Instead of the best shows to watch on TV that week, they have thrown in all the movies and books and music coming out in the same calendar, and I don't want all that. I hate that "quote" page up in the front because the quotes are terrible, not memorable, not even meaningful.
on March 4, 2010
Yes, it's true that some articles won't interest you. There's been a ton of writing on Twilight that I don't really care about, but a lot of people do! They can't please everyone 100% of the time. Now in exchange for my patience I will receive a ton of writing on Lost--whoohoo! It's a great magazine, fun and interesting and smart. Gives you info without trashy gossip. Keeps you informed about all the latest books, music, movies, DVDs, TV, etc. The perfect mix of good articles and photos. I got my first subscription years ago and can't imagine going without it. Great price on Amazon! I feel bad for the people that pay more without realizing.
on March 8, 2015
This magazine has been going downhill pretty fast in the last year or two.

I have been a subscriber since 2010, after the rest of my Premiere subscription was replaced with EW. I remember the times when I looked forward to reading it, when I spent 30-60 minutes on an issue, when the valuable information (I am a movie buff, and I don't watch TV or listen to pop music) was at least 50%, when I chose the DVDs in my Netflix movie queue based on their EW score. These guys used to be that good. Not anymore.

Nowadays it's just another piece of pop garbage. My subscription ended in February, but they sent me a courtesy issue, which I have just finished reading... in the usual under 10 minutes. Jack of all trades, master of none. Full of gossip-level amateurish material. They are simply irrelevant for this generation X-er. If they continue the current trend, I foresee a fast fall into oblivion.
on February 23, 2013
I've been a subscriber since 1993, and I have kept every issue. Not sure why. Oh yes. It allows me to contrast the magazine's "classic" period with its current period - and it's not pretty. It's largely a fawning journal for fanboys. Maybe that's a reflection of the comicbook-driven decline of theatrical releases. Gone are the insightful stories. Now it's all "ironic" hipster-doofus commentary. The music section has largely disappeared, again likely a reflection of the industry's decline. I renewed my subscription for my wife's benefit.
VINE VOICEon April 29, 2014
The best thing about EW was the movie review section, headed up by the great film critic Owen Gleiberman. It was bad enough with Lisa Schwarzbaum quit a while back. That was a big blow to the magazine, because she was a great critic too. But now that have unceremoniously canned Gleiberman and that is just unacceptable. Nothing against Chris Nashawaty, who seems to be a solid film writer. But I can't believe they got rid of the man most synonymous with the magazine for decades. Time to cancel the subscription I've head since the early '90s. What a shame.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 13, 2013
I've been reading Entertainment Weekly for about twenty years now, and although it's gone through a lot of changes, it's basically still my favorite magazine to receive and to read. It's a sort of a good mix of pop culture *plus* a teeny, tiny bit of gossip, but the *"interesting" kind, meaning- you won't find out about Snooki's latest drama, but you will get the scoop on how a much anticipated Hollywood franchise might be headed for trouble.

The best thing about EW is their coverage of upcoming movies, books, television, music, and stage, plus interesting articles on the business of entertainment- everything from in depth coverage of TV shows to an inside look at a much anticipated film to long interviews with directors, etc.

The only thing I don't like about the magazine is that it's starting to get very web and tablet focused- meaning, the content of the magazine is slowly getting leaner and leaner, and on every other page there's a reminder to check the EW website or iPad edition for the rest of the features. I'm not happy about this- I really like it when they had about six or eight pages of movie reviews. I'm not happy that now it's four pages of movie reviews, and two of those pages are tiny "one sentence" reviews and charts. It's the same for books and television and other media, as well.

Regardless, I still eagerly dive into every issue that pops into my mailbox, and out of all the magazines I start and drop subscriptions to, this is the only one I really consider "necessary". I love that I know about every movie, television show, and CD before they even get released.