5.0 out of 5 stars A thoughtful & detailed account of entreprenurial success
Published on January 28, 2003 by King Sen

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not receive it
Until today, I have not received the product. I regret the fact that this is taking so long. I hope that it will arrive eventually although I do not believe it at this moment in time. I am not going to pay for an item that they are not sending. If I receive it next week, I will draw back these words....
Published on April 4, 2007 by H. R. Van Riemsdijk

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoughtful & detailed account of entreprenurial success, January 28, 2003
This review is from: Entrepreneurship in Africa: A Study of Successes (Hardcover)
Entrepreneurship in Africa: A Study of Successes provides a well documented geo-demographic case study of entrepreneurs, their business strategies and unprecedented success, despite the economic, political and social shortfalls facing contemporary Africa. This book is also about change and provides suggestions as to how Africa might better foster future entrepreneurial pursuits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entrepreneurship in Africa: A Study of Success, February 13, 2003
Smart P. Baitani (Golden Valley, MN United States) - See all my reviews
An excellent account on emerging Africa's business environment. The author has objectively revealed to us the other sweet side of the story from Africa.
"Entrepreneurship in Africa: A Study of Success" has opened an entirely new way of thinking about Africa's business culture and the continent's potential as a whole.
My admirations of the book are based on the facts that, the author, not only vindicates the opportunities based on geopolitical, social or economic findings, but also and more so, the cultural creativity and emotional intelligences among individuals in the business/entrepreneurship circles.
"Entrepreneurship in Africa: A Study of Success" is a manual to whoever is considering business ventures in Africa. It provides the wide range of issues, politics, history and culture in a prolific manner to enable investors wether already operating in Africa or planning to explore market to make an updated informed decision.
The holistic approach deployed by the author was particularly an added beam of bright rays in the picture of the continent. I found this even more important: The author reveals the successes behind these entrepreneurs are fundamentally founded on authetic and ethical principles of business strategy. As I read, I found such discipline charged their consistent, vision and focus.
As a young entrepreneur and a student of emerging global market, I have found "Entrepreneurship in Africa: A Study of Success" an essential reference right next my desk.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Study of Successes, April 24, 2004
emeka okafor (new york, NY USA) - See all my reviews
".. A study of Successes" grand sweep of the African entrepreneurial scene provides insight to an aspect of the continent that is more or less absent from popular commentary. Dave Fick's study, cataloging entrepreneurs and their enterprises is important for a number of reasons; these include its focus on the atypical African businessperson that lends their success to virtues of resourcefulness, imagination, ingenuity, tenacity and creativity. The latent inherent mercantilism and entrepreneurship that is just beginning to re-flower has lain dormant for reasons that have been tediously discussed, the continents New African's are just starting from were their pre-colonial forbearers left off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not receive it, April 4, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book by the Best Guy, October 28, 2003
The book seems to be a great source of knowledge. Though I have not gone through it but the topic and the contents do sound great and would be on the bet sellers list soon. Great job done Mr.David. Keep up the good job and waiting for some more from you soon............... Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Entrepreneurship in Africa: A Study of Successes
Entrepreneurship in Africa: A Study of Successes by David S. Fick (Hardcover - March 30, 2002)
$105.00 $99.75