Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Work Environment, how does it handle background noises, i.e. listening to music, watching TV while dictating? planning on using a Logitech mike
asked by Amazon Customer on March 6, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Have not used it at work. At home, can have TV on in background and some conversation from others in the house without significant interference.
gwen marder answered on March 6, 2013
Comment (1) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Use it with TV on and no significant interference.
gwen marder answered on March 6, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Sufficient ambient noise will confuse any speech recognition system. I have not found DNS 12 particularly susceptible to external noise ... however you need a good directional microphone. The one that came in the box with the product works well. The mike is a standard connection (not USB). I would recommend staying away from USB or Bluetooth for DNS. For the record I run DNS on Win7 x64 with 8GB RAM, quad-core Intel chip and dual Samsung 128GB SSDs configured for RAID-0.
jpseattle answered on March 9, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have used in office with no problems.
JBSpartan07 answered on March 6, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The software handles it nicely...BUT the computer never understands...This is a don't do DNS with any background noise, it won't work!
Ray answered on March 6, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I record on my laptop using its built in microphone while the laptop plays music from its built in speaker (speakers?) and the open windows have occasional noisy traffic. The problems I have with it do not seem to be related to ambient noise.
Timoleon answered on April 24, 2014

A
Does Dragon talk back to the user all typed text? For example a Microsoft Word document.
Humberto Rodriguez answered on May 26, 2014

A
Whether it was Tv in background or just its habit of getting bored with same words, it just got crankier and not liking basic words it hadn't had oroblem with before. Even to not even bringing them up in correct, making have to spell the words out each time.
No different in this problem then ladt time I used Dragon 9 years ago.
review answered on August 11, 2014

A
Had problems with tv on full volume but not sure that problem was different once tv off - got worse and worse on recognizing same word til wouldn't bring it up in correction box even. Has to spell it out each time. Training words is DEFINITELY WORSE than Dragon version I used 9 years ago. Back than it gave you ability to train it to tell difference between word it preferred and word you wanted, now it doesn't. So useless if it likes a word better than the one you want it to recognize.
review answered on August 11, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product