Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 8, 2015
I used this book for my Environmental Science class for college. The book is very well organized and I learned alot from it. It's not loaded with technical terms and was easy to understand. Very beneficial. Perfect for college or for someone who would like to learn more about the Earth, what we are doing to it and how we can protect it.
on April 27, 2016
I ordered this book for a college course I was taking. It has a ton of really interesting concepts and the authors strive to make the textbook both user friendly and informational. The way the book is written was also very easy to read and had stories that I could relate with to really drive the concepts home. I enjoyed this class so much that I convinced a friend to sign up for it too and sold my book to her the following quarter.
on July 1, 2013
I'm glad that I only rented this book. It did arrive on time and looked brand new. There is no dictionary in it so if you need a better understanding of a word keep your computer on. And the glossary is pretty useless when trying to find some sections of the book. And if you have a heavy class load and enjoy reading ALOT then this book is for you. Because they crammed a whole bunch of information in it. Most chapters are 30 pages or better...with small type. I do have to admit that the photography in the book is nicely done.

Amazon Kudos to you....the book not so much.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2013
I was looking for a book for my online class and didn't want to pay too much for something I needed for only 8 weeks. This book is exactly what I needed and it came in really good shape and came before I expected it!
on August 29, 2013
I was searching high and low for ISBN 978-0073383279. I finally found it when I opened up Chrome to Amazon and searched for it. If you're looking for this as a required book congratulations you're probably in the right spot.
on February 7, 2013
I bought this book for a class and I'm not really an environmental science enthusiast, so I just thought the book was okay. It wasn't terribly boring or interesting. The shipping was fast, so I compromised and gave it 4 stars.
on January 23, 2013
This book is good for my class I'm taking. I got it for a cheap price then buying it from the book store. It's just like the paperbook and I'm glad I got it on my kindle instead of holding a heavy book everyday.
on August 21, 2013
Very helpful for my Environmental Science 100 class. Includes many pictures, diagrams, illustrations, articles and from the detailed to overall information upon environmental science.
on January 12, 2014
The course I took required the 12th edition, but some of the questions on assignments, quizes, and exams were on information from this previous edition, so it came in handy.
on January 29, 2015
Really interesting with a lot of pertinent facts. It also has some really great pictures. I learned a lot from this book and enjoyed doing it.