Top positive review
14 people found this helpful
worth the price
on March 3, 2014
I have definitely received compliments while wearing these boots. They are nice, simple, easy to pair with outfits without being over the top. The leather-ish material looks real and definitely doesn't look shoddy.
- I didn't realize before buying that the zippers are on the outsides of the shoe, not insides. This looks nice as an element just to break up the shoe, but if you like to cross your legs when you sit, it will not only dig into your knees, but I'm sure it also wears down on the zipper. I have taken to unzipping the books partway when I'm sitting for a long period.
- it has had about a 50/50 success rate for me of keeping snow/water/etc out of my boot
- definitely needed to be broken in a bit, felt very firm on the top of my foot especially in the beginning. If you plan on being walking around all day (6 hours straight) they won't be the comfiest either, but then, what shoe will? For casual use they will do you really well. Other commenters are right though about the lack of complete arch support, and I didn't find there to be a whole lot of room to add any.
- I'm 5'7 and I really liked the height of the boots on me, but they were definitely really close to my knees - they may not be the right boots for shorter ladies.
- liked the width of the boot around my legs, which aren't super skinny but aren't super big either (i weigh between 135-140). but the width around my ankles is kind of strange/baggy?
If I had tried these boots on at a store, I probably wouldn't have bought them. There are a lot of little things (that I mentioned above) that would have turned me off. But in reality, they have turned out pretty nice. People compliment me frequently, and they're versatile. They work in both business casual and just casual settings. It's easy to forget all of those things when these boots make such a nice staple, and look much more expensive than they are. If you can get them for under $90, there's no question.