5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, Exciting, Entertaining...
Published on February 29, 2012 by Amber Cisney

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but I have a problem....
Published on May 10, 2012 by Zor

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, Exciting, Entertaining..., February 29, 2012
Amber Cisney (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ep.#2 - "The Rings of Haven" (The Frontiers Saga) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book and the first in the series, Aurora CV-01. It's fast moving and entertaining. I noticed a few reviewers complained there isn't enough character development or backstory. I don't agree. There is enough information to understand the plot and the characters' actions. Each volume seems to add a little more of the backstory. I think this preferable to authors who insert pages of the same recycled prose detailing each characters full history in every book. After the second book I only skim those sections anyway.
I do admit to being curious about some of the characters' histories and issues like the bio-digital plague, but I am content to learn more in the upcoming books.
I'm looking forward to the next in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read..., February 24, 2012
This is a pretty good story. It kept me enthralled until the end. While good, there are some "issues" with the story. Like others have mentioned, there is very little character development for the main cast of characters, other than the main character. There are a few minor grammatical errors; something that could be fixed w/ more proof-reading (but surprisingly, not as bad as a lot of the independently published material out there). My biggest complaint is a serious lack of a backdrop to the series. Who are the Jung (I'm assuming they're humans...assumingly they're chinese/japanese/korean)? What was the bio-digital plague? How/why did it start? We know more about the Ta'Akar/rebel war than we do about the one that's supposedly about to befall Earth. I'll be honest, when I read the first book, I seriously thought it was the second book of the series due to the lack of a explanatory backdrop to the series. Aside from those issues, I'm looking forward to the next book in the series to come out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but I have a problem...., May 10, 2012
Like my 4 star review of book 1 of the Saga this was a quick, enjoyable read, except for one glaring problem of logic that kept annoying me throughout the whole book. I am used to suspending belief for many of the scientific aspects of a good sci fi book, but I took this down another star because an aspect that made no sense to me. They were supposed to pay their way by harvesting the rings. They hired a crew which came with their own harvester ship and cargo ships. These workers used their own ships, did all the work, transported the harvested rocks back down to the planet, sold the harvest, and paid everyone off. What did they need the Aurora for. They used it as a platform for some of the sorting. Not exactly a big part of the job. If anything the hired crew might have paid the Aurora a small rental fee the use of their cargo bay for a few hours because it was easier to sort there than in their own cargo ships. I realize the author needed to find a way for the Aurora to get repairs and supplies, but this solution was ridiculous. The hired crew uses its own ships, does all the work, transports the goods to the buyers, collects the money, and then is supposed to pay you a big part of it - for what. But it was a fun read anyway.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too fast?, February 17, 2012
After I read the first book (which I also gave 3 stars) I figured I had to read the second to see if I was being unfair, or if it was building towards something better. The story IS building, but too fast. The best way to describe it for me is "it's like watching a movie while holding down the fast forward button". So far there is really no backstories on any of the characters except the main one. And that was brief at best. No backstory on the situations they are finding themselves in, just go, go, go. This could be absolutely GREAT with just a little more detail.There really are some great characters, and I really like where the story has been, and seems to be going, I guess I just like to know more. Just my VERY humble opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story beginning, April 2, 2012
Amazon Customer (Juab County, Utah, USA) - See all my reviews
I have been reading Sci-Fi since the mid 1950's. This is a great beginning to a excellent story. I have read the first three books and am anxiously waiting for the next installment. I also love the idea of an opening episode and then continuing episodes. Takes me back to the years of pulp and the weekly movie serials. This however, being the written form, is much more entertaining and allows for more content and character development. Great start.

3.0 out of 5 stars Caution!, December 30, 2012
This is a tiny (2 or 3 chapter) part of a series. Learning from countless TV shows where obviously morally-bankrupt pushers turn completely innocent schoolchildren on to drugs by giving them a single free sample, Amazon offers the first "episode" free and then charges you $2.99 per installment – and there are at least 5 installments. Fiendish.
At the end of the second episode, i have concluded that the series is basically Star Trek Voyager meets Star Wars. The engineer isn't Scottish he's Russian so that makes it all better, right? Very pulp - but it doesn't really pretend to be anything else so if you're interested in that kind of schlock have at it.
<sighs>
Obviously I am, so just don't say I didn't warn you. (and yes, I know the publishing industry came up with the serialization scheme originally but I don't think the neo-geeks at Amazon have any historical background other than TV their Moms shouldn't have let them watch)

2.0 out of 5 stars First Book Great; Second Not So Much, July 24, 2014
Nekkosan (Northern California) - See all my reviews
Enjoyed the first book but not so much this one, and will not be purchasing any more in the series. Leading characters are just too naÔve to believe, and our hero spends way too much time with his girlfriend, which would NOT be tolerated in the real world. Sorry - really wanted to like but found "blah" the best adjective. And the print, editing, and even the cover are definite signs of self-publishing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun and an easy read..., March 7, 2012
This book is the second book in the Frontiers Saga and it didn't disappoint. Great people and it was a fun read. The storyline is an aged one... Young officer finds himself suddenly the Captain and must keep everyone alive. There is reason this is a popular story line... It allows the reader to see someone grow into their potential, make mistakes and not be perfect... like us all.

I can't wait for the next book to come out... I will be reading it that day. Ahead full!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good premise, poor editing, April 26, 2012
This series has an interesting premise and some great ideas. However, the editing is really poor. With some pages duplicated. Still overall, it's a good read.

2.0 out of 5 stars First book ok, second book blah, August 24, 2012
I've been buying several books on Kindle lately and the reviews are a large part of my decision process in picking them....hence I thought I should now write one myself after reading this one. The first book in this series was ok and I purchased the second book thinking it had potential and the story was going somewhere. The second book was a big disappointment, very little action with the main story ocurring on a very uninteresting planet....wasn't the purpose for being there to fix the ship...which was not done! A very weak ebook. Don't believe me, read it yourself lol!