1,033 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and effective
Published 14 months ago by Dave

1.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done I guess - Update: Or not
They look and feel cheap, and certainly aren't of the quality I'm used to when using cut resistant gloves, but the price was very fair, and I think these will work just fine to keep my fingertips intact when using my mandoline.

Published 11 months ago by dcostalis

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and effective, November 13, 2013
This review is from: Epica Cut Resistant Gloves with CE Level 5 Protection, 1 Pair (Kitchen)
I bought these gloves to use with my Mandoline slicer. The thing works great, but it is razor sharp and could take a finger in an instant. I received the gloves, took a sharp knife, then tried to cut the fabric (without my hand in it, of course). The knife didn't even leave a mark, much less cut it. I am still very careful when I use my Mandoline, but feel better wearing the gloves. There are two gloves in the set, and I only wear one on my right hand when slicing. The gloves fit either hand, so I have an extra. They also go right in the washer, and I lay them out to dry. Great peace of mind for a very reasonable price. Good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Saved me from a nasty cut, December 2, 2013
Robin (Rockville, MD) - See all my reviews
I have never really had issues with cutting myself while using knives, but I got these for when I was using a grater. However, shortly after getting them, they saved me from a nasty cut: I had them on from using a grater, and hadn't taken them off yet, I was using my big chef's knife and not paying enough attention, and hit my finger. Hard. With the gloves on, it was enough to leave a dent in my finger and a nasty bruise, but the gloves saved me from an even worse cut (possibly even cutting my finger off). For that alone, these gloves have been more than worth it.

In terms of what I bought them for, saving my fingers when using graters, they do a great job: I do find the finger tips are a little bulky, so I can't get down to the very end of whatever I'm grating, but that was probably the problem and why I needed gloves in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for MS sufferers!, September 21, 2013
The gloves are comfortable! The gloves are washable!! Multi-use. Inside in the kitchen. Working in the yard and construction. The gloves stretch and feel better and more comfortable the longer you wear them. They are light weighing in at only 1.6 ounces.

They wash like a dream, air dry and they are truly good as new. I can't wait to battle with that cheese grater again. This time I WILL WIN!!! No scrapped up knuckles this time!!! LOVE them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars They really work!, January 11, 2014
Got these along with mandoline to help protect my hands (or may wife when she uses the tool) and they really work. The fit my large hand as well as her small hand. Also, they are washable and easy to keep clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection!, November 6, 2013
This is the first product that I have seen that offers this type of protection. I decided to try these gloves since making the decision to preserve my own produce to avoid the additives in packaged foods. Since I am not as skillful with a knife as I would like to be, I tested the gloves. I am impressed! Not only do they protect your hands/fingers from cuts, they protected my nails as I always seem to manage to shave off a nail or a knuckle when grating veggies. I imagine, with these gloves, I will be able to use my sharp kitchen tools to do a lot of slicing, chopping and mincing much faster and safer. Although they are a bit large for my hands, they are a stretchy material that fit fairly well. I am very pleased with this purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done I guess - Update: Or not, February 12, 2014

Update: After my first slip, my mandolin sliced the tip of one of the fingers of the glove right off. The only reason I didn't get my fingertip cut off is because the fingers in the glove are comically long. I will still use these until I find a decent prodcut as it's better than NOTHING, but seemingly not by much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me from a really bad cut, November 6, 2013
I got a mandolin and wanted to be extra careful. Like a bozo, the first time I used it I didn't use the pusher. Fortunately, I was wearing the Epica gloves. Sliced the tip off one of the gloves. It saved the end of my finger. Thanks to Epica.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, September 3, 2013
These gloves provide a sense of relief from having to worry about slicing your fingers while cutting foods while in the kitchen. Also, my husband loves them as well since he works with metal a lot and these gloves allow him to grab the metal without cutting his hands. I was worried they would slip since there is no gripping action but I didn't have much trouble. However, if someone were trying to hold something heavier grip may be an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, October 26, 2013
I had another brand pair that I got at BB&B but they had worn out and were no longer carried there. These seem better made and are more comfortable as other reviewer said. I find the finger guards awkward to use and chopping veggies like the chefs scares me silly so these are great for reducing anxiety and finger scars. I plan to wear these much more often since I don't think washing them will wear them out like the last ones so my fingers feel safer already:). I also like the American Made part.

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy!!!!!!!!!!, February 25, 2014
I just received this today. I tried to use it with my mandoline and after 2 swipes the glove cut open. This is not safe to use at all.

The glove feels very cheaply made and the material is extremely thin. Yes it does come with 2 gloves which I thought was a nice bonus, but now i believe they do that because they know how cheaply made these gloves are. The sizing of the gloves were very big as well. I normally were a large size glove and these were still big on me. If you are looking for a safe glove to cut with stay away from this.

Amazon side of the process was great as always. Very fast shipping and the return process was supper easy. Thank god for great customer service.