Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Epicenter: Why Current Rumblings in the Middle East Will Change Your Future Hardcover – September 1, 2006
|New from||Used from|
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Inside Flap
From the Back Cover
More About the Author
Joel C. Rosenberg (www.joelrosenberg.com) is a New York Times best-selling and award-winning author of 10 novels and five non-fiction books, with more than 3 million copies sold.
He is also the Founder and Chairman of The Joshua Fund (www.joshuafund.com), a non-profit educational and charitable organization he and his wife launched in 2006 to mobilize Christians to "bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus, according to Genesis 12:1-3."
He and his wife have four sons. They made Aliyah in 2014 and now live in Israel and the United States.
Joel's books, most of which are published in numerous languages, include:
1. The Last Jihad (2002)
2. The Last Days (2003)
3. The Ezekiel Option (2005)
4. The Copper Scroll (2006)
5. Epicenter: Why The Current Rumblings In The Middle East Will Change Your Future (2006, non-fiction; an updated version, Epicenter 2.0, was released in paperback in 2008)
6. Dead Heat (2008)
7. Inside The Revolution: How the Followers of Jihad, Jefferson & Jesus are Battling To Dominate the Middle East and Transform the World (2009, non-fiction)
8. The Twelfth Imam (2010)
9. The Tehran Initiative (2011)
10. Implosion: Can America Recover From Its Economic and Spiritual Challenges In Time? (2012)
11. Israel At War: Inside The Nuclear Showdown With Iran (2012, non-fiction e-book)
12. The Invested Life: Making Disciples of All Nations One Person At A Time, written with Dr. T.E. Koshy (2012)
13. Damascus Countdown (2013)
14. The Auschwitz Escape (2014)
15. The Third Target (January 6, 2015)
He has produced two documentary films, based on two of his non-fiction books, Epicenter and Inside The Revolution.
Several of his books have won national awards.
* The Ezekiel Option was named by the ECPA as a Gold Medallion Award winner as the "Best Novel of 2006."
* He is a five-time winner of the "Retailers Choice Award" for best books of the year in fiction and non-fiction categories. These awards, presented annually by Christian Retailing magazine, are based on the voting of people working in the Christian publishing and music industries.
* In 2007, Epicenter won in the "Christian Living" category.
* In 2009, Dead Heat won in the "Fiction: Mystery & Suspense" category.
* In 2010, Inside The Revolution won in the "Social Issues" category.
* In 2011, The Twelfth Imam won in the "Fiction: Mystery & Suspense" category.
* In 2012, The Tehran Initiative won in the "Fiction: Mystery & Suspense" category.
* The Auschwitz Escape was a finalist in the 2014 GoodReads "Choice Awards" for "Best Historical Fiction," finishing in 4th place out of 21 contenders.
Several of his books have reached the top or near the top of national best-seller lists.
* The Last Jihad hit #1 on the Amazon.com best-seller list.
* Dead Heat reached #4 on the New York Times hardcover fiction best-seller list.
* The Third Target hit #4 on the Publishers Weekly hardcover fiction best-seller list, and spent two months as the #1 best-selling work of fiction in the Christian market in North America.
Before becoming an author, Joel previously worked as an aide to several U.S. and Israeli business and political leaders, including Steve Forbes, former Israeli Deputy Prime Minister Natan Sharansky, and then-former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. He also worked for The Heritage Foundation, Empower America, Rush Limbaugh, and Americans For Hope, Growth & Opportunity.
He has been interviewed on hundreds of radio and TV shows, including ABC's "Nightline," CNN, CNN Headline News, C-SPAN, Fox News, MSNBC, The History Channel, the Rush Limbaugh Show, the Sean Hannity Show and the Glenn Beck Show. His articles and columns have been published by National Review, FoxNews.com, World magazine, and the Washington Times, among others. He has been profiled by the New York Times, the Washington Times and the Jerusalem Post.
He has traveled to, done research in, and/or spoken to audiences all across the U.S. and Canada and all over the world, including Israel, Iraq, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, the UAE, Turkey, Russia, Germany, France, Belgium, Italy, India, South Korea, the Philippines, Mexico and Brazil. He has addressed audiences at the White House and the Pentagon, addressed Members of Congress on Capitol Hill, Members of the Canadian Parliament in Ottawa, and addressed a conference held at the European Union Parliament in Brussels.
Joel was born in Syracuse, New York, on April 17, 1967. His father is a first-generation American from a Jewish background whose parents and grandparents emigrated from Russia and settled in Brooklyn, New York. His mother, a Gentile, was raised in Rome, New York. When Joel was two, his parents moved to a community just outside of Rochester, New York. He grew up in the small town of Fairport and graduated from Fairport High School in 1985. He attended Syracuse University (1985-1989) -- spending one semester of his junior year studying at Tel Aviv University (August 1987 to January 1988) -- and graduated from S.U. with a B.F.A. in Film Drama in May 1989.
Joel married his college sweetheart, Lynn, in June of 1990. Together, they made their home in the Washington, D.C. area for 24 years. They have four sons -- Caleb, Jacob, Jonah, and Noah -- and moved as a family to Israel in August 2014 after becoming dual U.S.-Israeli citizens.
* For more information on conferences Joel organizes, please visit www.epicenterconference.com.
* You can find his weblog at https://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/.
* You can sign up for his "Flash Traffic" email updates at http://www.joelrosenberg.com/flashtraffic_form.asp.
* You can follow him on Twitter @joelcrosenberg.
Amazon Author Rankbeta(What's this?)
Top Customer Reviews
Then I noticed then this book, which is a sort of "cliff notes" to Rosenberg's novels, providing key highlights and most importantly, the basis for his novels. After reading a few sections, I found myself being quite impressed at the content. Before long, I was hooked; this is a very well done book. The thoughts are clear, speculation is generally noted (rather than affirmed as fact), copious references are provided, and I believe that the book is generally faithful to its Biblical roots.
The central theme of the book is the literal fulfillment of the prophecies of Ezekiel in chapters 37/38. The author takes these prophecies, and tries to interpret them in light of current world events. When he wrote the novels, some of his "predictions" had apparently not yet been fact, so that in some ways his views offer some testable hypotheses. Rosenberg is not a "date setter (thank G-d)," though he believes that we are rapidly coming to the climax of these prophecies. Especially important is his use of primary sources; in most cases he talked to many "in the know" people across the word, and didn't just quote sound bytes from the internet/TV/radio. The book as a very investigative feel to it, and the high quality of the effort here is rather evident.Read more ›
Absolutely an excellent book on a very delicate topic that is affecting and will affect our world. Rosenberg shows us the power of the Scripture in understanding the past and the present, and even more important: in predicting the future. A Thought-provoking reading that is well worth for Christian Readers and any reader as well.
With everything that is going on in the middle east and around the world, in such places like Iran, Iraq, Russia, and China: the invasion of Iraq and the violence of the post Sadam's Iraq, Iran's president vows to wipe Israel, and more it is nice to have the analysis and the point of view of a well respected Christian writer.
Rosenberg has become well-known for having a seemingly uncanny knack of writing fictional novels with events that later (or often sooner) occur in real life. This book is his first venture into non-fiction, and he tries to explain how he comes up with many of his ideas for his novels and presents his theory of an impending earthly calamity (though this is not the final battle of Armageddon). Unfortunately, the introduction and first few chapters of the book come off as being self-congratulatory advertisements for his novels. Also, Rosenberg writes as though he were letting the reader in on some big secrets that he has gleaned from statesmen and church leaders in various parts of the world, but he tells us nothing that we can't get from reading a newspaper or watching television newscasts.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent book by Joel Rosenberg! We all need to read and heed what he has shared of future prophesy from the Word of God. Read morePublished 1 month ago by debperry53
The information is great but why do authors think that they can read their own books? Rosenberg's voice detracts from the message. He sounds like he has marbles in his mouth. Read morePublished 1 month ago by MM
Your liking (or disliking) of this book is probably based on your ideas about the applicability of the Bible to our daily lives. Read morePublished 1 month ago by John Matlock
Is a stunning book. On its 10th anniversary, you can look back at and realized it's pretty much everything in it is completely wrong. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Steven Hunt
We. Need to be more aware of what is happening in the world today. We also need to prepare for the. Future. This will help us to get ready for whatever comes our way.Published 2 months ago by brklyndsgnr