Epicurean Non-Slip Series Cutting Board, 17.5-Inch by 13-Inch, Natural/Slate
|Price:||$39.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 17.5 x 13 inch wood fiber composite cutting board, natural color, removable silicone corners; dual-sided cutting surface
- Modified natural material is lightweight, durable, nonporous, knife friendly and dishwasher safe, and easy to maintain; NSF approved
- Silicone corners grip countertop surface, prevent board from shifting during use
- Made in USA from trees harvested under the guidelines of the North America Sustainable Forestry Standards
- Temperature resistant to 350 Degree F/175 Degree C; protects countertop; built-in hole makes it easy to grab, use and store
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Color: Natural/Slate | Size: 17.5-Inch by 13-Inch
From the Manufacturer
The heart of the kitchen is where memories are made, traditions are honored, and great food is prepared and shared. It is where you find Epicurean. Every Epicurean cutting board and kitchen accessory is made with naturally renewable or recycled materials in an environmentally responsible way. Our products are well-designed, practical, casual tools that feel at home in any kitchen where friends and family gather to share company and enjoy good food. We pride ourselves on heartfelt, original designs that are simple, functional, and beyond trend. Quality materials are carefully selected to be both durable and environmentally conscience, creating long-lasting products that balance performance with respect for the environment. Every Epicurean product also is made in the USA, creating good jobs and strengthening the economy.
Design from the heart
Epicurean understands the relationship between the products we manufacture and the environment we all live in. Epicurean is dedicated to creating long-lasting products that are manufactured with sustainable manufacturing practices and made from environmentally conscientious materials like recycled paper, plastic, and FSC certified papers. Epicurean products are fabricated using materials that gain their natural look and texture from the organic contents that comprise them. Each color is composed of a set of fiber sources layered together and pressed along with a food safe resin to form a sheet that has unequaled food preparation properties.
In 2003, Epicurean was founded by custom skate park manufacturer TrueRide as a way to repurpose excess skating surface material used by the company. The founders of TrueRide knew of the history of the surface material in commercial kitchens, so creating a line of home food prep surfaces from scrap was as natural as, well, skating on it. They knew the wood fiber composite used in skate park ramps was durable, non-porous, and dishwasher safe. It had been used in commercial kitchens for years. TrueRide skate parks last for years outdoors with extensive abuse from both weather and skaters, so you can be sure your Epicurean product can handle even the hardest working kitchen. Today, Epicurean cutting boards, kitchen tools, and utensils are at the center of everyday life for both casual cooks and seasoned gourmets. Our signature products are still made from the same natural, organic composite that made Epicurean a household name.
Made in the U.S.A.
Our sustainable manufacturing facility is located on the North Shore of Lake Superior in Duluth, Minnesota.
All Epicurean products offer a durable design that can stand up to the rigorous daily use of any busy kitchen. All Epicurean Non-Slip cutting boards can be cleaned in the dishwasher, or by hand in the sink with hot soapy water.
This product has been certified by the National Sanitary Foundation, so you know that it has met the rigid standards for quality and safety.
Heat Resistant to 350˚F
Epicurean wood fiber products are heat resistant up to 350°Fahrenheit / 176°Celsius, so you can use the surface as a trivet without leaving a blemish. (Not microwave safe & should not be used as cookware)
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Your Epicurean product is made to meet your complete satisfaction. Your product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the lifetime of the product. *This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse, or failure to follow care instructions.
Cutting on Epicurean cutting boards will not dull your knife so you will sharpen less.
Top Customer Reviews
1) It's fairly easy to clean. To me, that's imperative because of food safety.
2) It holds up decently to sharp knives. I've noticed a little scoring on the board, but that's probably unavoidable - and it's good for the board to have a little bit of give, or else you end up with dulled knives after a while.
3) Stability: the composite material really seems to have a nice strength. I have never really had a problem the the board bowing while I'm cutting (as there is a little gap between the board and counter because of the rubber feet). The rubber feet work quite well to keep it in place on the counter, too, so it definitely stays put while you're cutting.
1) The shape bothers me. I would have much preferred for the edges to be straight. So far, I haven't noticed any functional benefit from the curved edges, and they make it a little tricky to store if you were to want to store it in a leaning upright position.
2) The cutout hole in the corner: I don't know why it is in the corner instead of lined up along the central axis. This isn't an issue that affects cutting at all, but if like me, you're dealing with limited storage space, it would be great to be able to hang this thing on the wall. But as it is, if you try to hang on a wall, it sits at an angle. At the very least, this just looks awkward.
3) Factory (un)fresh odor. When I first got it, the board had an off-putting odor, so I washed it a few times with soap and hot water, but he smell stuck until I used an washed it several more times. After a few weeks of use, it's completely gone, but I was worried at first that it was permanent.
Buy for the price and ease of upkeep. Maybe there are better boards out there, but this one is close to great.
Pros: Durable, aesthetically pleasing, doesn't stain
Cons: Models without feet slide easily (not an issue with this particular model), Chemical smell after washing the first couple times - went away quickly.
The size is perfect. Plenty of room to dice up fruit or a chicken breast but not so big it's a hassle to clean and store.
I washed it by hand in the sink, and boy, does it smell awful when you get it wet! I'm not sure how to describe it except somewhere between wet dog and wet cardboard. It cleaned up beautifully, but I was certainly breathing through my mouth til I was done! It will likely not be the clipboard I grab first in the future because of this, unless I really need that smooth surface.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great, and epicurean always provides great boards! I bought this for someone who has difficulty using her hands, so a non-slip design was crucial!Published 10 days ago by longhorngalinminnesota
Lightweight yet big enough for big jobs. Cleans up great and doesn't slip.Published 13 days ago by KatMac
Makes cooking fun! Very easy to clean, just take the rubber ends off and put it in the dishwasher. The rubber makes it stick to the counter so there is no slipping while you cut. Read morePublished 14 days ago by BBell
I adore Epicurean cutting boards and won't use anything else. The facts that they're dishwasher safe and easy on knives initially sold me; that they're sustainable and available... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Elizabeth Moore
This is a great product. I'm going to buy another. Recommended by a friend who does a lot of cooking as her favorite, and the best. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Terra Sunder
too thin so it warps in dishwasher. get the thicker ones without the silicone feet.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
These cutting boards are phenomenal. Rubber corners keep it from slipping on any surface. For the money, there is nothing better.Published 2 months ago by cheechmang24