Call the Midwife 4 Seasons 2013
Amazon Instant Video
1. Episode 1 It's 1958 and the day after enjoying a night out at the movies to celebrate her birthday, Nurse Jenny Lee is assigned a patient who is trapped in an abusive marriage. Meanwhile, Trixie and Sister Evangelina deal with a captain's daughter who is about to have her first baby aboard a Swedish cargo ship.
2. Episode 2 Cynthia comes under intense scrutiny from the police, and the pregnant women of Poplar, when the Kelly family's newborn son dies tragically in unexplained circumstances. Now fully ensconced in married life, Chummy's decision to pursue her dream brings about a different sort of pressure. Meanwhile, a chance encounter returns Jimmy to Jenny's life with surprising results.
3. Episode 3 Jenny is seconded to a short staffed London Hospital and finds herself working under an intimidating surgeon, Mr. Tracey. Back in Poplar the midwives have a new addition to the household, Jane, who lends a hand in Jenny's absence. The nuns and midwives are introduced to a forthright pair of twins Meg and Mave Carter. The two women are identical in every way; except one of them is now pregnant.
4. Episode 4 Jenny and Sister Evangelina assist at the birth of the Roberts' baby, who is born with spina bifida. The parents, Doug and Ruby, struggle to understand and accept their son's life limiting condition. Nonnatus House meanwhile plays host to an acquaintance of Chummy's - the Reverend Applebee Thornton, an eccentric cleric who befriends Jane.
5. Episode 5 The whole Poplar community pull together to prepare for the annual Summer Fete. This year with the introduction of a Baby Show the Nonnatus House midwives will be more involved than ever. For others though, life is a little less festive. At the ante-natal clinic Jenny meets Nora Harding a mother of eight, who is distraught that she may soon have another mouth to feed.
6. Episode 6 Dr Turner is determined that the community will no longer live under the threat of TB, with the advent of the mass-Xray program to diagnose the disease early. While the nuns and nurses support the doctor in his campaign to bring proper screening facilities to the area, Jenny's district nursing rounds lead her to a family who have suffered devastating misfortune from the disease.
7. Episode 7 Cynthia's district nursing rounds find her administering daily insulin injections to diabetic John Lacey, a man who consistently belittles his wife Annie. Jenny's work leads her to witness persecution, when she looks after mother-to-be Monique, who is subjected to racial prejudice from her neighbors. Nonnatus House takes ownership of a scooter to help with their rounds.
8. Episode 8 Chummy and PC Noakes meet with new challenges as they settle back down to life in Poplar. Jenny's own jubilation comes in the form of potential love interest Alec, a friend and colleague of Jimmy's. However, in the outside world of Poplar, the winds of change are blowing with old buildings being demolished to make new way for new apartments, and the convent might just be one of them.
|Supporting actors||Jenny Agutter, Helen George, Laura Main, Pam Ferris, Bryony Hannah, Judy Parfitt, Miranda Hart, Ben Caplan, Cliff Parisi, Stephen McGann, Claire-Louise Cordwell, Scarlett Archer, Alexander Cobb, Thomas Aldridge, Tilly Vosburgh, Christopher Dane, Andy McSorley, Zandra Andersson|
|Executive Producer||Tara B. Cook|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Very well done series all the way through. Have completely enjoyed the entire seriesPublished 4 days ago by P
The British really know their stuff. I am a fan of Downton Abby, but I have to say this series is better by far. Rich, deep characters. You cry and laugh at the same time. Read morePublished 7 days ago by lee
Fantastic series with loveable characters that I watch over and over!Published 8 days ago by santana
After watching season 1, I had to continue watching the series so I bought seasons 2 and 3 to catch up with the series on TV.Published 12 days ago by YOYO