Customer Discussions > Foyle's War: Set 7 forum

All Episodes were previously free with Amazon Prime video on Roku

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 6, 2013 3:19:25 PM PDT
Dave says:
As of 9/4/2013 - only Season 2 & 4 are free - all other episodes are showing up on Roku/amazon prime at $7.99 PER episode.

Similar thing has happened with the Perot seasons and episodes.

Seems like this is going backwards for Prime members.
What happened???

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 9:22:07 AM PDT
L Carson says:
I agree with Dave -- and sent off a complaint to Contact Amazon to voice my displeasure. I had reached Series 4 (and had Series 5 and 6 on my watchlist) when Amazon apparently decided to simply pull the series from the "free watch." This is indeed going backwards for Prime members who choose Prime in part because of the free videos available.

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 5:22:35 PM PDT
Dave says:
Loretta - yes - more of us have to speak up !!!!
I did receive an email from customer support...below..
My sarcastic/cynical side says this is just an experiment to maximize profits... Otherwise, why would some of the series be free ??? Wouldn't they ALL have pay per view if the "content owner" had changed the rules.
And why are the pay per episode - episodes - still showing up in my Amazon Prime Instant Video - Included Free with Prime - list???
Also - $7.99 per EPISODE seems OUTRAGEOUS !!!!
""Hello,

I've checked our website catalog and confirmed that "Foyle's War, Series 1, 3, 5, 6" isn't currently listed under Prime Instant Video. I apologize for any disappointment this has caused.

Shows and movies available in our Prime instant video service may change from time to time depending on our agreements with content owners. We're constantly working to establish and enhance these agreements so we can offer the largest selection of movies and TV shows possible for our Prime customers.

Thanks for letting us know what you want from our digital video service. I've let the our Amazon Instant video development team know that you are interested in having this video series under Prime category.

Customer comments like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve Amazon Instant Video.

Thanks for taking time and writing to us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. """

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 9:49:58 PM PDT
L Carson says:
An Update: Kudos to Amazon for restoring the "free watch" of the Foyle's War Series 5 & 6 for Amazon Prime members. Am all caught up now, and looking forward to Series 7 currently airing on Masterpiece.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 8:35:16 PM PDT
Dave says:
Thank you for posting this update Loretta - I did confirm today that they are now back to "Included with Amazon Prime" HURRRAAYYYY!!!! Thank you Amazon Prime...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2013 7:46:39 AM PDT
I belong to both Amazon Prime and Netflix. You can watch all of the previous Foyle's War series (1-6) on livestreaming for a very low monthly fee.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2013 9:46:53 AM PDT
Dave says:
Hi Maria - does live streaming mean Netflix?
As was mentioned in the follow-up comments above - Amazon Prime has "fixed" the pricing on the Foyles War, Perot and several other series and they are now included for free with an Amazon Prime subscription - just like they were prior to two months ago. Amazon Prime videos are also watchable via "live streaming" - I happen to have a Roku device that allows me to watch my Amazon Prime videos on my older -non-internet connected - flat panel tv.
Have you been watching Foyles War -series 7 on PBS? It only has 3 episodes and the first two have already been broadcast on PBS. I understand that there is also an ACORN TV channel on Roku ($7/month) that has many of the British TV shows available. As for me, I'm sticking with Amazon Prime unless something significantly negative happens to their features/pricing model.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2013 1:28:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2013 1:29:48 PM PDT
Good Afternoon, I have not seen the new FW episodes--I will await the livestream available on either Amazon or Netflix. BTW: I use Roku and PS3 for livestreaming. Enjoy both options.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2013 4:18:40 PM PDT
Dave says:
That's cool - of course the OTA (over the air) PBS broadcasts are in 1080P - not that my eyes can tell the difference :) Have a good day Marie...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa68bf1c8)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Foyle's War: Set 7 forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Sep 6, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Foyle's War: Set 7
Foyle's War: Set 7 by Michael Kitchen (DVD - 2013)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (311)