Epson Artisan 800 Wireless Photo All-in-One Printer (Black)(C11CA29201)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Up to 38 ppm, photos in as fast as 10 sec
- Built-in fax and automatic document feeder
- Wi-Fi and Ethernet networking
- 7.8-inch touch panel, 3.5-inch LCD
- Professional quality CD/DVD printing
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Ultra-Hi Definition prints
Smart, 7.8" touch panel
Unsurpassed Print Quality
The Artisan 800 features Ultra Hi-Definition printing for crisp text documents and photos with richness, depth and clarity that satisfy even the toughest customers — professional photographers. This is made possible through Epson’s exclusive MicroPiezo print head with DX5 technology which delivers up to 5 ink droplet sizes per nozzle, as small as 1.5 picoliters, to produce exceptionally smooth gradations, amazingly accurate skin tones and sharp, grain-free photos. And Artisan all-in-ones feature 6 color Claria inks for photos that resist smudges, scratches water and best of all, fading--lasting up to 4 times longer than prints from the lab!****
Operate the Artisan 800 from your computer, or using its smart, 7.8" touch panel. It lights up only the buttons that you need to get the job done fast! The intuitive screen responds to your touch, while step-by-step menus guide you through any task. And, the large, 3.5" tilt LCD makes it easy to view, crop, and edit your photos. Also, with built-in wireless & wired networking, it’s easy to share one Artisan with the entire household. Artisan products support 802.11 b/g, and they’re compatible with 802.11 n. You can also use a standard Ethernet cable (included) for wired networking.
Built-in creative projects, plus creativity software
Built-in Creativity features. Add a personal touch in a snap!
Not only do you get stunning photos with the Artisan 800, but you can do more with them—in a snap! Easily create professional photo layouts to share with friends and family. Or, transform photos into customized notepaper at the push of a button. Your photo is used as the background on letter-size paper, with or without lines. You can also quickly turn photos into personalized coloring book pages. It’s fun! And, print directly onto CDs and DVDs to create professional looking discs. You can even restore color to old, faded photos. Do all this, without even using a computer. Or, use the included Print Creations software to create impressive invitations, greeting cards, calendars, and photobooks, simply by dragging and dropping your photos into the designer templates provided. It’s all so easy!
The Artisan 800 has all the tools you need when working in the home. High resolution copying and scanning captures all the detail in documents, receipts, recipes, and more. And you can scan directly to a USB device and/or PDF format. Or, use the included Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software, which converts scanned documents into text you can edit on your computer. And, with built-in fax, you can send and receive important documents right at home. For added efficiency, store up to 60 speed dial numbers. You can also easily scan or copy stacks of documents with the built-in 30 page Auto Document Feeder. And the Artisan 800 makes it easy to be green with built-in two-sided printing. Lastly, with two paper trays you’re always ready to print photos and documents, without changing paper.
Product protection you can count on
Experience peace of mind with a warranty that’s twice as long as those from other manufacturers! Artisan all-in-ones come with the Epson Preferred program, which includes a 2-year warranty and toll-free phone support, with product registration.** And, should you need a replacement, Epson offers quick and free product exchange with no hidden charges. Our technical support specialists are committed to helping you quickly resolve problems. And, this support is free for the life of your product. Unlike other manufacturers, you’ll never get a bill for accessing Epson technical support. Registered Artisan owners also receive access to a personal website with fun, creative projects, "how-to" tutorials, useful resources, and are eligible for exclusive offers.
- Smart, 7.8" touch panel — large display lights up the buttons you need; includes a 3.5" LCD to preview and print images
- Fax, even in color — send and receive faxes right at home
- Remarkable productivity — Auto Document Feeder to quickly copy, scan or fax stacks of originals
- Wi-Fi® support — built-in wired and wireless networking; print from any room
- Ultra Hi-Definition prints — Claria® 6-color ink for images with richness, depth and clarity — it’s the ultimate in image quality
- Bring old, faded photos back to life — easily restore the color to faded photos
- Professional looking CDs/DVDs — print right onto ink jet printable CDs/DVDs
- One-of-a-kind projects — easily create note paper, cards and coloring books using your own photos
- Perfect photos made easy — Auto Photo Correction and red-eye removal
- Quality color or black and white copies — copy documents, receipts, recipes and more
- Multitasking made easy — two paper trays for plain and photo paper; always ready for any task
- Results ready to share — better than lab quality photos are smudge, scratch, water and fade resistant
- Useful software included — OCR and creativity software to create cards, calendars, photo books and more
- Individual ink cartridges — replace only the color that you need
- Creativity at your fingertips — built-in memory card slots and PictBridgeTM support to print photos PC-free
- Ultra fast print speeds — up to 38 ppm (black/color); photos in as fast as 10 sec*
- Epson PreferredSM program — two-year limited warranty and toll-free telephone support, with registration, for product protection you can count on, plus more exclusive benefits **
- Save paper — built-in two-sided printing***
- Long-lasting prints — fade-resistant photos that last up to 4x longer than lab prints****
** One-year limited warranty to all purchasers; toll-free support and second-year warranty require registration within 60 days of purchase. With registration, Epson provides phone support without charge for the life of the product. Telephone toll charges may apply.
***Double-sided printing available on the Macintosh® only with the optional duplexer.
**** Based on accelerated testing of prints displayed under glass in indoor display conditions. Actual print stability will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, temperature, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee the longevity of prints.
For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or UV filter or properly store them. See www.wilhelm-research.com for the latest information.
What’s in the Box
Artisan 800 photo all-in-one, setup and instruction manuals, CD-ROM with drivers and creativity software, power cord, Ethernet cable (CAT-5), telephone cord, Epson Preferred invitation and free 4x6 photo paper plus coupons with special offers (Offer valid only in the United States), 6 Claria Hi-Definition Ink Cartridges, One 98 High-Capacity Black ink cartridge, Five 99 Standard-capacity color ink cartridges: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Light Cyan, Light Magenta. USB cable not included. Also works with 98 High-capacity color ink cartridges.
Top Customer Reviews
There are some gotchas that you won't know until you set it up. I was on the phone with Epson support for over an hour before even they realized these features weren't available.
1. The Front Panel Scan To features only works if the printer is connected via USB. It does not work at all if the printer is connected to your network either hard-wired or wireless.
2. You can only use the memory card reader on the printer if it is connected via USB. Again, this feature does not work if the printer is connected to your network.
3. Per Epson support, you cannot use both the USB and Ethernet connections together. It's one or the other. I'm going to try it anyway since it took Epson support an hour to tell me that the Scan To and Memory Card Readers only work using a USB connection.
4. On a Mac (I don't know about Windows yet), you should uninstall any Epson Scan software for any other Epson AIO's that were connected to your computer before installing the Artisan 800 software. Also, be sure to run the Epson Scanner Utility and select the appropriate connection type. It defaults to LOCAL even if you set it up as a Network printer. That was a pain in the butt since nowhere in the documentation does it tell you about this.
5. For a $300.00 printer, it should have included the Duplexer, which is a $29.00 option direct from Epson. Epson is showing no stock for the Duplexer as of 9/26/08.
Also, don't be fooled into buying extra print cartridges when you buy the printer because the sales person tells you that the cartridges are only half full .Read more ›
I have to say I was initially very disappointed with this printer though due to the quality of prints. I went through 3/4 of the color cartridges trying to get an acceptable photo quality print. I tried multiple combinations of settings but nothing worked. I tried one last thing prior to returning the printer. I purchased the Epson 5 star Ultra Premium Photo Paper. WOW what a difference this paper makes. I went from lousy spotchy dotted prints on Kodak Premium Paper to photo lab quality in an instant. I was using my previous Kodak Premium photo paper but just could not get good results. I tried straight from the camera, from the printer and from the computer trying different combinations of settings nothing worked. I was down to about a 1/4 of the original cartridges when I finally switched paper. Do not use the Kodak paper in these you will be disappointed. Kodak papers are optimized to work with Kodak inks which are not the same as Epsons. I am not sure what other papers people are using but the Epson 5 star works beautifully. I was on the edge of returning this up to that point. I am not sure how the other Epson papers work yet I am a little hesitant to try at this point. I think the manufacturers of these printers need to work together and make their papers and inks a little more interchangeable. But that is wishful thinking. Especially Kodak who are supposed to be the photo paper gods.Read more ›
The paper tray is two levels, all plastic, and has many flimsy plastic paper guides, so it remains to be seen whether it holds together over time. The paper tray does hold 8.5x11 paper plus 4x6 or 5x7 photo paper on the second level of the paper tray, which is a plus.
I've always owned Epson straight-through paper-path printers. I'm hoping this Epson folded-path mechanism works better than most of the HP printers I've used at the office.
Overall, a terrific printer so far.
UPDATED 11/18/08: Just tried to load Avery labels sheet(s) to print Christmas labels and return address labels for the mother-in-law. This was a NO GO. This printer cannot feed these sheets, and there is no work-around (manual feeder, etc.). When I went back to the owner's manual and to the Epson online resource, there are zero entries on how to load labels sheets. "D'Oh!" Now I know why. My recent experience with Epson online/email tech support had a three-week response time for a simple question about changing an ink cart, so I don't anticipate a response until long after I need to print labels. Very very disappointing for an otherwise terrific AIO photo printer. I would have to knock my rating down to four stars.
UPDATED 08/20/10: As I anticipated in my original review, after owning this AIO for almost two years, the plastic parts are beginning to show their wear.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought one long ago and it stopped connecting to my computer over WiFi. I looked for driver updates and did everything that I could with no luck. I won't buy this brand again. Read morePublished 4 months ago by L. Young
Dont waste your freaking time. spent 100$ for all new EPSON brand ink pads just to get an error to contact customer service. SO.... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Maximillion
After some time the printer will tell you the ink pads are worn out and you are hooped. You have been warned. Do not buy a printer from Epson.Published 8 months ago by Rj
Runs through very expensive color ink extremely fast. Much cheaper to just order prints of your photos.Published 8 months ago by RockyMtnLvr
I really dislike this printer. 1. There is no way to print if even one color ink cartridge is out, even if all you need is black ink. 2. Paper jams frequent. 3. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Genna Johnson
Have had no problems since we bought it. Costco sells the ink refills for this unit also.Published 18 months ago by lpm