Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 19, 2011
I've been a home-based employee for 3 1/2 years now, and previously had been using HP printers in my home office... first the Deskjet 6940dt, then the Officejet Pro 8000. Both were dual-tray, auto-duplex units and had their pros and cons. The 6940 was not a robust machine, with limited ink and paper capacity, and slow speed. The 8000 was very cranky at times, rebooting (which takes a good 2-3 minutes) after every power blip or after several heavy jobs.

After 10 years in total of HP printers at home, I decided to look elsewhere. The Canon Pixma iP4920 had plenty of features, but Canon considered it a photo/consumer printer, so the business use I frequently need would overpower it. The Ricoh Aficio GX series GelSprinters had the heavy duty function I wanted, but the resolution was pretty low in comparison to others, and I do print the occasional photograph from my digital camera.

Then I came across the Epson B-510DN. While the most expensive of those I was looking at, this printer not only did everything I wanted, but offered a few major advantages. The B-510DN is incredibly quick, even for duplex printing. And speaking of the duplex, you can print both sides on legal as well as letter with the Epson. The ink yield is above expectations - the standard cartridges have outstanding capacity - 3000 (black) and 3500 (cyan, yellow, magenta) pages... much more cost effective compared with the extra-large cartridges of the HP 8000 (2200 pages black, 1400 for the three colors). And with 5760x1440 resolution, the B-510DN printed a 12MP digital photo notably cleaner and sharper than the 4800x1200 HP.

Installation on Windows 7 x64 was quick and easy - unlike the 20 minute "initialization" the HP 8000 required out of the box. In the first day of ownership, I printed several two-sided documents on both letter and legal, 4x6 photos, and other jobs right away with no issues.

Again, this is an expensive printer, but if you can swing the price, you won't be disappointed with the performance! This is my first Epson since a 1999 Photo 600 inkjet, but likely won't take as long to buy another Epson in the future.
on January 16, 2015
Print Quality is ok. Speed is acceptabe but the printer is noisy.
After two years of use, my printer showed the Error Code 0x95.
The two orange LED started blinking.
The printer was unable to print anything.
Here is a workaround that worked on my printer for the "General error":
For the mistake there are mostly two reasons:
(a) Paper in the Print Head (simply control the print head and clean if necessary)
(b) Deactivate the item Auto cleaning in the printer Menu .

I am not a Nerd, so I wrote down each step:

(a) Turn printer on - Display shows "Ready"
(b) Press right arrow key to enter the printer`s menu) - Display shows
(c) Press the down arrow key several times until Display shows Maintenance)
(d) Press the green "OK- Button)
(e) Press the down arrow key several times until Display shows Auto Cleaning)
(f) Press the green "OK- Button
(g) Press the down arrow key several times until Display shows "OFF"
(h) Press the key under the red waste bin symbol
Turn the printer off
After the procedure my printer worked correctly!
on December 21, 2010
This printer arrived intact and has meet all my daily needs. Was falsely concerned about reviews that standard printing was not very good, but I find that is more than adequate for daily printing such as reports, receipts, pages from internet. The color is great and speed is fantastic. I really like the double sided capability. Only complaint is minor. It can be fixed with a software upgrade, and that is when you want to do double sided printing, you have to select it each time. It seems that you can't save this as a preset mode for printing. That's why I only give it 4 stars.
on April 7, 2013
We're printing approx 25,000 pages a week and replaced older lasers with these Epsons.
After purchasing the first B-510 we purchased two more (to decrease the printing times).

All after all I can say that these printers are working extremely economic if used with refillable inks and extremely reliable if used with 24lb (90gr/m2) paper.
Paper with 20 or (worse) 18lb caused a lot of paper jams...

Printing speed full color is approx 10 to 12 sheets per minute.

Duplex unit works ONLY well with 24lb paper (but we don't use it too much).
on December 31, 2013
Installed this printer over 1.5 years ago at a school that does a large volume of color prints on a daily basis. This took the place of 5 smaller HP desktop inkjets, ink costs have dropped around 70% annually! The printer is quiet and very fast, jams are rare and the high capacity cartridges last 6-7 months. Has printed over 20,000 pages with no quality issues at all.
on August 10, 2013
I have had it for about 10 months...was pc-based and now I am Apple based with a MAC Book Pro. Easy conversion!! This printer to so efficient with great quality I am waiting for another great sale at Epson to buy another for when I wear this one out!!!
on November 5, 2013
This printer worked well for first 300 prints
Printer took one day off and third day did not get any prints out.
cradle was moving but nothing printed on paper as it came out.
Very disappointed
thereafter, tried troubleshooting
Display read "Printer error Restart Printer" till today
Wasted money and time.
Reviews indicated very good but very disappointing to me
Wish for it to be replaced by Epsom-Technology Galaxy
on May 17, 2012
I use this printer HARD. There have been problems with paper pick-up and jamming but considering I print 1,000 pages a week it's held up pretty well.
on August 30, 2012
Setup was easy. Noise level good. Speed good. Print quality good. After a week or so, the printer began to jam when turning paper for every page of every duplex job. I returned it.
on April 5, 2011
Mac users be ready for frustration. This printer did not come with a cable or driver for operation. After five days of back and forth with Epson I am sending the printer back to Amazon. Amazon failed to note that this product is not equipped with either printer or driver.