Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Size: 1-Pack|Change
Price:$294.99+ Free shipping

on December 5, 2005
I can't rate the product on any features other than what we purchased it for - printing multi-part invoices. If your objective is to fill in pre-printed forms from a software application, forget the LQ-590 - the "top-of-form" setting on the printer will be overwritten by the software. Epson technical support appears to feel "top margin" and "top-of-form" are the same thing.

What this means is that if you wish to start printing at a certain spot on the form, it is nearly impossible to do so. We use a business accounting program where all of the forms are created in the application with a default top margin. Normally all that is required when a new dot-matrix printer is purchased is to re-adjust the "top-of-form" position on the printer so it prints correctly. Epson uses the "MicroAdjust" feature for this. Unfortunately, the LQ-590 resets the "top-of-form" position to it's default .333 inch whenever a print job from a software application (even a simple one like Notepad) is received, meaning the only method available to you to adjust the top-of-form position is with the "top margin" setting in the application.

The difficulty with this is that if you adjust the top margin position for the LQ-590, other printers on the network also printing this form will no longer print correctly. Worse yet, in our case the top margins are hard coded into the application, and we cannot change them. We had no choice but to return the unit and subsequently purchased an Oki Microline 320 - no problems with it. We also still have a few Epson LQ-570's that work perfectly.
on January 2, 2014
My company had been using an old impact printer from the early 1990s and it finally died on us. After many weeks of trial and error with other printers this one was perfect. It prints clearly and very fast. Works with Windows 8.1 Pro.
on July 13, 2008
It has been about one month sine my office replaced our old dot matrix printer with this one. For the money, this printer cannot be beat and we are completely satisfied.

If I had to complain, the print quality could be better - but this is an entry level dot matrix printer and a you're probably not looking for the highest dpi, just the best reliability/prince/speed generally.

I like the option for front and rear tractor feeds and for the the money it really can't be beat.
on October 18, 2012
This piece of junk worked for less than 2 months. At 2 months, it got an updated driver which reset the "top of form" settings on the printer. At that point I could no longer adjust the top-of-form and the printer became completely worthless. It was outside of the 30 day warranty so I can't return it. Epson technical support wants me to drive 2 hours to drop it off at a service center, drive 2 hours back home, drive 2 hours back after it's fixed to pick it up, and then drive 2 hours back to my business to see if it's fixed. And what if it isn't? I've already got 8 hours in the car (that's if there's no traffic!) and I'd have to turn around go 2 hours back to the service center, back home, etc. all over again? What if it is fixed though...is it 2 months away from another driver update and another 8 hours in the car to take it to a service center? No way. Stay away from this piece of junk. Epson is digging in their heels. I'm going out back to go Office Space on this thing right after I order a different brand of printer.
The Amazon seller I bought it from (PCNation) has been very responsive and has helped me to get in touch with the Epson support team to try to resolve the issues, they would receive a better rating than 1 star, but the printer and the company that makes the printer are total garbage.
on November 24, 2014
Very good forms printer from Epson, these are becomingly increasingly scarce these days and was lucky to find them on Amazon at a reasonable price. Used to print forms from an IBM i5 with client access emulation.

Epson LQ printers are a great option to the bigger Lexmark printers and you get similar compatibility at a cheaper cost. These have been working very well for the last three (3) months
on November 7, 2013
My old LQ bit the dust after 23 years wow - so I got this one hoping it would work and it does, VERY much improved interface and SOOO many options I could never even think of. Very fast and easy to use. I do hope they continue to make the ink carts, my one worry.
on March 28, 2009
This printer is great for turning out text and numbers almost continuously.
If you need to print even basic graphics, get a bubble jet or laser printer.My very simple company logo is a fuzzy blob of dots.
on September 5, 2010
We print pin fed post cards and labels for our newspaper. The printer was easy to set up but the instruction manual was a little vague is some areas and it is not 100% supported by Windows 7 as of this date. You do not want to use the installation disk that comes with the printer. You must just plug it in then start your computer and then let windows 7 find the driver that it has and wants to use. There are some directions that tell you to go to the EPSON site and download the other features for Epson Status Monitor for windows 7 , but you will find that those do not exist on the Epson site, so don't waste your time looking for it. The printer has operated as I expected and did the job I wanted it to do, so I am satisfied with it.
on September 30, 2013
we purchase this printer for printing the continue docs and it's iittle complicated for set up the line of the docs; we spent few hour to figure out where to set the line.. and so far we still have problem for rolling to next set doc which we have to re-set back to the line we test..
on June 11, 2014
So excited to get home and receive the printer. However from the minute I plugged it in it said printer error. I called Epson and said the printer has a hardware error. Good news is that they are sending me a new one but frustrating to buy something get it and it not work.