5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Epson Home Cinema 750 HD Projector
Before I begin my review, I will disclose that I own several Epson products and I believe they are uniformly excellent. Well made, attractive products that do their job with a minimum of fussing and adjusting. This projector is no exception.

Published 13 months ago by H. J. Spivack

2.0 out of 5 stars Bright but annoying
I have been using and Epson PowerLite Home 10 which is from 2004 and I loved everything about it except I wanted a brighter projector so I could watch in living room even with lights on or in daylight.

So I couldn't wait for this thing to arrive. Fired it up and the first problem raised its ugly head. Smallest image is too big. And also the range between...
Published 13 months ago by laingman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Epson Home Cinema 750 HD Projector, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Epson Home Cinema 750HD 2D/3D 720p 3LCD Projector (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

I will also point out that I do not own a 3D television, dvd or blu-ray player so I was also not able to test its 3D functionality. If the 3D function works as well as the rest of the unit, you will probably find Jack Sparrow sitting next to you on the couch asking for some of your popcorn. Men's Journal awarded the unit their approval in April, 2013 and Projector Central also rated it very highly in their April 24, 2013 review. There is one set of glasses, which need to be 'paired' with the unit and if you have a significant other, you may need to purchase one for them so you can watch together. Me? The one set of glasses is still packed away. The glasses are model ELPGS03 (part number V12H548006) and you can get another pair for between $75-$100.

First, the setup. It was as simple as opening the unit and hooking up your inputs to the back of the projector. You can use a variety of sources (HDMI, Component to VGA, S-Video, Composite and Video-for-Sound)all by using the plugs and connectors in the back of the unit. You can also use a computer as your source system (I didn't but you can, you just need to use the enclosed CD to setup drivers) using the VGA or USB-B port. Camera and other USB devices can also be used in the USB ports (as one might expect). I've heard that using the USB can make the video a little pixel-y, but I did not experience this despite my attempts to 'break' the image.

The projection resolves to 1280x800 pixels, so don't let the 750HD talk you out of buying it. Full color, its over 16 million colors, and 3000 lumens. Bright, pretty picture that can be viewed with lights in the room on or off (though off is better IMHO). The screen I'm using is 109"

The lense is exposed with a switch on top that slides a gate from right to left. The manual calls this an A/V Mute, I call it a 'lense cover.'

As one might expect, placement of the unit is key to its usefulness. The unit can be used for front or rear, on a table or mounted in the ceiling (upside down!) and is placed between 55-200 inches away. The colors are richer when closer, but the projection surface is reduced.

So first the positives: The unit is bright, easy to use, compact enough that it can fit anywhere (although where you put it is dependent upon where you will view the image), and can even go with you. I plan to host a movie night a couple of times this summer in my development, with the unit projecting against the wall of a tennis court.

The negatives, if you are going to project from behind you, or beside you, the fan is a little noisy. Its a little more than a computer fan so my suggestion is either rear view or ceiling mount, where you can get away from the fan noise a bit. Not a big problem, but it is noticeable. It might worse if it wasn't in my basement, where it is cool.

All in, this is an excellent projector, with a clear image that can come from many different sources. The colors are rich, the brightness is excellent and the unit itself is compact and light. The only negative is fan noise, but even that is barely a negative. If you are considering, go purchase. I believe you will be quite happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome projecter..., May 24, 2013
This projector is a light cannon. Even in heavily lighted rooms the image is very clear.
3D is very bright even with IR Active glasses.

At first i was not sure which one to pick, epson 750HD vs Acer H6510 vs BenQ W1070 vs Optoma ML500(LED, more hours, but less brigtness)
But after going through review from Project central, i felt this one is best of others.
Even with less resolution, i totally fell for the white/color brightness.

I totally like this projector, it's awesome......

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and very adjustable, May 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Pro: Bright Image
Pro: Adjustable to any room angles
Pro: Low Brightness setting reduces fan noise

Con: Fan noise as with any projector I've used

I had 2 main concerns with getting this projector. The first was, "Will it be bright enough?", and the second was, "Where is a good place for it?" This projector handled this with flying colors.

I don't have a screen to project it on. I have a well lit room with a large bright white wall (The wall was painted with white ceiling paint). Even when the sun is shining in the room I can see the image quite well. I was also happy to find that the screen has a low and high brightness setting, which I often keep on the low setting. Keeping it on low reduces the fan noise as well. The fan noise isn't too bad, but it is there.

I didn't have a good place to put the projector that would be centered directly across from where I needed to project the image. I was worried that I would have to move the projector out of the way whenever I was done using it. I was happy to find out that this is not the case. This thing has so many adjusting capabilities you can place it anywhere across the room from the wall. There are the interdependent rear feet, the adjustable height front, and the image size adjustments externally. It doesn't stop there though. The image adjusts, from the menu, to walls that it's pointed to on an angle. The angle can be to the left, right tilting away, tilting toward. Due to these adjustments I was able to tweak the projector to my room rather than rearrange my room for the projector.

A couple of last quick comments; don't use the USB connection for TV or Movie watching. It's choppy looking. It looks great when using an HDMI connection. It has an internal speaker which is nice in a pinch, but use external speakers when possible. I didn't try the 3D yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars compact, very good value, May 29, 2013
EMTP EJ "EJ" (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product is easy to setup and use. Very bright image, even with room lights on. Better apparent quality from across the room, than from right next to the projector - it does make some noise due the the fan. It offers HDMI, VGA, USB A, S-video, composite video or USB B. can project on a flat white wall or on a screen. It has keystone correction feature in addition to adjustable feet. The USB-A allows you to plug in a flash drive and run a presentation or media file / movie and project it without a computer or other device. It does not have a component video input (Y,Pb,Pr) for sources like some DVD players or game consoles like Wii, but you can get an adapter HDE® VGA to RCA Component RGB Cable - 1.8M - M/M that uses the VGA port. To use the on-board speaker for anything but HDMI, you need to connect it with a cable with RCA plugs. If you want to use the projector's remote control as a wireless mouse, you have to connect the projector to your computer with the USB-B (on the projector) to a USB-A on your computer. If you use it via USB, you may need to install drivers / software.

Replacement bulbs (Epson ELP LP54 - Projector lamp - UHE - 200 Watt - 4000 hour(s) (standard mode) / 5000 hour(s) (economic mode) - RPLMNT LAMP PLS7 W7 EX31 EX31B EX51 EX51B EX71 are currently less than 100 dollars.
Draws a lot of power, and puts out a bit of heat - it draws about 300 watts.

You will probably want to use external speakers when possible for projecting movies or tv shows.
It has optical zoom and focus features so that you can optimize the image size (within reason) from various distances between the projector and the screen surface between 1 and 11 meters. The manual has a table that can help you figure out what might be the best combination of projector distance and screen size.
It has a remote control and top mounted controls, and has a built-in lens cover. It can project front, rear, as well as on the ceiling front or rear mount.

I have used and set-up and modified projectors for professional presentations and for my house of worship and I must say that this product is a very good value for a home projection theater or for a portable presentation projector!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not be happier, April 12, 2013
I researched projectors for months before choosing the Epson 750hd.I was worried that I might not be happy since it is not 1080.When I turned it on for the first time my concerns disappeared.I am using it on a 109" screen.The picture is clear and bright even with low power.I have not tried 3d yet but I would be happy with this projector even if it did not have 3d.I have had the projector for only one week but my wife and I have viewed a concert and a movie each night.The fan is a little noisy but when going thru a good sound system,you do not notice it.It has a built in speaker but I never plan on using it.Two of my friends have the Epson 8350.I like my projector more and mine is much brighter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its nice, June 10, 2013
worth the money i spent, though i haven't used 3D.
I am using it for gaming and its fun.
though it make cluttering noises, which i am not sure if is normal or not.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good projector for watching films, May 29, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Epson PowerLIte Home Cinema 750HD is designed to be used as a television replacement in a room with normal lighting and it projects a very bright picture with deep, beautiful colors at 3000 lumens. The picture is large and high-quality but as the viewing distance decreases under about ten feet, a loss of sharpness will be increasingly noticeable. No special screen is needed, just a smooth white surface, and it isn't necessary to be in the AV club to use it—it's very straightforward to set up and operate and it even comes with a remote control.

For brightness, color quality, contrast, etc., there are several different settings to choose from: dynamic, living room, movie, and game. There is also an "eco" mode which should be considered for routine use as it consumes 237 W rather than 289 W of electricity as in the other settings. (For comparison, my 55 in. LED television uses about 53 W.) Between the cost of electricity, the expensive ELPLP67 bulbs that last about 4,000 hours, and any additional pairs of 3D glasses over the one pair included, the ongoing expense of operation should be considered in addition to the initial cost of the projector. Also, be aware that the bulb will not maintain full output over its maximum life so will likely have to be replaced sooner or else the picture brightness will suffer.

The audio is intended be connected directly from the source to a separate speaker set. It does have a built-in speaker that is okay for watching the news but it is less than satisfactory when watching a film, especially since it has to compete with a cooling fan. Video input can be HDMI, VGA, USB A, or USB B.

I'm not sure why Epson has retained the older 16:10 ratio, although it will accommodate both 16:9 and 4:3. I don't have a Blu-ray player but this projector is compatible with them even though the resolution is only HD 750 (1280 x 800 pixels.)

To see the 3D effect in 3D films, it is necessary to wear the special rechargeable radio frequency glasses, so people who wear prescription glasses and don't have contacts should consider that. It is also suggested that younger people are better able to appreciate the 3D than older people. I have enjoyed experimenting with 3D recently but have decided that for me, it is more of a novelty than a necessity, although I remember the same thing was said about color picture tubes and then about cable when they were introduced.

Watching a film with a projector is definitely a different experience from watching one on a television. A projector is less expensive initially and has the advantage of occupying less space and being portable but with the drawbacks of requiring an appropriate projection surface and incurring higher operating costs. For people who have decided on a projector vs. a television, this Epson 750HD model is easy to set up and has a beautiful picture and would be a good choice for watching films.

Note: This projector is the same as the EH-TW550 but it is white and comes with one pair of 3D glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could give it a HIGHER rating!!!, May 6, 2013
This projector is AWESOME!!! I admit I was a little skeptical at first, especially about the "HD" functionality. Also thought it would be more difficult to setup. I was not disappointed!!! Setup was a breeze!!! The picture is awesome!!! Add surround and you may forget what a movie theater is. My wife, daughter and I have been to quite a few 3D movies but even they said it seemed to be a better 3D experience--Not knowing if it is because of the fact that I have it set up in a 24x20 room, ceiling mounted, & projected on the wall (picture is 15' from corner to corner)!!! I personally used projectorcentral.com to calculated my throw distance.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great resource!, May 19, 2013
Paka Paka (Georgia, United States) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a university professor, this is one tool that comes in very handy! I often present papers at places that already have a projector, but it is very handy to have this projector ON HAND (I keep it in my car) just in case. It is very easy to use; I am not all that technologically inclined but just by plugging it into my computer and shifting the screen output from the computer to the screen, there you have it! My PowerPoint presentations are clean and crisp, even with the lights on. I've only used it with a screen, so I don't know how it will show up on a bare wall. I haven't used the 3D feature either, but that is one feature I am dying to try out. Too bad it only comes with one pair of glasses! Why would Epson do that -- come on, include at least one more pair! Highly recommend to anyone who must make frequent presentations. Have one of these handy and you won't have to resort to your back-up handouts, lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Projector perfect, July 7, 2013
This is the best projector I have ever owned. Picture is amazing out of the box. Have not tested the 3D. I will say if your trying to decide between this one and the Acer H5370BD. Choose the Epson.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›