5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done
It has been about one month sine my office replaced our old dot matrix printer with this one. For the money, this printer cannot be beat and we are completely satisfied.

Published on July 13, 2008 by F&I

1.0 out of 5 stars Definately not for printing forms.
Published on December 5, 2005 by J. W. Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Definately not for printing forms., December 5, 2005
I can't rate the product on any features other than what we purchased it for - printing multi-part invoices. If your objective is to fill in pre-printed forms from a software application, forget the LQ-590 - the "top-of-form" setting on the printer will be overwritten by the software. Epson technical support appears to feel "top margin" and "top-of-form" are the same thing.

What this means is that if you wish to start printing at a certain spot on the form, it is nearly impossible to do so. We use a business accounting program where all of the forms are created in the application with a default top margin. Normally all that is required when a new dot-matrix printer is purchased is to re-adjust the "top-of-form" position on the printer so it prints correctly. Epson uses the "MicroAdjust" feature for this. Unfortunately, the LQ-590 resets the "top-of-form" position to it's default .333 inch whenever a print job from a software application (even a simple one like Notepad) is received, meaning the only method available to you to adjust the top-of-form position is with the "top margin" setting in the application.

The difficulty with this is that if you adjust the top margin position for the LQ-590, other printers on the network also printing this form will no longer print correctly. Worse yet, in our case the top margins are hard coded into the application, and we cannot change them. We had no choice but to return the unit and subsequently purchased an Oki Microline 320 - no problems with it. We also still have a few Epson LQ-570's that work perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, July 13, 2008
This review is from: Epson LQ-590 Impact Printer (C11C558001) (Office Product)

If I had to complain, the print quality could be better - but this is an entry level dot matrix printer and a you're probably not looking for the highest dpi, just the best reliability/prince/speed generally.

I like the option for front and rear tractor feeds and for the the money it really can't be beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Epson LQ-590 Impact Printer (C11C558001) (Office Product)
My company had been using an old impact printer from the early 1990s and it finally died on us. After many weeks of trial and error with other printers this one was perfect. It prints clearly and very fast. Works with Windows 8.1 Pro.

5.0 out of 5 stars epson, March 28, 2013
This review is from: Epson LQ-590 Impact Printer (C11C558001) (Office Product)
it was well and nice package, arrived in good time and is being used, requirement where and sometime the box is way to big

1.0 out of 5 stars piece of junk, October 18, 2012
This review is from: Epson LQ-590 Impact Printer (C11C558001) (Office Product)
This piece of junk worked for less than 2 months. At 2 months, it got an updated driver which reset the "top of form" settings on the printer. At that point I could no longer adjust the top-of-form and the printer became completely worthless. It was outside of the 30 day warranty so I can't return it. Epson technical support wants me to drive 2 hours to drop it off at a service center, drive 2 hours back home, drive 2 hours back after it's fixed to pick it up, and then drive 2 hours back to my business to see if it's fixed. And what if it isn't? I've already got 8 hours in the car (that's if there's no traffic!) and I'd have to turn around go 2 hours back to the service center, back home, etc. all over again? What if it is fixed though...is it 2 months away from another driver update and another 8 hours in the car to take it to a service center? No way. Stay away from this piece of junk. Epson is digging in their heels. I'm going out back to go Office Space on this thing right after I order a different brand of printer.
The Amazon seller I bought it from (PCNation) has been very responsive and has helped me to get in touch with the Epson support team to try to resolve the issues, they would receive a better rating than 1 star, but the printer and the company that makes the printer are total garbage.

4.0 out of 5 stars job specific, March 28, 2009
Alex (Trinidad, West Indies) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson LQ-590 Impact Printer (C11C558001) (Office Product)
This printer is great for turning out text and numbers almost continuously.
If you need to print even basic graphics, get a bubble jet or laser printer.My very simple company logo is a fuzzy blob of dots.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, September 5, 2010
This review is from: Epson LQ-590 Impact Printer (C11C558001) (Office Product)
We print pin fed post cards and labels for our newspaper. The printer was easy to set up but the instruction manual was a little vague is some areas and it is not 100% supported by Windows 7 as of this date. You do not want to use the installation disk that comes with the printer. You must just plug it in then start your computer and then let windows 7 find the driver that it has and wants to use. There are some directions that tell you to go to the EPSON site and download the other features for Epson Status Monitor for windows 7 , but you will find that those do not exist on the Epson site, so don't waste your time looking for it. The printer has operated as I expected and did the job I wanted it to do, so I am satisfied with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great low cost forms printer, November 24, 2014
Nitin Mohabir (Georgetown, Guyana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson LQ-590 Impact Printer (C11C558001) (Office Product)
Very good forms printer from Epson, these are becomingly increasingly scarce these days and was lucky to find them on Amazon at a reasonable price. Used to print forms from an IBM i5 with client access emulation.

Epson LQ printers are a great option to the bigger Lexmark printers and you get similar compatibility at a cheaper cost. These have been working very well for the last three (3) months

4.0 out of 5 stars Epson 24pin printer, November 3, 2010
This review is from: Epson LQ-590 Impact Printer (C11C558001) (Office Product)
This printer is perfect for my office. I have to print 2 part, pin-fed checks for 3 hotels and the printer handles them with ease. I would have given it 5 stars, but I have to reset the top of form every time I want to print. It is a pain in the neck, but since everything else works great, I will continue to reset it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Best Choice, December 29, 2010
This review is from: Epson LQ-590 Impact Printer (C11C558001) (Office Product)
Finally had to replace my old (15+ years) Epson dot matrix printer. I purchased this model for function and price. I only print my personal checks on it so I expect it to last another 15 years. Set up was easy and printing is super fast. Works great, looks great and not too big a footprint.

Epson LQ-590 Impact Printer (C11C558001)
$399.00 $301.40