5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular & Plays With My PS3
Published on February 15, 2012 by S. Potter

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice projector but 1080p wireless didn't work for me
Over all the projector was great. I agree with most of the reviews on here and without wireless it worked flawlessly.

Published on February 24, 2012 by Joseph Tighe

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular & Plays With My PS3, February 15, 2012
This review is from: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010e, Full HD 1080p, 2D and 3D Home Theater Projector with Integrated Speakers and Wireless HD (V11H450020) (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had middling expectations for the PowerLite 3010e. Before the PowerLite, my experience with projectors was limited to business presentations, classroom use, and giant screen projection TVs (front and rear, HD and SD) of times gone by. So I had grown accustomed to washed out displays, shadows and bright spots, and a relatively narrow viewing radius. I am happy to report that, from the moment I hooked the PowerLite to my 3 year old laptop and streamed the New BBC Sherlock Holmes against a beige wall, it has consistently wowed and amazed me and everyone who has seen it's incredible display.

The Setup:

My primary setup, for the time being, consists of the PowerLite, an older PS3 "Fat", a pair of PlayStation 3 3D Glasses, and a homemade 80 inch wide screen, which cost me under $50.00 to build. (I'll outline how I built my screen in the comments.) Everything works splendidly together.

The HD Experience:

The Rango Blu-Ray (not 3D) was the first movie I put through the Epson. On my 80 inch screen it looked amazing. The picture was sharp, clear, rich with true colors, with an impressively wide viewing angle. There was no ghosting, no blur, no bright or dim spots, no stuttering, and no distortion. My primary TV is a great LG 42LD520 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV. The LG, with it's gorgeous 1080P display, though, is simply not the equal of the PowerLite. The sound pumping through the Powerlite's 10 Watt speakers was nowhere near as awe inspiring as that produced by my Onkyo TX-NR809 THX Certified 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver (Black) but it was more than adequate.

For that first movie, I used the included HDMI cable attached directly to the PS3. Even though the PS3 Fat is not an HDMI 1.4 machine, it worked beautifully. In fact, the PS3 automatically the 3D capabilities of the PowerLite and automatically configured the system.

Wireless HD Streaming & 3D

What sets this 3010e apart from the plain 3010, though, is it's ability to wirelessly stream HD content. And it streams perfectly. I plugged the included HDMI cable into the back of the PS3 then plugged it into the Epson transmitter and turned it on. I was once again amazed at how well it all worked. This time, though, I tried out some 3D content. Because I don't yet own a 3D movie I had to use the free Bon Jovi video from the PlayStation store. With the PlayStation glasses it was as if Bon Jovi was in my living room. It was amazing. I will be ordering more Playstation glasses because they work great and cost much less than the Epson 3D glasses.

Once everyone in my house visited with Bon Jovi, the 3D games began. For the moment that meant Super Stardust HD. The 3D effects were amazing. My kids were in heaven. Streaming wirelessly, there was zero lag. Non-HD games work beautifully, as well. Little Big Planet and God of War play spectacularly with no lag.

The 3010e is an amazing device. I have not explored all it's features. But it is incredibly easy to setup, relatively portable, wirelessly streams HD, 3D, and games, and completely transforms home entertainment. While dim or no lighting is the best display environment, it looks good in a room with ambient lighting one can read by. I have yet to integrate into my home theater system. If I have any issues I will report back. Oh, the remote works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A-MAZING, March 20, 2012
Debated and debated and debated. Was ready to purchase the 5010, but went with the 3010e and OMG am I happy. I purchased this for my LIVING ROOM - not a designated home theater. The room has tons of ambient light (sunlight) from windows. I purchased a Mustang 120'' electric screen as well. The picture quality is 100% incredible. There is NO loss from watching on any LCD or Plasma screen. I'll cover all the bases now as few have reviewed the E version.

Picture quality - A-Mazing (even at 120'' everything from sports, news, movies and more) shows awesome. The best way to see issues with projectors is text...there is NO issue with text...it looks AWESOME. No issue with sunlight in the room (and there is a lot) and it gets better at night.

E version - NO issue with delay - just plug in and go. The wifi connects fast and never shows any delay or break in the connection. I am MUCH happier that I went with the E version rather than run a long HDMI cable which was going to cost 100+ and the loss of signal over the long distance.

Setup - Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy - take out plug in and watch. One HDMI cord from the receiver to the E cord...turned on, focus the set and watching. Took all of 5 minutes.

Changing the color scheme - Out of the box it's awesome - I'm sure it could get better, just from the reviewers - but I'll bet the house that ever one of your friends and family watching it are going to say 'WoW'

So, would I buy this again....in a heartbeat.

Advice: Pair with an Onkyo 609 receiver (the best at video encoding) and Take Energy 5.0 speakers and add a separate 100 watt sub to it. Your house will be dialed in!

Friends are BLOWN away - so am I. Constantly telling my wife "you gotta see this" and "wow this is cool" and she's giving me high fives while we are watching movies.

Last: Amazon had the best price

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
3 Month update

Sports - Watching hockey and basketball - unreal....friends are calling me days before events asking to come over.

Movie - it's better than going to a movie theater. I honestly may never go to the theater again.

Regular TV shows - they look better

Xbox 360 and Wii - Playing Call of Duty - FAN-tastic!!!!! No lag and the view is amazing. Wii - a lot more fun than a reg. tv....like 1000 x's better.

Day time viewing (with LOTS of sun light in the room) dang good...as night comes...gets better...at night UNREAL!

Would I purchase again - YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

__________________________________________

8 Month Review

Love it - I can't believe that we are still amazed at the picture every time we turn it on. I thought we'd just get used to it...it's AWESOME.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice projector but 1080p wireless didn't work for me, February 24, 2012

My only issue is with the wireless transmitter. I connected the wireless transmitter to my receiver with the provided cable. It worked fine with resolutions 1080i and below. The projector said the wireless signal was at 100% so I know it was pointed in the correct direction and had a good signal. When I changed the resolution to 1080p it said "no signal". I've ben suspicious of my receiver's signal strength so I then hooked up a 50' hdmi cable to run to the projector and the projector was able to display the 1080p signal fine. I tried different sources (HDMI 720, 1080p and component) with different receiver settings (1080p up-sampling on and off) everything worked with the 50' cable. I then went back to the wireless transmitter, performed the same tests and again 1080p wouldn't work. By refreshing a bunch of times I finally got it to work on 1080p but when I powered everything down and back on again the problem with still there.

I personally didn't want to spend the time to fix the wireless so I'm returning this and getting the 8350. I see that other people didn't have any issues with the wireless so its posible that I just got a bad unit, but I don't want to spend the time to find out.

My recommendation is if you want 3D get the 3010 but if not the 8350 has a tilt shift lens which really improves the image quality when you can't perfectly physically align the projector and screen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, May 12, 2012
I bought this projector from Amazon and so far am pretty pleased with the projector

My observations so far -

1. Virtually Noiseless except for the slight stuttering noise when u r changing sources. Or in my case when i start a movie or a game in PS3

2. Very bright - especially in the living room mode. Ambient light is no problem though darkening the room will always improve the picture quality. Again its very good in ambient light

3. Pretty quick to start up.

4. Wireless HD works very nicely however it needs to be in the direct line of sight from the projector with no obstacles. When i change source on my Onkyo receiver, it takes some time to sync. Not a problem but you will definitely notice the time it takes to sync

5. Very Good 2d picture

6. 3D is pretty good but not as good when compared to the epson 5010. In isolation, it will really satisfy you but when you compare it against a 5010, you will find that there is scope for improvement But hey the 5010 costs almost 1300 dollars more.

7. Gaming - There is a bit of a lag which becomes noticable when u play any online multiplayer game. For instance, i had no problems playing virtua tennis 3 and uncharted 3 in campaign/solo mode even in 3d. But once you start playing against another person, the lag becomes really frustating/irritating. Same with FPS games.

After watching the 5010, i am in two minds. Maybe i will exchange it for a 5010e but its not available in Amazon (New).But for the price and quality combination, this projector value is unbeatable

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic purchase -- far exceeded my expectations, January 1, 2012
S.K. (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
I did my homework, realized that the 3010e is the one, and splurged to get it. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am with this purchase. High-quality from the start, and it worked flawlessly from the first power-on. You should see the projection on this thing -- it's crisp, clear as day, and literally breathtaking. You will not be sorry with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic projector, January 25, 2013
Love this purchase, it makes a great home theater. My kids are loving it. Would definitely recommend you buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is awesome!, January 17, 2013
As described and on time. Definitely plan on purchasing from this seller again. Thanks so much for the fast processing! As for the unit itself....definitely recommend one! It turned my apartment wall into a 196" TV!. Crystal clear picture and doesn't run hot even after hours of viewing. I cannot believe I didn't get one of these sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, Superb 3D and Features, January 8, 2013
For the price range we had in mind this was by far the best choice projector for someone looking for HD quality video and the desire for 3D content. The wireless option sold us hands down and I'm recommending this to everyone I know. I read the reviews and knew that the projector wouldn't come with glasses so I also purchased the Playstation 3D glasses which are great for the price, can't be beat. I also was happy to read the reviews about simply aiming this projector at our painted wall. We are currently building a new house and plan on taping off and painting our screen ourselves. If the image looks this good now, I can't wait to see how it will look in a few months. The quality of this projector all around is beyond our expectations. I actually think the 3D images look better than the HD simply because our flawed wall looks perfect while in 3D mode with our glasses on.

I'm surprised so many people have issues with the wireless capabilities. It really is plug and play. I'm starting to think that the other devices people are trying to connect is where their issues lie. We have connected a few items, but mainly our Sony Blu-Ray player. I hope that others who are considering buying this projector go with this wireless option.

Update 6/21/13: We're still as thrilled with our projector as day one. We painted a 160" screen with Sherwin Williams paint, pro smooth classic ultra white satin, and it's amazing. This projector is smart, works great, and can't be beat. Save money and go with the painted screen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Man Cavemania!!!, January 4, 2013
I've had this projector since February 2012 (so that I may give an accurate assessment/review on it). For the longest, I juggled between purchasing either a large LED/DLP TV or a 1080p projector. After viewing the videos on Youtube--one which displayed an image projected on the wall w/ no screen--I immediately knew this was the route to go! I didn't want to cut into my ceiling to run HD wiring so I went with the Epson 3010e. Clearly this was the best choice!!! I have my projector ceiling-mounted about 15ft. from my wall projecting a HD/IMAX theater-like image that is 10ft-11ft across (truly amazing)!!! Out the box the image looks good (very bright and the colors were not as vibrant as I'd like them). So I played with the color and even tweaked the line sharpness/clarity. The normal sharpness/clarity is scaled from 1 to 5 but there's an advanced setting ranging from 6 thru 20 which puts the image clarity/sharpness on par with that of DLP quality! I must admit, it looks good on Youtube but so much better seeing it in person! Even my wife--who clearly wanted me to purchase a LED/DLP TV instead--was sold after seeing this thing do what it can do! I even did a setup--with the brightness all the way up--which allows me to have all my lights on and still have a nice viewable image (which are CFL lights by the way). My Man Cave room is about 20ft x 17ft with the following setup:

+ Epson 3010e Projector (shining on the wall w/ no screen)
+ Yamaha RX-V571 BL Receiver
+ PS3
+ Direct TV HD Receiver
+ PSW-10 Subwoofer
+ (2) Sony SS-F6000 Floor Standing Speakers
+ (4) pair of Sony PS3 3D glasses

I use the 3010e speakers as my rear speakers (which by the way sound better than your normal LCD/LED TV speakers). My friends and neighbors were floored with amazement upon viewing it's image clarity/quality, the screen size, and that it was being viewed on my wall. The bulb life on this thing is 4000hrs. (when used in normal mode) and 5000hrs. (when used in ECO mode). Some even wondered why stores don't demo these like they do the LCD/LED/DLP TVs. The 2D looks amazing and the 3D looks slightly darker--because of the glasses--but just as good! However, no device is perfect. There are only two slight flaws that I've noticed:

- Auto Iris - if enabled, it allows your blacks to be viewed blacker. You can slightly hear the auto-iris adjusting between screen changes
- when switching between the PS3/HDTV it takes the wireless HD about 20-25 seconds to switch over (if you don't use the split-screen option)

In order to use the split-screen option--which built into the projector--one source must run thru audio/video connection and the other must be an HD connection (which is how I originally had mine setup before upgrading my cable box to HD). Overall, for the price, this thing is definately worth every penny!!!

** Note: If your walls have semi-gloss or gloss paint on them, you might want to purchase a screen. Flat wall paint is preffered (my house walls are all a flat Antique White). Other than that, trust me, you will not regret this purchase!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, January 2, 2013
Great product! Wireless and 3D works flawlessly! Nothing short of amazing! Got 4 pairs of Sony play station 3d glasses works great. Picture quality great as well, same as HDTV, not watch bluray movie on TV anymore! Highly recommend! However, need home theater stereo for the audio, the speakers on it not impressed.

Rate and Discover Movies