4.0 out of 5 stars Not quiet, but solid device.
Published on February 26, 2010 by P. Richter

3.0 out of 5 stars Not top of the line - but bang for your buck.
I have used a few different projectors for work purposes and recently had the need to get my own. Excitedly, I went for the cheapest Epson I could find, seeing as I have had good luck using other Epson projectors that have belonged to schools I've presented at.

Published on February 14, 2011 by Adam Bramwell

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quiet, but solid device., February 26, 2010
This review is from: Epson EX31 Multimedia Projector (Office Product)
This projector works great; easy set up, clear picture, simple controls, and even easy keystone adjustment. The one thing I didn't expect was to hear it. If you're getting it for powerpoint presentations, it may be a little loud. I use it for videos so the volume of the video overpowers the projector, but I was disappointed because I do also use it in a small classroom setting where it would be nice if I couldn't hear it. I don't know Dbs, but it's louder than I had hoped. The Decibals weren't listed in the specs. That would've been nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great!, March 11, 2010
This review is from: Epson EX31 Multimedia Projector (Office Product)
This thing works great so far! It does not require much space to throw a huge image on the wall. We use it to work with text, and it is very clear. Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price a good buy, July 20, 2010
This review is from: Epson EX31 Multimedia Projector (Office Product)
We use it for backyard movies. Works great. The bulb went out after about 2 hrs use and Espon was very quick to replace it. This not top of the line. Great for what we use it for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not top of the line - but bang for your buck., February 14, 2011
This review is from: Epson EX31 Multimedia Projector (Office Product)

The EX31 is definitely not one of those high-end ones you might see in a normal office setting. That said, it is by all means superior to the similarly priced InFocus one I was using before.

My gripes:

- It's not as clear or as bright as I would like. Obviously, this is because it's not a ~$1000 model, and is merely a ~$400 model. That is to be expected.

- My only other complaint has to do with the USB hookup. Unlike other reviewers, it connected perfectly plug and play style to my Dell laptop. But, when I got behind the presentation and started, I found that some of my slide animations were choppy - while they aren't at all when using the VGA cable. So, it's not a PC/RAM issue - it's a USB cable issue.

All in all, this thing beats the pants off of my InFocus piece of junk I was using before. Would I get it again? If I was shooting for under a $500 budget projector, yes. If I was willing to spend a few hundred bucks more, I'd probably go a notch or few higher up the totem pole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to connect, excellent projection, October 25, 2010
This review is from: Epson EX31 Multimedia Projector (Office Product)
This projector exceeded our expectations in ease of use and quality of the projection. We use it both with a PC and a Mac. The remote works well. We have not been able to access the more detailed instruction booklet so we don't know how to use anything but the basic functions.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to connect, September 22, 2010
This review is from: Epson EX31 Multimedia Projector (Office Product)
The Epson EX-31 was simple to connect with its USB jack. It's easy to shut off without a cool down. My training for others to use it is truly minimal. The image is great for use in church gatherings and can be easily adjusted for "keystoning". Very happy with the purchase. Good job Epson!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Projector for the Money!, August 31, 2011
This review is from: Epson EX31 Multimedia Projector (Office Product)
Overall this was an awesome projector. I bought it during Black Friday sale back in 2009 for $400, and must say it proved to be just about the best $400 I ever spent. The image quality is great, and though it's native resolution is only SVGA, I got it to process a 720p resolution from my XBOX which I would say definitely served for a nicer picture and all it required was a RGB to VGA cable I bought from amazon or ebay for like $15. The projector is very bright and has some useful picture adjusting features (IE. squeeze or shrink a single edge in case it is not square to a wall). Also, I found the speaker to be pretty quiet, I didn't even know it had one till I bought it. But I just plugged in some computer speakers into the 3.5 mm auxiliary jack which muted out the projectors speaker. Also, I should note that the plug-and-play feature, though it is useful, is not good to use with any sort of video media. It is very choppy as it is pushed over the USB cable, and slow to render whatever is on the screen. Works well with powerpoint presentations (so long as there isn't much animation)and text documents, etc. Super easy to setup as well.

Overall great picture for the money. I used it for about 500 hours before it was stolen from my apartment, but never had an issue with it during that time. Though you might also consider just jumping up to the EX51 (or 5200 for the newest model) as it has an HDMI port and a native resolution that actually supports 720p and has support for a USB thumbdrive (for stuff like picture viewing), whereas the EX31 only supports PC connectivity over USB.

4.0 out of 5 stars Epson EX31 Projector, October 15, 2010
This review is from: Epson EX31 Multimedia Projector (Office Product)
I have yet to get the projector to work with my laptop via the USB cable. My laptop is brand new. I checked it with two other laptops and it worked with one and not the other. I did get it to work with the VGA cable, which is better than nothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall a well-made product, December 12, 2013
Craig A. Kohn (WATERFORD, WI, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson EX31 Multimedia Projector (Office Product)
Reliable, simple to use, and overall a well-made product. We use it every night; it even works fairly well during the day as long as you close the blinds.

4.0 out of 5 stars JHH-Review, October 17, 2013
This review is from: Epson EX31 Multimedia Projector (Office Product)
Product arrive timely and packaged nicely. Hooked it up to a computer running Windows 7. Minor detail - had to download a driver in order to work. Works nicely.

Epson EX31 Multimedia Projector