Epson WorkForce 1100 Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer (C11CA58201)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Print standard-size documents,index cards,stationery or large spreadsheets with prints up to 13 x 19 inches
- This powerful performer boasts maximum print speeds of 30 ppm black/17 ppm color and laser quality speeds of 13 ppm black/5.5 ppm color
- Protect important documents with instant-dry ink for smudge,fade and water resistant prints,highlighter-friendly too
- You can save up to 50% of your paper supply with manual,two-sided printing
- Dual Black ink cartridges included
- High-capacity black,cyan,magenta and yellow ink cartridges available
- Wide-format prints
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
One printer for everyday projects, large-size prints and more
The WorkForce 1100 makes it easy to take on any task. Print standard–size documents, index cards, stationery or large spreadsheets. Delivering prints up to 13" x 19", this versatile performer gives you the flexibility to print virtually any project. And, you can print photos on either matte or glossy paper. The choice is yours!
Professional quality without compromise
Print proposals with crisp, sharp text and brochures with professional quality color. With the WorkForce 1100, you always get exceptional quality, without sacrificing speed. This powerful performer boasts maximum print speeds of 30 ppm black/17 ppm color and laser quality speeds of 13 ppm black/5.5 ppm color. And, it delivers laser quality black text up to 2x faster than leading competitive ink jet printers.1
Protect important documents
While many competitive inks often take several minutes to dry, prints made with instant–dry DURABrite® Ultra Ink allow you to share documents and photos immediately after printing. Prints are smudge, fade and water resistant. And, they’re highlighter friendly too. Now, it’s easier than ever to protect important documents.
Smart ink system
Individual ink cartridges give you better control over ink usage. Replace only the cartridge you need. The WorkForce 1100 comes with dual Black cartridges,3 so you can print more and change cartridges less often. Best of all, with DURABrite Ultra Ink, only one set of cartridges is necessary to print top quality documents or photos. There’s no need to spend additional money on optional photo inks. And, high–capacity cartridges are available to accommodate high–volume printing needs.
Save energy, save paper
Saving is easy with the WorkForce 1100 — you save money and paper. In fact, with manual, two–sided printing,2 you’ll save up to 50% of your paper supply. And, you’ll save energy too because the ENERGY STAR® qualified WorkForce 1100 uses up to 70% less power than a laser printer.4
Product protection you can count on
The WorkForce 1100 comes with a 1–year limited warranty, which includes quick product exchange, so you can rest easy knowing you have dependable service and support. And, when you register your product, you get access to an exclusive web site for business templates, "how–to" tutorials, other useful resources, and exclusive offers.
Advanced MicroPiezo® print head technology
Exclusively from Epson, advanced MicroPiezo print head technology, ensures sharp, accurate ink placement, while optimizing print speeds. With "smart" nozzles, this powerful technology delivers droplets in as many as 5 sizes, some as small as 3 picoliters. So, you get laser quality text – fast! And, each print is made to last.
Be more informedThe new international ISO print speed standard
Print speed is critically important when buying a printer or all-in-one. But how do you compare print speeds when different manufacturers measure in different ways? Now you can. Much like the "MPG" ratings on new cars, there's now a new industry standard for measuring print speed, which allows for an "apples-to-apples" comparison between different printer models and brands. The International Organization for Standardization (widely known as ISO) developed this industry approved and internationally accepted standard, specifically for ink jet printers and all-in-ones. It measures "out of the box" (default) print speeds using "real world" printing scenarios, so you can be sure you're getting a product that performs at the speed you need.
- Get more done — up to 2x faster than leading competitive ink jets, when printing laser quality text1
- Wide–format prints — view every detail with large prints up to 13" x 19"
- Speed through critical documents — maximum print speeds of 30 ppm black/17 ppm color; laser quality speeds of 13 ppm black, 5.5 ppm color (letter size)
- Protect important documents — instant–dry ink for smudge, fade and water resistant prints; highlighter–friendly too
- One printer for everyday projects, large–size prints and more — print index cards, documents, stationery and spreadsheets
- Dependable — engineered for reliable paper feeding
- Individual ink cartridges — replace only the color you need
- Print more, change cartridges less often — Dual Black ink cartridges included,3 High–capacity Black, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow ink cartridges available
- Save energy — uses up to 70% less power than a laser printer4
- Save paper — save up to 50% of your paper supply with manual, two–sided printing2
- Product protection you can count on — 1–year limited warranty; access to exclusive templates, tutorials and offers with product registration
- Weight and Dimensions (WxDxH) — Weight: 26.3 lb, Storage: 24.3" x 12.7" x 8.5", Printing: 24.3" x 31.4" x 16.4"
|Recommended Supplies|| |
Epson Ink Supplies
What’s in the Box
WorkForce 1100 color ink jet printer, instruction manual, CD–ROM with drivers and bonus software, power cord, 5 DURABrite Ultra ink cartridges: two 68 High–capacity Black ink cartridges, three 68 High–capacity color ink cartridges: 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, 1 Yellow
WorkForce products — Engineered for business
Show the world what your business is made of with WorkForce, Epson’s exclusive line of printers and all–in–ones that are engineered for better business productivity. Get laser quality output at laser fast speeds for prints that reflect your success.
- Uses up to 70% less power than a laser printer4
- Save up to 50% of your paper supply2 with manual, two–sided printing
- ENERGY STAR qualified
- Designed to be recyclable5
- Printing black text in default mode compared to ink jet printers priced at $129 or less as of January 2009.
- Some applications and/or functions, like two-sided printing, may not be supported by Mac.®
- Two Black cartridges allow about twice as much black printing as compared to printing with a single Black cartridge.
- Compared to the best selling monochrome and color multifunction laser printers available for $499 or less as of January 1, 2009. Actual power savings will vary by printer model and usage.
- See our website for convenient and reasonable recycling options at www.epson.com/recycle
Epson and MicroPiezo are registered trademarks, Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark and Better Products for a Better Future is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. DURABrite and WorkForce are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2009 Epson America, Inc. 7/01
|This Product Is ENERGY STAR® Qualified|
Products that earn the ENERGY STAR prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy--plus they help us all save money while making a difference. Find out more about ENERGY STAR.
Top Customer Reviews
Understanding the limitations of a four-color printer, I was still disappointed with and ultimately returned this printer. Its failings, in my experience, can be summarized by two phrases: "ink-sucking" and "clog-o-rama."
For years, I nursed along a series of ancient Epson 740 printers, which--when they worked--produced remarkably smooth and bright output on any paper. The 740 is a scrappy, hardworking printer, but its printhead was prone to clogging frequently and randomly, and cannot be user replaced. Running the print driver's head-cleaning routine sucked a lot of ink and didn't always work, but by using refilled ink cartridges I was still able to print for about one-fifth the cost of people using newer printers. Unfortunately, the 740s eventually all gave up the ghost and it was time to buy a replacement.
I'd been wanting large-format output on my next printer for a long time, and the Workforce 1100 fulfilled not only that requirement (and my four-color preference) but had a very reasonable purchase price.
This large printer has a solid, sturdy feel for the price, and installation of its software on OS X went quickly and smoothly.Read more ›
Is this printer for everyone? Definitely not. First it's big (although not as large as a wide format laser), so those with tight space may want to think about whether they really need to print on paper wider than 8.5 inches. It also lacks a network interface, so it must be tethered to a computer or a compatible third party print server.
Epson is not marketing this product as a photo printer. While the image quality of the 1100 is excellent, those looking for wide format photos should consider a photo printer designed for that purpose. Photos will print on the 1100, but there are better printers on the market that will produce more vibrant photo prints.
The Workforce 1100 is great, however, for businesses looking for a little more flexibility in the size of prints they can make without having to invest in expensive hardware and consumables.
1. As fast as an entry level to mid-range laser printer.
2. Excellent print quality.
3. Uses standard epson ink cartridges.
4. Very reasonably priced.
1. It is disappointing that a printer marketed to business lacks network connectivity.
2. Not designed for photo printing.
3. USB cable is not included.
4. Mac Snow Leopard users will need to download device driver software before installing.
I tested it with Inkpress Fine Art Rag Cool Tone, 300 gsm, 24 mil, Double Sided, 13 x 19, (25 sheets) and two other Inkpress stocks. The results are amazing. The old saying may advise, "Don't judge a book by it's cover," but my books look utterly fantastic.
The 1100 handles up to 13 inch wide stock, so you can use the large 13x19 sheets if you need. That's big enough to print full-bleed 12x12 scrapbook pages, if you have scrapbookers in the family. In my case, I can create a full-bleed cover for an 8.5x11 inch book by using the 13x19 stock and trimming the edges after printing. Alternatively, you can use the same 13x19 paper to create full-bleed tabloid brochures, or even full-bleed data sheets (cut into two 8.5x11 pages).
The printer uses separate ink cartridges, which saves money. You don't toss out yellow and magenta ink when the cyan ink is gone.
Overall, a great printer if you want large format inkjet output. But you should be cautious that the paper stock you use measures up to the printer's capability:
We like the results with Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper for photos and glossy single sided materials. If you are creating covers, brochures or data sheets, invest in a heavier stock. Your document just won't feel right on regular office paper stock. In general, the larger the sheet, the heaver it needs to be to to not feel flimsy. I strongly recommend against using regular office paper for 11x17 printing, unless presentation and feel just don't matter.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased my unit back in 2011 from OfficeMax when I saw it on sale for a price I couldn't refuse. The printer works great and the colors are amazing. Read morePublished 2 months ago by mcrenegade
absolutely the worst printer i've ever purchased. despite regular maintenance, it repeatedly has inexplicable paper feeding issues, making most print jobs impossibly tedious, if... Read morePublished 3 months ago by C. Kolding
Owned this thing for 4 years - first year, great. Consumes a lot of ink but for that first year I rarely needed to clean the heads. Read morePublished 4 months ago by kgs
This thing is a piece of junk. All we use it for is to print black and white plans and it is nothing but problems highly recommend looking elsewherePublished 7 months ago by jacob
I have two printers. One is an HP and the other is this one. The HP is flawless and a workhorse. This printer is the biggest nightmare imaginable. Read morePublished 10 months ago by James J. Connell
This printer is a real workforce! I've abused it, over printed, plugged a continuous flow ink system into it, bumped it and it still worked for several years! Read morePublished 11 months ago by J Howard
I am a screen printer and bought this printer as an inexpensive backup to the finicky R1900 I use to make film positives. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Bradly R. Moss