The world's fastest two-sided printing All-in-One packed with intelligent and resource-saving features such as two-sided printing, scanning, copying and faxing, 500-sheet paper capacity, and easy wireless network connectivity. When you're on the go, print directly from smartphones and other mobile devices.
From the Manufacturer
WorkForce® 840 All-in-One
The World’s Fastest All-in-One¹
|WHY BUY? |
World's fastest two-sided printing All-in-One¹. Packed with intelligent and resource-saving features such as two-sided printing, scanning, copying and faxing, 500-sheet paper capacity, and easy wireless network connectivity. When you're on the go, print directly from smartphones and other mobile devices.
What the press is saying:
| || “Speed, user friendly features, instantly drying ink, wireless capabilities all in one affordable machine made the [WorkForce] 840 by Epson our top pick. Its ability to work like it was designed for a mid-sized company coupled with a price and size that’s suitable for a home office ensured that the [WorkForce] 840 earned every bit of our praise.” L.D. Ray, Bestcovery, (April 28, 2011)|
| || Epson WorkForce 840 Receives Editor's Choice and 4 out of 5 Rating from CNET|
"The Epson WorkForce 840 produces outstanding print quality in record time and offers an abundance of workhorse features, including autoduplexing, wireless networking, support for mobile printing, and easy setup for both USB and network connections." CNET 04/19/2011
| || “I like this AIO. It is fast, reliable, easy to use, and affordable, coming in at $200 less than the [HP DeskJet Pro 8500 Premiere]*. We heartily recommend the Epson WorkForce 840 as a suitable all-in-one device, and we are awarding it the SmallBizWindows Superstar award.” John Obeto, AbsolutelyWindows, (April 11, 2011).|
| || "[The WorkForce 840 is] fast, offers two paper trays, an automatic document feeder and duplex printing, and a fax, scanner, and copier. Wi-Fi b/g/n networking is built in, and multiple memory-card slots are located on the front of the machine. It's a good step up from the WorkForce 635 as it offers multiple paper trays..." About.com, (January 2011).|
| || “The WorkForce 840 produces great-looking prints, scans, and copies without a lot of time-consuming tweaking. It has all the features that busy small offices and workgroups need to produce high-quality documents, and it performs most functions as fast as, or faster than, most of its competitors.” Computer Shopper, (February 2011).|
| || "The new Epson WorkForce 840 is a step up from previous Epson all-in-ones, including higher paper capacity, higher ink cartridge capacity, and faster automatic duplexing speed. The ISO (laser quality) print speed is 9.3ppm in color and 15ppm in black. Its duplex printing speeds are 7.4ppm and 5.4ppm in black and color, respectively. Those are fast print speeds for a small office." Better Buys for Business, (January 2011).|
World's fastest all-in-one!¹
One-sided — 15 ISO ppm (black), 9.3 ISO ppm (color)†
Two-sided — 7.4 ISO ppm (black), 5.4 ISO ppm (color)†
Print up to 1000 pages
Built-in 500-sheet paper capacity; print up to 1000 pages two-sided without reloading paper³
Automatic, two-sided copies
Easily copy, scan and fax stacks of two-sided documents with the built-in Auto Document Feeder
Extra High-capacity inks!
Get up to 2x more prints², which means you can print more and replace cartridges less often
Laser quality black text
Print professional quality proposals and brochures with crisp, sharp text
Instant-dry inks, water resistant prints
Don’t wait for ink to dry — DURABrite® Ultra Ink is ideal for fast, two-sided printing because the ink dries instantly and is smudge and water resistant
WiFi CERTIFIED™ n4
Can deliver up to 2.5 times the performance of the previous 802.11g
High quality, color graphics
Rich, vibrant colors for professional looking brochures, reports and documents
†What is ISO ppm?
ISO ppm is based on the new international standard for measuring print speed. Black and color print speeds are determined in default, single-side mode in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Black and color two-sided print speeds are determined in two-sided mode in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for details, including complete ISO reports.
| ADDITIONAL FEATURES/BENEFITS |
- Save paper — save up to 50% of your paper supply with automatic, two-sided printing
- 7.8" smart touch panel — lights up only the buttons you need; includes a 3.5" LCD
- Sharp documents — laser-quality black text delivers crisp, high quality proposals and brochures
- Individual ink cartridges — replace only the color you need
- 30-page Auto Document Feeder — quickly copy, scan and fax one or two-sided originals
- PC-Fax — fax documents directly from your computer7
- Front USB port — insert thumb drive and upload files directly to your PC
- High-speed faxing in black and color — as fast as 3 sec per page; speed dial storage up to 60 numbers; fax memory up to 180 pages
- Instant-dry inks — smudge, fade and water resistant prints; documents rival those from a laser printer
- Save energy — uses up to 70% less power than laser printers8
- Packaging Specifications (W x D x H) — Dimensions: Printing 17.6" x 22.3" x 12.0", Storage 17.6" x 14.5" x 11.8" and Weight 22.0 lb.
| WHAT'S IN THE BOX |
- WorkForce 840 All-in-One Printer
- Instruction manual
- CD-ROM with drivers and bonus software
- Free sample paper pack
- Power cord
- Telephone cord
- DURABrite Ultra Ink cartridges:
- Four 127-series Extra High-capacity ink cartridges: Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow
|EPSON INK SUPPLIES|
- 127 DURABrite Ultra Black ink cartridge, Extra High-capacity (T127120)
- 127 DURABrite Ultra Black ink cartridge (Dual Pack) Extra High-capacity (T127120-D2)
- 127 DURABrite Ultra Cyan ink cartridge, Extra High-capacity (T127220)
- 127 DURABrite Ultra Magenta ink cartridge Extra High-capacity (T127320)
- 127 DURABrite Ultra Yellow ink cartridge, Extra High-capacity (T127420)
- 127 DURABrite Ultra Color MultiPack, Extra High-capacity (T127520)
| || |
- Uses up to 70% less power than laser printers8
- Save up to 50% on paper with automatic, two-sided printing/copying/faxing
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Designed to be recycled9
- Epson America, Inc. is a SmartWaySM Transport partner10
† ISO/IEC 24734 is a new international standard for measuring print speed. Black and color print speeds are determined in default, single-side mode in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Black and color two-sided print speeds are determined in two-sided mode in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for details, including complete ISO reports.
1 Fastest in its class; printing black text in default, two-sided mode, in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Compared to ink jet all-in-ones priced at $299 or less, as of August 2010, based on independent testing.
2 Get about two times more prints per cartridge compared with Epson’s 126 Black ink cartridge.
3 Print up to 1000 sides of paper (500 pages – double-sided), using the double-sided print feature.
4 Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n certified; level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Visit www.wi-fi.org/files/11nbasics_glossary.pdf for more information.
7 For sending faxes only.
8 Compared to the best-selling monochrome and color multifunction laser printers available for $499 or less as of January 1, 2009. Actual power savings will vary by product model and usage.
9 See our website for convenient and reasonable recycling options at www.epson.com/recycle
10 SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.
Epson and Better Products for a Better Future are registered trademarks, and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. DURABrite and WorkForce are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2010 Epson America, Inc. 10/10