5.0 out of 5 stars Easy-to-use printer, except for the size
This is a great little printer - set up was a breeze, and I can automatically print to it using Google Print from anywhere on my iPad (I've even sent things to it from school to home). I love the quality of the prints that come out (to me, comparable to the Epson Artisan 1430 Wireless Wide-format Color Inkjet Printer (C11CB53201) that I also reviewed for Vine. It's also...
Published on April 19, 2012 by redhedhs

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment.
Amended review after a few months of use:

In some respects this is a very capable printer/scanner/multi-function unit, but for me, it's a constantly irritating choice. If it's the best you can hope for, it's not the best. I ended up purchasing a Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II printer to handle the deficiencies of the Epson unit. Together they get the job done...
Published on October 3, 2012 by A. Khosla

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 528 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a difficult connection, but otherwise Wow..., March 8, 2013
This review is from: Epson WorkForce WF-7510 Wireless All-in-One Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax (C11CA96201) (Office Product)
I decided to just hook up via USB cable only for now. Spent hours trying to figure it out. (I know, what could be easier?).

Well I could copy and print but I kept getting a message that I wasn't connected to the computer when I tried to scan. I really purchased it for it's scanning capability and large format.

Long story-short, after being told from India that the phones were backed up and to call back later, I got in touch thru a different number (in the states, I believe)and we proceeded to download files from the Epson Website after removing the same files (I'd already downloaded from the CD)from my computer. After almost two hours on the phone the process failed to help and I was turned over to a different tech who fixed the problem on my computer in about 5-10 minutes.

Bottom line - despite the set-up hassle, I love this thing. i had two HP Office Ink Jets that lasted a total of almost 20 years (at a cost of $700+ each)that were great. this is ALL that and much faster. I printed out a 35 page full color brochure for the bride this am and it took about 3 minutes. (It would have been hours on her little printer).

The Scans are awesome and so are color and B&W copies. I'm a FAN...

5.0 out of 5 stars System works flawless with my MBP!, February 21, 2013
First off, this thing is no joke! I always am a stickler for the "top of the line" products, and yup, this is it. I bought this in preparation for school coming up and boy, can I tell you, it's a hoss! The size is huge, but the features are immaculate and will provide everything I need all in one system, as advertised. The setup took me only about 20 minutes, and was very simple with the directions that it came with. Very straight forward. This system DOES come with ink cartridges already by the way! I wish I would have known that or read more into it, because I dropped over $70-$80 on the extra cartridges that I might as well hold onto. Shipping also came very expedient, I no joke just ordered this thing 2 days ago and got it in no questions asked, set up and running. Couldn't be any more happier with this setup! Thanks Amazon and Epson!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Scanner That Prints Too, January 31, 2013
Robert A. Marvin (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this Printer/Scanner combo mainly for scanning the 11X14 B&W gelatin silver prints that I make from medium format film in my darkroom. I have never been entirely happy with scans of my negatives because I don't see them as a true representation of my prints, which are my finished product. The WF7510 produces brilliant scans from my prints, which will be perfect for web posting.

The printer part seems to work fine for ordinary documents. I have not used it to print photographs and do not intend to do so very much--I might occasionally make a color print from one of the utilitarian photographs I take with my DSLR. I will use this for ordinary printing; the WF-7510 is so large that I can't also fit my old printer in my workspace.

The copy function also seems to work well, and is a nice bonus; I do not intend to ever use the FAX function.

The machine was rather difficult to completely set up as the disk that comes with it cannot be used with OS X 10.7 and you're supposed to download the necessary software from the Epson web site. Not all software downloaded automatically--the automated set up was supposed to include everything. but only actually downloaded the printer driver. A few phone calls to Epson tech support were needed to manually download Epson Scan and other software needed for scanning. Epson had no idea how to obtain an OS X 10.7 version of the AABBY Finereader text recognition software that was listed as being included, but ABBY tech support told me how to download it from Epson's site. Epson should have known about this, but it was the only instance where their tech support let me down.

I should add that I set up and will use this machine via a USB2 cable. I only use it with a desktop iMac and have no need for a wireless connection, so I can't comment about that feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with a mac, January 8, 2013
I wanted a multi function printer that would work will with a mac. This one fit the bill and was very easy to set-up.

Most of the time was spent unboxing this thing and waiting for the first ink charge to take then to set-up and configure the software on the printer and laptop. I set it up via wireless. Never plugged in a USB cable.

Only two things to note for mac users:
1) You need to download the latest software from Epson do not use the CD that comes with it....

2) All the multi-functions work with the mac. The only thing you do not get that a PC user gets is initiating scanning from the printer. You have to start a scan by clicking the button in your scanning software on you computer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, July 25, 2012
I have had this printer for about four months now and am happy with it so far despite a couple of minor annoyances. Specifically:

- Setup is easy, and I got the printer connected to the wireless with no trouble, even without a USB cord (which they recommend), although the diagrams in the manual are useless. For a 20-something I'm not particularly tech-savvy but still found it quick and relatively painless.

- It has a nice, intuitive control panel with buttons rather than a touch screen, and which can be tilted up for convenience.

- It is very quick to turn on or wake up when needed. If I leave it on, I can just send stuff to print from the other room and it will do so with minimal lag time.

- I've been happy with the quality of the printing and copying, including in draft. For a tabletop printer, it works quickly and it uses the document feeder without jamming. I've also had no trouble with its wireless connection and have never needed to use a USB to get the printer and computer to recognize each other.

- Although it claims to scan wirelessly, it actually requires either a USB cord or memory stick whenever I try to scan (apparently there is some way to get around this, but I haven't figured it out yet). The scans are good quality. Figuring out how to get things aligned properly is not completely intuitive but I was able to work it out.

- Photo printing is very good for a multifunction printer (although not quite up to what a photo printer would give you, obviously). The software for printing photos from your computer is very intuitive and makes it easy to, for instance, print multiple photos on the same page.

- Using the Epson iPrint app, it also prints from an iPhone. All I had to do was download the app, choose the printer (which it recognized right away), and printing webpages or photos from my phone is super easy. The downside is that they print slowly and use a lot of ink. The app also lets users check ink levels from the iPhone.

- It comes with three separate color ink cartridges, rather than one multicolor. I haven't had to replace them yet, but will update once that happens.

- The paper tray is a little less accessible than I would like. It's directly under the output tray, so if you need to open it partway through a job, you have to fold up the output tray to get into it. There is only one paper tray and it holds about half a ream of paper.

- It is big, as many others have mentioned.

- I've had no jams or other problems so far.

Overall, I've been very pleased with the printer, especially compared to the terrible cheap ones I've had before (I have bad luck with printers). It is easy to use and works as it's supposed to. I will update if it starts to cause trouble later, but as of right now I would certainly recommend to those looking for a low-drama all-in-one device.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Honeymoon is Over, September 21, 2014
I bought this printer in September of 2013 for school use. I'm a graphic design student, so owning a good quality, wide format printer is a must. At first I was really impressed with this printer. The colors were nicely saturated and the prints were sharp and clear. I also found that when printing double sided pages they lined up perfectly, which isn't always the case with printers. The scanner on top was also especially nice, scanning very high resolution images.

There were some downsides. First of all, the printer drank ink. I've never had to change cartridges as often as I did with this printer. I print wide format on 13 x 19 pretty exclusively for class, and I'd estimate I could only print about 30 before having to buy more cartridges. And yes, I was always using the 'ultra high capacity' 127s.

Second, the alignment and head cleaning had to be done fairly regularly, otherwise nice white gaps would appear in the prints. This would happen seemingly out of the blue.

Third, borderless printing would often leave smears and smudges of black ink around the edges of the print. Printing on envelopes would also cause this problem every single time. I don't know why this printer hates envelopes so much. I ran through a package of 30 envelopes and ended up making only 3 that were usable.

But the nail in the coffin happened tonight. When changing the print cartridges, the printer hung up on the ink charging phase, and began to give the error "Printer error. Turn power off and then on again. For details, see your documentation or visit Epson.com." I tried everything I could think of to fix it and nothing worked. I have two projects to turn in tomorrow that now I cannot print, so needless to say I'm a bit upset. On top of that, my 1 year warranty expired 8 days ago. I find that a bit too close to call it coincidence.

Overall, this was a decent printer for the price, especially for being wide format and having the scanner. However, I will not be fooled into purchasing it a second time. My recommendation is that this only be purchased for very light use, if purchased at all. Other students in my graphic design program are using Canon Pixmas of various models, and they are all still getting stunning print results from printers that haven't died.

2.0 out of 5 stars P.I.T.A (Pain in the... ) but nice quality print, July 22, 2013
This is an affordable, wide format with nice quality print. No complaints there.

Complaint 1. To print envelopes and different sized papers, you must remove the paper tray, and remove all existing paper. There is no feeding slot or other alternative way to insert paper. This is something I would expect from any printer.

Complaint 2. This printer jams EASILY--and sometimes insists there is a paper jam, even when there isn't one. You must do what it says anyway--remove the back of the printer--to act like you're removing a non-existent jam :(

Complaint 3. The printer sometimes refuses to print if one of the color cartridges needs to be replaced--even in black or grayscale. When I was out of yellow, it gave me the option to print in black alone. However, when I was out of red ink, I couldn't even print in black or grayscale. It ABSOLUTELY REFUSES TO PRINT in black ink AT ALL. :'(

I am starting to hate it, except it makes beautiful pictures and posters.

Update: the printer is starting to feed multiple sheets of paper, then jam. This gets costly because it messes up three or four sheets at a time... I'm going to contact Epson to see what they suggest. What a shame.

1.0 out of 5 stars If only I could get it to copy without a fight!, December 17, 2012
Initially we thought this was a great deal, however neither my husband or myself can figure out how to copy anything without fighting with the settings. You cannot make a regular copy using the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) without it having to put a border around it. Then, if I try to just lay the paper on the scanning bed, it keeps trying to enlarge the paper, even after I've changed the settings over & over again! I'm not sure if this is all of them or something is wrong with ours?!
I'm very technically savy & use a much more complex printer at work that I can do anything with. For some reason, this printer has me so frustrated!
It does print nicely from the computer, however the ink ran out incredibly fast. We had to replace the black cartridge after only a small amount of use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Initial impression proved very wrong, March 20, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Physical set up was fairly easy for my husband. The hardest part was moving it since it's really big and heavy. The fact that it's wireless is nice for our cramped office. I don't have to put it next to the computer for it to work. That would have created a major space problem. Our Mac recognized it over the network very quickly.

The CD-ROM with the drivers was defective. And the web site was difficult to navigate. Otherwise, setup wasn't too difficult.

I like that each color is it's own cartridge. I don't have to buy a whole new thing if only one runs out. That's a big deal. They were easy to put into the printer. They seem small, but I may just not realize how little ink it really takes to print. I'm a bit anxious about what they'll cost to replace. Hopefully my store will have them.

We ran a test print and it was fairly fast. Quality is good. Copier was fast too with equally good quality. The colors in a copy were a bit muted, but pretty close. It's loud, but that's not unexpected.

Something I really like is that the button panel (with a lot of buttons...) flips up for easier viewing. It's going to take a little getting used to, but all in all, I'm quite happy with it.

Today (two days later) I went to make copies for my son's class work. I cannot figure out how to lay the pages on. No matter where I place them, I only get half the page copied. And it's the same half no matter how I turn the paper. Then it started pulling multiple pages of paper. Then..,the screen said I had a paper jam. After finagling the heavy thing so I could get into the bavk panel, there was no jam and I had to turn the machine all the way off to get the screen cleared to copy again. Still only getting half the page though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Constant unclearable paper jam error messages make the printer unuseable, April 30, 2014
The printer is 7 months old yet I get an unclearable paper jam error - with no paper jam - 9 times out of 10, making the printer all but unusable. May have to buy a whole new printer, less than a year after buying this one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 528 | Next ›