5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent All-Around MFP
First, a response: while the very cynical 1-star review is correct about there being a paper-size limitation in tray/cassette 2, the choices are A3, A3+, US B (11x17), Letter, Legal, and A4! I think practically everyone will use at least one of those paper sizes with this printer, and they can be put there. Tray/cassette 1 of course supports the full complement of paper...
Published on February 25, 2012 by firewater231

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Frustrated
I am a musician who deals with some over sized scores so I need a large format printer and scanner. That leaves all of about two options unless you pay upwards of $5-600 which is out of my budget. I have had my printer out for a sum total of 72 hours and my auto document feeder jams on the first page (haven't gotten it to do even a single full page of any job so far...
Published on November 25, 2012 by Romanos

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this printer, February 8, 2014
Gabriel Febres (sudbury, ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson WorkForce WF-7520 Wireless All-in-One Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer, Scanner, Copier, Fax (C11CB58201) (Office Product)
I have had a WF-7520 for over a year, less than two years. I worked well in my wireless network until now.
The front panel screen went blank, so I can't use the menu at all.
Epson support just told me I should buy another printer because fixing the small LCD display would cost me more than a new printer.
If the Epson printer is not good enough to last even two years, why should I buy an Epson again?. This is not a cheap printer, Epson should have real support.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, January 17, 2013
SEE UPDATES BELOW

Original Comment: This is the most frustrating machine I have ever purchased. I have been using it for 4 months and cannot believe how awful it is.

The paper jams constantly. When I clear the jam, the machine usually needs to be powered down in order for it to recognize that there is no longer a jam.

The print quality is very poor. Even using the highest quality setting, the lines are blurred and it is very difficult to read very small print. Color quality is poor. Photos are dull and dim.

Plus, there is no manual feed for printing. I haven't figured out how to easily print an envelope.

My old HP printer does a much better job in print quality and I rarely have paper jams. I will be reverting back to my old printer today. I need the wide-format printer, though, so I will be shopping again for something made by HP.

February 25, 2013. UPDATE. I finally decided that my machine had to be defective. I contacted Epson and to my amazement, the machine failed and would not function when the technician asked me to perform simple maintenance functions. I received a refurbished replacement within 7 days and just hooked it up. I will run for a couple of weeks and then update. I am hoping to be able to improve my rating. We shall see.

October 2013 UPDATE. I upgraded my rating to 3 stars today! My replacement works very well, especially after a firmware updated that was released in March (which fixes an auto answer issue when shared with a voice line). There are three issues that could be improved. 1) No manual paper feed - printing envelopes is a pain. 2) Economy print setting is blurry and not easy to read - Normal setting is the lowest possible print setting to actually use. 3) Paper tray seems to function best with heavier weight paper (over 20 lbs), which costs a little more. Overall, this is a decent printer in this price range that prints 11 x 17 paper. Worth the $$ if you need the larger format printer.

April 2014 UPDATE. I have finally HAD IT with this machine. Paper jams with almost every print, and while I am talking on the telephone, the fax machine picks up for some reason and disconnects my call. I thought that problem was fixed with a previous firmware update, but it's BACK! This printer is best for target practice. Don't waster your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works well and Perfect with large format, July 2, 2013
I purchased this printer after having used the Japanese version in Japan for over a year. Things I like about it:

Two trays. Having one tray constantly filled with letter-size paper while I can fill the other with photo paper is great. I do wish the second tray could handle the smaller photo papers sizes well, but it hasn't been too much of an issue.

Large format printing. This can handle up to 13x19. If you haven't printed a nice close-up photo of a loved one on Epson Premium SEMI-Gloss 13x19 photo paper, you haven't seen the potential of having such a nice printer.

ADF - Automatic Document Feeder. When I need several copies of something, I just put it in the top, hit copy and it does the rest.

Remote printing. I had a friend living far away send a photo to the printer through Epson Connect. Worked very well, although I know this won't be useful for many people.

Double Sided printed on Letter-size. Saves me a lot of paper when I have to print out websites to give to people for some reason.

AirPrint. I have many iOS devices and having this really cuts down on the number of steps I need to print things from an iPad or iPhone. It has saved me a few times when my normal computers were all not available.

Things it could use improvement on:
Allow small photo papers in the bottom tray, or at least allow for the "Default" tray to be the second tray. Sometimes, depending on the situation, it will only print to the first tray. If I have a small photo paper in there, my document will only get printed on a 4x6 piece of photo paper, which is pretty unhelpful. A good example was when I set it up with Google Cloud print. It printed the printer test page, but I had 4x6 paper in the top tray and letter in the bottom. It printed from the first tray with just bits and pieces of the test page showing up on a 4x6 photo paper.

Be a little bit "smarter" about printing remotely. To use Epson Connect, the files you want to print have to attached to a email which is then sent to a special email address set up for the printer. It works great, but in the EpsonConnect settings, you can either set it to "document mode" or "Photo paper" mode. In document mode, it will print on whichever tray has letter paper set up. In Photo paper mode, it will print to the tray you specify containing the photo paper. This is good, but if I want to print a document and a photo, in document mode, the document will print on letter paper just fine, but the photo will print on the letter paper as well on a second page. I was hoping that it would be "smart" about the photo and print the document on letter paper, but the photo on the photo paper. Maybe it's just user error, but it would be nice if this were possible.

Overall, I love this printer. It works and it does what I want it to do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Much Trouble....., March 3, 2013
I've been using the WF-7520 for about 3 months & 2 of those months have been spent with Epson Service trying to work out glaring problems....

Prior to this, used a Canon MP780 (very good) & now a Canon MX892 (nice unit) which is light years ahead of the Epson in terms of friendly to use, intuitive, excellent software & NO MORE PROBLEMS!

Pros:
- Fast printing, rugged & good print cost

Cons:
- Prints doc's differently when using economy vs normal (adds add'l page) printing - Have to constantly redo the doc's prior to printing
- Will cut off client calls with the fax starting up on it's own when no fax was ordered - Can't recognize voice vs fax easily & is really annoying as this happened constantly - Epson told me this is a known problem & can do nothing about it
- Constantly has to reset itself during the work day, very noisy - The Canon printers don't do this
- Rings every time a client calls & no way to turn it off - I just want my phone system to ring, not my printer
- Difficult to print envelopes & can only print them from pull out tray 1 - No easy rear tray available for quick envelopes

There are many other reasons why I returned this all-in-one, however with the time spent trying to remedy it's flaws, I'm done talking about it and just wanted everyone to be aware - Good riddance....

1.0 out of 5 stars Built to last until the warranty runs out, March 4, 2014
This printer won me over at first as I had an epson a long time ago and it was great, and I was looking for a solid all-in-one that would be both affordable and print 11x17. Having two cassettes, one which I could use for letter and one for tabloid? Awesome. I was sold - as a an architect with a home office it should have been perfect. It was for about 4 months, then it went really bad.

Basically, 50% of jobs result in paper jambs now. And those that don't just waste paper. Imagine printing an 11x17, only to have 1 blank sheet come out, followed by a letter size sheet with the first 25% of your drawing, with the remaining 75% of the drawing on a tabloid sheet that you originally wanted the thing to print on. Anymore, I expect to go through three sheets of paper to print one. And I didn't even get through one set of ink cartridges before it all went bad.

Not bad at scanning. It faxes (who does that anymore?), but the printing and copying leaves a lot to be desired, at least after a while. Most positive reviews seem to be written right after the printer was bought, and most negatives come a few months later. This is not a coincidence. This printer had potential, but Epson had no interest in making it capable to lasting more than a year.

Seriously, save your money and avoid. I don't know if there's anything else in this category that's all that great, I just know that this printer isn't

4.0 out of 5 stars Print Heads Dry out very quickly, October 25, 2013
I got this printer to print Half red line sheets for an engineer in a remote office. They needed an All in One printer, scan ,fax to cover all the scanning and printing the Engineer needs to do when he worked on a project.

the good: It's Cheap... Really cheap, for a business printer cost per page and initial investment it is a bargain.
Good clean color prints (when the heads are clean)
prints on very wide paper. the engineer needed this so he could print on ledger paper.
Ink is cheap REAL cheap. So even this low volume printer rivals the much Higher volume Ricoh MFD's cost per page. (the Ricoh is still clearly cheaper per page but this get's much closer to that price point)
Prints fairly fast for an Ink-Jet printer, it was very surprising to see how fast it really was.

the Meh: print head alignment is wonky and not nearly as good as a laser printer is, but cost and complexity is much lower on this printer.
Scans are very slow, but they look good and are clear and easy to read

the Bad: If you don't print regularly to this machine or leave it on overnight or over the weekend the print heads will gum up and you'll need to run the cleaning routine a few times to clean it up.
If you turn it off at night and back on in the morning you use more ink, but the print heads stay cleaner much longer.
You can't maintain this printer, if a part wears out it's done for and you'll just have to buy a new one.

Its Purpose: We only anticipated the engineer to use this for one year then if business picked up at his location, we would buy a real AIO laser printer with a maintenance plan. But until then we needed to gain a presence in the area with as low of a starting cost as possible.

Summary: It's a good printer overall, and there are a few things I would change on it, but the platform is very solid for a cheapie Wide format all in one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, July 1, 2012
Aaron Dahl (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
I purchased this printer for my small business to replace an aging Brother MFC6490. This printer has been a great, feature-rich printer and has served as a great workhorse for our office for about three months. We do a lot of large format printing (11x17, 12x18, and 13x19) It even does double-sided large format. The printer is fast, controls are intuitive, and the print quality is exceptional - this DURABrite ink is incredible. If you have high quality paper and print on the finest settings this printer prints far better than our Brother color laser. For the price, I really don't think this printer can be beat, only Brother makes something similar, but the print quality of this Epson is soo much better. I recommend this without hesitation.

The only challenge I have come up with is that although the printer is a full-bleed printer, it only does full bleed on letter, tabloid, and 13x19; I was unable to get the printer to do a full bleed on a 12x18 sheet and according to Epson, this task is not supported by this machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effortless Scanning and Duplex Printing in one impressive package!, April 10, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
To be honest, I haven't even looked at multi-function scan and print systems in years. Yet, the Epson WorkForce WF-7520 All-in-One Wireless Color 13' x 19' Printer caught my attention because of its wide printing capability that seemed ideal for my artwork. I had a job in mind that needed all of these functions, so I decided to try this printer out.

Pros:
- Photocopy function nice for old photos
- WIFI gives my Sony VAIO netbook printer access
- Shipped in strong box and arrived in perfect condition
- Duplex printing

Cons:
- USB data cable not included

Packaging:
The Epson WF-7520 USB Printer came to my front porch in a large cardboard box. Inside the box, the printer was encased in thick foam at the four corners and then wrapped in plastic to keep any scuff marks off the black plastic casing.

Installation:
I cleared a table top and 30 minutes later I pulled the data cable from my Epson V30 USB scanner to make the hookup complete. The CD loaded in and we went online to get the updates and find the manual. The one that came with it was a joke. I was filing insurance forms, so the ability to copy all of my filled out forms was easy, even copying and printing two sides, which my Epson V30 scanner and Canon Pixma iP 7600D photo printer could do only awkwardly.

I was pretty sure that the printing couldn't match the Canon, since you are looking at 6 vs 4, ink cartridges, but was very surprised, because the Epson WF-7520 can actually beat the Canon Pixma iP 6700D with certain kinds of pictures. The picture of a space game with all of the energy bursts and star light had detail that the Canon couldn't reproduce. The Canon won when I took a photo of a color painting with a misty haze over horses and a barn, but it was close. Yet, the same picture on larger paper beat the Canon because it brought out more detail that I had not seen before! Glossy pictures were the same with both printers. Judging by the cost of ink cartridges, it is less expensive to keep the Epson WF-7520 running than the Canon Pixma iP 6700D. Oh, by the way, do not try to scan a fine art pencil drawing on the scanner bed. It will "bleach out" the colors in the photo that appears in your computer.

I had one problem when I went to print a picture of a woodpecker, during the second day of tests. The print head must be 1 inch long, because I was getting 1 line of yellow on a green background every inch. Yes, I had a clogged blue cartridge jet. I ran the off/on cycle, since that runs the ink fill cycle,hence shouldn't be done every day, but it didn't help. A quick look on the front LCD panel gave me the cleaning print head function. It took 3 cleanings, but it finally worked and I never had that problem again.

The scanner can scan a full 14" and there is an ample feed tray and space for the original(s) to drop out below. The paper to be printed must enter through tray 1 or tray 2 and the trays can be extended to handle the larger 8 ˝" X 14" and 11" X 17" paper sheets. If you provide a high density photo to the Epson WF-7520, the 8 1/2" X 11" through the 11" X 17" photos will look exactly alike with no fade, pixalation or discoloration.

The reader for memory sticks is straight forward and easy to use. I downloaded my entire Nikon D90 with just a few seconds of button pushes to my desktop computer. Please note that my computer is an Intel i7 with 8Gb of DDR3 memory so it has plenty of speed to operate this printer to its full potential.

Summary:
If you've got the room on a sturdy surface, the smooth movement between copying, scanning, printing and faxing is a big time saver. You don't sacrifice print quality for all of these, so I will continue to enjoy the Epson WF-7520, hopefully, for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, capable All-In-One, feature rich, March 24, 2012
Joseph Spiegel "Joe" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Epson WorkForce WF-7520 All-in-One Wireless Color 13" x 19" Printer with 11" x 17" Scanner, Copier and Fax, (C11CB58201)

The last office work type printer I reviewed was the HP 8500A+. It started out having trouble and just got worse from there, yielding a one star review and becoming the worst printer I've ever owned. Well, I jumped at the opportunity to test a different printer. The Epson WorkForce WF-7250. What a difference, first unlike the HP it worked right out of the box. It was easy to set up other than it was heavy (about 50 lbs.), I just followed the instructions and had an updated up and running printer in a bit over 40 minutes. It is considerably larger than the HP so I had to find a different location to set it up. I use my bedroom as my home-office and computer center. I repurposed a nightstand as the new home of my giant printer. It is a fully wireless printer (WiFi, AirPrint, email print etc.) so not having it next to the computer gives great freedom. Unlike the large touch-panel display on the HP, the Epson uses a smaller non touch display and hard buttons. This is the only fault I have found so far and a minor one at that.

The 7520 has two paper trays with 250 sheet capacity each. With coordination of the driver and the settings on the printer you can set two different types of paper to each tray. I put photo 4x6 in the top (tray 1) and Letter paper in the bottom (tray 2) and sending a print job it selected the proper paper. The bottom tray cannot be set to do photo paper. My guess is the extra distance travelled is probably bad for the paper, didn't find the reason yet. I did print a photo to the printer using a premium glossy paper. The results were decent and borderless is an option. This is very good for a non-photo type printer. It took a bit of figuring out but I got envelopes to work too. There's isn't a listing of envelope, only "other" on the paper list. So on tray 1 I chose other and told MS Word to print it's envelope to tray one/other. That worked and my #10 envelopes came out just fine. This is a very versatile all in one printer.

Compared to the HP the Epson is much quieter. It doesn't do as mush grinding and prepping before printing. So for now, I will say it's very quiet. One of the bad things about having a non-touch display is entering data. To set up the WiFi or fax information you have to use a moderately tedious directional key alphabet. Gladly, you don't have to do this very often. The manual that comes with the printer is decent. It's in black and white on plain paper. Functional but not fancy, it's also in English and French. It was missing good instructions for envelope handling but still was helpful over all.

The Scanner, Copy and Fax system works well and is supported with the bundled software package. It will also work with any third party photo editing type software that needs a scanner. The software has three different modes selectable from a drop down menu. They are home, office and professional; these choices set the interface to different ease of use settings. Very nice, you can suit your software comfort level with this feature. It works well and is easy to use. The fax integrates into your operating system and is used like a printer, just print to the fax and away it goes after you choose or enter a number. The copier works easily too, just load in the original into the feeder or lift the top and lay it on the glass. Press the button for color or black & white and it copies. It is also capable of doing two sided copies as well as printing two sided pages. It also gave a 100% copy without any special settings. My HP needs to be told to zoom in or it will crop the top and bottom.

Included with the printer are a full set of XL capacity inks and a few sheets of letter sized paper. Given this printer is a large format printer I would have hoped for a few of those sheets, but no. At least the inks were the large capacity size that is very good. You also get a telephone cord to hook up the printer for faxing. There is no USB cord but with wireless and Ethernet abilities, not really needed. You also have an array of media card slots and a USB port for picture printing from a camera. Very handy but expected now.

Over all this is a beast of an All-In-One printer with lots of great features. At about three hundred dollars it is in the realm of normal pricing for such a printer, I notice the ink is a bit cheaper than for my HP but the carts are smaller too. Not really sure what the cost is to operate as getting the posted page count is mostly a fantasy. The true measure is the feature set and reliability. So far I'm very impressed. It printed from my iPad on the first try and I didn't have to do anything special. It all just went together as expected with no problems. That's great in my book and worlds better than the 8500A+ ever did. This is a keeper. Highly recommended and I'll post updates if anything changes for the good or hopefully not, bad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Concept, Poor Execution, May 2, 2013
Run a small print shop and in reading reviews and specs the WF-7520 would be a good backup option to our larger Canon Inkjet printers. Boy were we wrong! Decent quality prints, but uses a lot of ink, very expensive per print. Also, the interface is not very smart in identifying installed papers, etc. Might be ok for occasional prints & scans at home, but is not very robust in any other environment. Avoid.

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›