5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent All-Around MFP
First, a response: while the very cynical 1-star review is correct about there being a paper-size limitation in tray/cassette 2, the choices are A3, A3+, US B (11x17), Letter, Legal, and A4! I think practically everyone will use at least one of those paper sizes with this printer, and they can be put there. Tray/cassette 1 of course supports the full complement of paper...
Published on February 25, 2012 by firewater231

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Frustrated
I am a musician who deals with some over sized scores so I need a large format printer and scanner. That leaves all of about two options unless you pay upwards of $5-600 which is out of my budget. I have had my printer out for a sum total of 72 hours and my auto document feeder jams on the first page (haven't gotten it to do even a single full page of any job so far...
Published on November 25, 2012 by Romanos

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 521 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer!, February 28, 2012
This review is from: Epson WorkForce WF-7520 Wireless All-in-One Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer, Scanner, Copier, Fax (C11CB58201) (Office Product)
Great printer for the price if you need large format scanning and printing. Epson has updated their drivers so you can now print large format paper from either tray.

2.0 out of 5 stars INK HUNGRY PRINTER!!, January 3, 2014
This is a great printer, produces great printouts and is very fast. However, it drinks ink like it's been in the desert for 30 days! We use this in our office mainly to print 11x17 proofs. We had to opt for this printer because we have an aged Mac environment running on old MAC OS software and many of the other printers did not support our "aged" computer environment. The printer met our OS requirements, but we found out that it is not a cost effective printer. We basically print about 15-25, 11x17 page proofs 5 or 6 days a week. It seems as if by the third day or sometimes even the second day, we are chaining ink. Small, occasional print jobs with this printer would be great, but in my environment it is not. There an older brother model the 6490CW (which is one of their older wide-format model) outshines the Epson by being cost effective when it comes to printing, but has beats everyone in the quality of their printouts and speed combined.

2.0 out of 5 stars Time to eat some crow... Epson, you win, February 4, 2014
I MUST SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT BASED UPON MY REVIEW BELOW. Although I still believe that my old HP prints average word docs better on average paper. Here is my latest on this:

I went and bought the HP 8600 e plus yesterday based upon my notes below. I set it all up and began to print a few sample items. I must say I was frustrated. The print quality was no better than the Epson - perhaps worse.

I stewed about it all night then got up this morning and decided to put them both through the wringer. I printed identical documents on fine linen letterhead, average multi-use paper and fine quality matte presentation paper.

I printed letters, emails and several Powerpoint slides with photos, graphics etc.

I then laid them all out on the table in good light and scrutinized each one carefully. The result....?

I am returning the HP and keeping the Epson.

A friend showed up as I was doing this and without knowing which was which he chose the Epson prints and then told me I know these are Epson. He went on the explain all the technical pixelation reasons ect. He lost me. But he confirmed what my amateur eye could see. The Epson had a better print quality, especially where it mattered, on the high end graphics and photos.

Dear Epson - please forgive my rash response from yesterday.

I always liked the Epson machine better and wanted to love it but it seems that I did not give it a fair chance in those first few test prints. The paper was cheap paper and the settings were average.

Still don't know why my old printer prints so nicely - even in draft mode! But the ADF doesn't work and it is making some serious clunking sounds so I don't believe it is long for this world.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First Review:

I spent two weeks reading reviews and visiting stores trying to decide on a printer. Honestly, pretty much all the research screamed at me, "Buy the HP 8600 e plus!!!" But I had complained about my HP printer and its software for the past 7 years and refused to buy another one.

Turns out, my 7 year old HP 7600 prints and scans far, far better than this brand new Epson. What a disappointment. The machine is solid enough and features are nice. The price was right (got it on sale for $199) It has the large format, which was not a need but a nice feature. The software was easy to load.

(however!! be careful. I have Office 2013 and the included ABBYY Reader killed it. I had to remove the ABBYY software for Office to work again. This is not a problem with Office 2007 that I have on my work computer.)

Honestly I really wanted to like this machine and have desperately tried to make it work. But the two things that I bought it for - printing and scanning (go figure huh!) it is horrible at. Truly. For a new printer to produce prints this lame and cheap looking is, in my mind, unnecessary and ridiculous.

I am in the process of trying to return it now. We'll see what happens with that.

In the meantime I am going to buy the HP 8600 e plus and would recommend that you do the same.

Come on Epson, work a little harder at the basics so we can have a viable choice some day!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use with Great Results, March 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a writer and have a home office. Not only do I need to print out clean documents, I need to be able to produce professional quality, full-color marketing pieces. This printer has met my needs and exceeded my expectations.

At about twice the size (and weight) of your typical desktop color printer, I had to do some creative reorganization to figure out where to put it, but once that was settled, everything went smoothly. Installation was extremely simple. From start to finish, it probably took about 30 minutes, including initializing ink cartridges, downloading software, updating firmware, and online registration. (I use a USB for connection, which is not included with the printer, so I can't speak to setting it up on a network.)

One of my favorite things already is the automatic document feeder. It was a snap to scan a five page document and save it as a PDF. The print quality is great, the colors are crisp, and the speed is quite nice. I haven't run into any problems with it yet, and don't anticipate any. I'm very pleased with this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work under Linux, May 16, 2014
Looks like a good printer, but if you are buying it to run under Linux, forget about large format. No support for large paper sizes, chokes and throws error messages if you try. I wasted a good solid weekend trying to hack it to print 11X17, but it will not do it. Probably a great printer under another operating system.

[Edit] Kept the printer, hooked up to a windows machine. Prints flawlessly under Windows, and prints 8.5X11 flawlessly under Linux. Both machines can "see" the wireless printer, so either can print to it. An advantage is they also can both "see" a memory card plugged into the printer and share that space. This is a really robust printer, easier to maintain than my old HP of similar capacity. If you are running Linux, plan to use an old windows or a mac box to talk pretty to it about 11X17 paper. Otherwise a very durable and capable machine. Sheet feeder works flawlessly, no problem with jams and wadded up paper despite high humidity (which can cause jams) Two paper trays make printing to various sizes easy (if you don't mind shifting over to the windows box). Scanning works very well, both from the sheet feeder or off the platten. I've had the printer over a month and have had no trouble with it, other than lack of 11X17 support with their Linux Driver.

2.0 out of 5 stars Grade D+ and no better, September 12, 2013
I bought the Epson Workforce WF-7520 for my 1-person office because I needed something that would print and scan up to 11"X17". I read reviews stating for a small office, this is the best ink-jet out there, won't break the bank, perfect for a small office, and has high print quality. To be honest, after a month of use, this is probably the worst ink-jet I have used.

It prints poorly and more slowly than identified in the specs. The only way to get a half-decent printout of report style text and figures is to set the printer on the highest quality print option and the result is mediocre at best and barely passable for a working copy for office use only. Anything less than the highest quality and the colors are faded and there are lines across the page every 5mm or so.

As for scanning, yes it does scan. But beyond that it is frustrating. The automatic document feeder jams regularly and even when it does work, it makes loud noises that sound like cheap plastic getting ready to break.

Long story short, I have bought a color laser printer for 8.5"X11" paper and a Scansnap scanner to replace these functions for my office. I still use the Epson for printing 11"X17", but only for office use. For any large prints that go to a client, I have to go down the street to the printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Powers., June 19, 2013
ideas equate (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
My young adult child has searched two years for an affordable and uncompromising scanner to capture larger architectural images in high detail. The search began with used equipment at $2,000. Now this miraculous machine appears. Putting aside the printing function, the scan table has perfected mechanical execution. The margins are not crimped by that ridiculous half inch in scanning a book. The software separates multiple images on one page for individual digital files. There is so much more to discover. The absence of a tray means the cats won't break it. The print quality is superb as others can emphasize, but the scan function is a real tractor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson Work Force WF-7520, April 16, 2013
4/16/2013
I Received this printer on time and it was very easy to set up and with in a few mins I was printing 13'' x 19'' floor plans it is a great investment and worth the while buying. I would recommend this printer to my friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase for our small bussiness, December 23, 2012
My small business purchased the Epson Workforce WF-7520 because we needed to upgrade to the all-in-one technology to handle our increased work load. We have owned Epson printers and have had good success with them. This printer is no exception. It was very easy to setup and got it running in less than 30 minutes time. Just follow the instructions and steps, and no problem.

The print quality is very good and it is quick for both black/white and color printing. Scanning function is very easy and we really like the oversized scanning bed to capture larger documents and books. The two paper trays allows us to keep handy two sizes of paper for printing out our technical and legal documentation work. All in all, this was a great purchase and we highly recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than the 7010, and here's why, highly recommend, April 18, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The big deal: wireless. The other similar model by Epson, the 7010, has a cable. This being wireless puts it over the top for convenience.
LOTS of PROS:
easy to understand operation, visual display is intuitive, and it's easy to figure out. Just between model numbers, this has an easier learning curve even though it contains more options and versatility.

The flatbed top lifts securely and is sturdy. You can scan larger documents, which is helpful for textbooks and large cookbooks. It prints even larger, but note there is a difference between widest scan and widest print.

Heavy weight plastic throughout, all supplies come with it, including paper samples. (Make sure you have a good paper source, the 13 x 19 wasn't easy to find...) Nothing feels cheap. My older HP had very shoddy plastic that eventually snapped through lifting the flatbed lid often.

Not a big fan of multiple color refills, as even when one runs out, you'd think the others would continue working (my previous Epson turns all the colors off, even black, if one of the colors runs out...not convenient if you still need b/w and don't want to run to the store). This isn't laser, and it's similar to the 7010 in many ways, but I like this better. Even the 2 sided prints feel different on this one. I didn't notice as much of a color bleed on heavier weight paper (it wasn't huge on the other but noticeable on some finer details).

The fax is convenient but I doubt I would use that. I'm assuming most people are going for the wide print capability, which is incredibly helpful...more than you'd expect at first. And given that it's wireless, rather than Ethernet, makes it much superior to the others, even in the EPSON line, without a huge upgrade in price.

It used to be said to buy components separate: scanner, fax, copier. The multiple use copiers always seemed problematic, like they didn't do any one thing well. This does all of them quite well, and you'd save space and money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 521 | Next ›