5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this more than I expected

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I ordered
Published on December 12, 2006 by Barbara

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this more than I expected, April 26, 2007
This review is from: Equity by La Crosse SkyScan 31269 LCD Atomic Alarm Clock (Kitchen)
I have several SkyScans. Where I live, we lose power all-too-frequently. It works fine, has no problem getting the "sky signal" (we can't even use cell phones here) and I especially like the "ceiling time' (it projects the time onto the ceiling). The only thing I had to get used to is the alarm setting mechanism. The in-between setting does not set the alarm, you have to slide it all the way....and the alarm has an increasingly louder signal, so you can't be slow at turning it off (unless loud noises don't bother you in the AM.) Mine looks just like the picture. It always has the right time and I don't have to mess with it. What could be better?

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I ordered, December 12, 2006
The one I received does not look like the one in the photo. I did not realize it until I came back online and looked at my order. The one I received is larger and square but works the same--the projection is what I was looking for. Unfortunately, the atomic part does not work in southern California. I had to call customer service and get it figured out and manually set the time. Customer service was helpful and nice.

3.0 out of 5 stars It keeps decent time, but..., March 8, 2009
K. Sisco (Coolville, OH) - See all my reviews
My clock does not look like the one pictured above. I looked for the model number on the SkyScan Web site, and could not find it - not even with a search of the site. Hmm...

The atomic function worked once for me when I first got it, but it doesn't seem want to update the time. That first time was not easy either. I had much trouble before it finally decided (on its own) to update. I have tried placing it in a west-facing window, but to no avail. I have tried taking the batteries out and starting from scratch, but still no updates since the first time I got it. Even pushing the "wave" button does not accomplish an update.

On the bright side, the clock seems to keep good time (maybe it updates occasionally, who could really know?). The projection function is what I wanted, and that is superb. The numbers projected are large and in focus (clock has a focus knob and one that changes the angle of the digits). I definitely can not complain about the projection.

I have never used the alarm, so I can't say as to how that works. I just wish the update function would readily work. And, yes, I know that we receive the atomic signal in southeastern Ohio, because my other atomic clock adjusts without issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase., May 7, 2011
The clock worked as advertised and as the comments of others stated. Came quickly and set up easily. Directions are not great but can be used.

3.0 out of 5 stars Projection good, but ..., December 5, 2011
amarevw (Sunnyside CA) - See all my reviews
This is a fairly low end clock. The clock display is dim and will only work after inserting three AA batteries, the attached power cord is only for the projection portion. Once the batteries are installed, the display on the clock is on the dim end of the spectrum. The projection is great and it is good to have focus and rotation control. For the projection portion I give this clock *****, but for the overall clock, it only gets ***

4.0 out of 5 stars Time at night, September 12, 2011
How many times have you been awake at night and wanted to know what time it is. The LaCrosse SkyScan LCD does a fine job of projecting the time on the cieling or wall. It is not obtrusive and is not too bright. Though minor, I would have liked a little more swivel capability with the unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best atomic project clock, June 24, 2012
This is probably the best atomic projection clock if all you want is a time display function. I have several of of this model. It has a bright-enough projection display, can do 24-hour format (unlike Oregon Scientific models), relatively easy to setup (for an atomic clock), and the most affordable.

As is with most digital clocks, setting up the alarm is a hassle and I do not use it.

Negative #1: The power-supply is only for the projection and all setting is lost when battery is changed. The trick is to replace one battery at a time and quickly to retain the settings.

Negative #2: When placed behind you, say on a bed headboard, the display cannot be rotated enough for proper orientation while sleeping. There is a plastic tab inside the projector that can be forced broken to override it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Operated by battery only so lose ALL settings when change battery, November 11, 2011
Mike Bessler (Bolingbrook, IL) - See all my reviews
I tried the "Equity by La Crosse SkyScan 31269 LCD Atomic Alarm Clock" and it was fine except the clock ran from battery only even though they give you an ac adapter. The ac adapter is for the ceiling display only. When you change the battery on the La Crosse, the clock and ALL settings are lost so I returned it and bought the "SmartSet Dual Alarm AM/FM Clock Radio". The ceiling time can NOT shown right side up with the clock facing you, this is like most other ceiling clocks so watch out. The La Crosse has the most advanced ceiling display as it can be twisted all 4 directions, but cannot be twisted enough to use the clock with the ceiling display right side up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Projection clock review, January 12, 2011
For the money this is a great product. The atomic part of this clock is excellent as you do not have to set it and the time is always correct.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wacko clock, September 10, 2007
The clock will not set to eastern standard time. I manually set it and it keeps reseting itself to central time. The customer service on this product is horrible. A person called during the day and left me no good info.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›