5.0 out of 5 stars Four Words: Guaranteed For Life Cord!, August 6, 2012
Sean A.M. (Englewood, Colorado, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ergoguys HPK-1540 Califone Washable Titanium Headphone (Electronics)
I purchased these for my son who has Autism, as it's sometimes easier for him to focus on activities (movies, educational games, etc.) with headphones on. However, my son also likes to chew on things, and a dangling headphone cable -- often coated in rubber, and right next to his little face -- is a difficult thing for him to resist. We have been through tons of headphones; all we have to do is take our eyes off him for a second for him to start grinding the cable between his teeth. Finding these Califone headphones with their "Guaranteed For Life" cord and washable headset is seemingly the answer for all our headphone-related problems.

Get this: this cord is specifically designed to be ... chew-proof!

During the first week my son managed to break-off the plug on the end of the cord, and all I had to do was call Califone; a few days later we had a replacement cord, and they didn't even ask me to return the broken cord.

The headphones themselves seem really durable, and the over-ear design really helps to block-out ambient sound. (Don't let the name fool you: these are made of plastic, not titanium.) I hope this is the last pair of headphones I ever have to buy for my son, and from my experience with them directly I would not be surprised if they are. (Even if it's the last pair of headphones I have to buy for him this year it will be an improvement!) I was really impressed with Califone's warranty replacement, and I'm happy that if something happens to these I just have to make a phone call to get another cable as opposed to wasting another set of headphones, going to the store, and pouring over the headphone selection to find something suitable.

They sound fine, too. I have several pairs of audiophile-quality headphones (I am a professional musician) so I know these aren't top-of-the-line, but they're at least as good (if not better) than anything else I have purchased in the same price range.

I don't really give a lot of 5-star reviews on Amazon (this may be my first, actually), but a guaranteed-for-life, unconditional warranty on the element which fails most often on headphones really makes this product exceptional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful for child with sensory sensitivity to loud noises., January 24, 2012
Shawn Laubach (Norman, OK United States) - See all my reviews
My daughter loves these head phones. They are comfortable. The cord is detachable so she can wear them without dangling cord to block out some noise in large group settings. They don't block all sound so she can still hear the speaker on stage at church or person sitting by her talking. But it blocks enough noise so she is not overwhelmed
Before these headphones she was not able to sit in basketball games or church or loud auditorium programs because lots of noise bothered her.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a Fantastic Product!, September 13, 2013
I bought these for my 8 year old. She is in the autism spectrum and tends to chew on things out of nervousness and for comfort. The cord on this is wrapped in a heavy fabric braid and carries a lifetime guarantee. I had been getting the cheapest headphones I could find because the cord would have a life of about one day.We tried wireless, but she would chew the ear cups. She keeps these on and seems to like them.

The sound quality is very good. The headphones are very comfortable. They are also washable.

Just to clarify the product identification, the HPK-1540 consists of the HPC-1520 cord and the HPE-1000 headphone.

ARRAY(0xd818b554)